My God I am speechless.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by badders2006, May 14, 2010.

1. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    lol.... it's a FIGURE OF SPEECH.....

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the reason why some of u don't think 1st because they see LCW as 1st already, #1:p

3. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    hahaha.. of cos he's #1.... in ranking only... :D:D

4. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    And why did he skiped Mas open in january ?
    I think he really had troubles at AE and SO...

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    becoz some players can afford a 'longer' vacation..

6. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    prolly cos m'aian crowd are somewhat 'hostile' towards him..:D:D

but not me... lol...

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I seen the match on live, with half my eyes closed at the wee morning dawn and then on the download again. The way LD plays against 2 of the #1 player of their nations; LCW and TH, they was absolutely no chance at all. LD form is actually more impressive than his showing at OLY08, all the missiles are polished and ready to launch, and LCW/TH had no shield but got screwed. Majors like AE, WC, esp OLY, LD takes it as real business and when it comes to TC where defending CHN honors is top priority, that is like double dose of top priority. LCW is a good player, as long as he doesn't face LD in the final of a major, he has a chance, otherwise, tough.

8. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Errrrrrrrrr....
    This don't explain Ld's bad form in England and Swiss..

But the only thing is I want to see him in good dorm in Paris for WC :)

9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol I don't think he fear the Malaysian crowd, since he won Thomas Cup in Stadium Putra :D

10. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    no,he didn't fear the crowd...not at all... just that he doesn't like m'sian
    food ??:D:D

he gotta come here btw, team order to defend the TC... lol...:p:p

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol T-Maker yeah he had to go because Lyb asked him to...

Yeah maybe he don't apreciate Malaysian food or he was just on holydays at the time, like Cooler suggested ;)
    actually we don't know, but I doesn't matter...

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    That is true, his AE10 loss to Bao Bao...LD sucked at AE10 as well as the 4 tournaments prior to TC10, LD was a pale shadow of what he did at TC10. Like he can switched it on and off. Many BCers have written him off like he is Lin Done but I said, he will be back and for a lot of reasons. He is not old but younger than LCW and TH, and he would have retired long ago after OLY08 milking his millions if not for wanting that one more OLY12 gold, which along the way might as well collects more AEs, WCs, TCs and 1/2 AG gold. The last thing is his pride of losing, especially to LCW and TH, that probably prompt him to 'be back'. But I did not expect him to be back to his OLY08 form so fast, that I did not see. Don't you agree the way LD played in TC, is among the best performance he has displayed in his career. Everything is there; anticipation, speed, trademark footwork, fitness, excellent defence, etc. etc...and of course, acting rolling on the floor LOL:D:p

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I've seen many great players from the past undergoing this problem.

After many years they can't take the tough training and some quit.LD

probably gets different training that's why he doesn't get injured.

I believe he will use SS tournaments to prepare for major tournaments and like past masters, he can only win the targeted ones and peak for them.Other people who challenge him in majors may be too exhausted from playing too many tournaments to be able to match him (as described by Ian Wright on TV) being focused, thinking clearly and knowing exactly what to do.
    I think LD in Thomas cup was so psyched up ,well prepared physically and
    so matured he could read his opponents like a book. Like Morten Frost used to say when playing Zhao Jian Hua on his day, "he makes such great shots that the only way to play him is to react and follow and wait for Zhao to make a mistake. "
    To me its all Deja Vu , he will show his best in targeted tournaments and lose miserably in others just like many past masters.I think in OG2008 and TC 2010 Lee Chong Wei did what was humanly possible, most probably on those days LD could have beaten Koo KK and Tan Boon Heong in a 1 vs 2 game.It was a rare masterful display like Usain Bolt in OG08 and Liu Xiang in OG04 because they were all focused and geared up for it.
    I think LCW or Taufik just had no weapons to counter, imagine fighting Bruce Lee all fired up.As Chinese like to say, even a tiger is doomed.

#93 Bbn, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  14. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Actually it's just a gross exaggeration :rolleyes:.

15. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    hahaha... i'm just an old guy who 'likes' badminton...don't even know how to hold a racquet... so,who am i to 'challenge' anybody ?? :D:D

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well, Misbun as a coach certainly cannot match up to LD's coaches in terms of doing thorough homework. That's already one disadvantage for LCW. Yet LCW still remains a nightmare to CHN MS.

What LD did to LCW in TC10 is similar to what LCW did to LD in TC08. In both cases, the WR1 lost. In both cases, the WR2 took the initiative, caught the WR1 by surprise and deactivated their A game.It's not as if LCW has never made LD look ordinary. In fact , the recent occasions LCW took out LD, LD looked so ordinary, LD fans claimed he lost them because they were not major matches.

The greatest damage LD's win can do is if LCW believes LD is superior. Of course not, that's why the whole CHN team have to focus on LCW.If LD's coaches do not think LCW has the edge, they would not have to do such intense homework as revealed in LD's perfect game. LD has to play his best to defeat LCW but interestingly, LCW does not have to play his best to defeat LD.

In the run-up to Asian Games, don't expect any LCW vs LD encounters.LD will lose in SS to avoid LCW while we can expect LCW to crash out in WC10. LYB wants to minimise opportunities for LCW to defeat LD because he knows that once LCW has more success over his opponent, his confidence increases at subsequent meetings. LCW used to 'fear' TH even though LCW already has no reason to. During that stage, they took turns to win. Until LCW found the 'formula' to defeat TH and gain such confidence that 'fear' disappeared and LCW has not lost to TH since. Same with his confidence level now when playing PG. There's no uncertainty in his body language when he meets PG nowadays.

LCW would benefit from more SS matches to 'experiment' with LD but LYB will make sure that does not happen. That's why they have the China League from May to Aug so there's good excuse to skip SS during this period. And BAM made the right decision in not allowing LCW to play in the CHN League. It should be noted that LD's losses this year to non-CHN MS happened in the second consecutive week of his action. Does that give a hint that his power and speed probably cannot be sustained into the second week? Or the fifth consecutive tough match (yet to be seen)?

17. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student

....And his talent for celebrating matches !! Did you see the one after Ld vs Lcw in Tc ? The same as in 08OG : he throws his shirt for showing muscles :D

18. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Good post.

Judging by recent news articles, it seems LD's coach (the old wise one sitting beside the court) really is invaluable to helping LD reach "oneness" on the court :)

19. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    Marvel should add a new member to the Fantastic 4... The Real 'Thing'... :D:D

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Yeah, I saw that:D As for flaunting his muscle, well, if you got those 6-packs, might as well show them off...if I have those 6-packs, I show them too, now wait a minute...I might show more than that;):D:p