As I See It..(from Pemuda)..

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by ctjcad, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..this is not from me, but from our Pemuda.:eek:;) Yes, he's no longer part of BC but some of you guys probably had a feeling he wouldn't leave BC without his final say. He recently emailed me and sent me his last piece of writing...so here it is..

As I See It

Before I start writing about the recently concluded TC & UC, I would like to share with you all the story of a legendary malay warrior, Hang Jebat during the golden age of the Melaka Sultanate. But with some recent findings, lets just say Hang Jebat was a legendary Malaysian warrior rather than just a malay one. Anyway, back to Hang Jebat ... together with his close friend and fellow warrior, Hang Tuah, they both served the Sultan of Melaka. Hang Tuah was the bravest and was the Sultan's favourite. However, in the Royal house then there were numerous hanger ons, scumbags, low lifes in the Sultan's inner circle who were jealous of Hang Tuah's popularity. So, they hatched a plan to bring down Hang Tuah and accused Hang Tuah of treason for consorting with one of the Sultan's consorts, Melor, and the big and mighty Sultan was mad. As the Sultan, he was the top dog in his little Kingdom and his Highness ain't going to put up with someone doing things behind his back. Without checking further, the Sultan ordered that Hang Tuah be executed for treason. Anyway, Hang Tuah was not executed but was instead hidden away by the Bendahara (equivalent to a PM in present day). Hang Jebat sensing this great injustice, went to the royal court and started attacking and killing everyone in sight. The great man stood up against the pompous and ignorant Sultan for his friend who he thought was dead. Armed with the great Taming Sari, Hang Jebat effortlessly put down all the Sultan lapdogs, lackeys and what not. Though in the end, Jebat was killed by Hang Tuah, who was re-called back by the Sultan after he was told that the man was merely in exile. Some may say that Jebat was a traitor, I beg to differ actually. I like Hang Jebat's actions. He didnt bent over like the rest did. He stood up to the Sultan. The man was no lapdog.

Ok, now lets get down to business. The TC & UC. I was away in Perth for work during the early rounds. In Australia, they didn't even show the TC/UC at all. But I saw Australia Got Talent and I like the chinese chap who did the 'didgeridoo' thing. Top class. Though I find the watermelon man a little bit over the edge! I came back to Malaysia just in time for the Semifinals. When China gave us a 3-0 badminton lesson in front of our home Boleh fans who were screaming themselves into a frenzy, it is more than just a slap round the face. Actually, the Japanese too gave us a tight slap earlier. China made us look like novices or village idiots in our own backyard. I saw the LD vs LCW match, and the first thing that came to my mind was that "LCW whitewashing LD's" thread. How now after watching LCW being made to look like a shy schoolboy by the great man? I mean LD was toying with our WR#1, LCW like some pet chimpanzee. Some were saying before that LD is afraid or unable to perform in Malaysia, but after watching how the man put LCW away lets not kid ourselves any longer. I like the little break dance thing LD did after he sent LCW crashing, it was the icing on the cake. Had LD been a little more motivated during the AE, that AE title may still be a distant wet dream for LCW. WCH? Watching him slog against CJ was painful. Reminds me of my previous family cat who was aging and sickly. Thank God we made a collective family decision and put her to sleep. May Sayang rest in peace.

As for our UC team, I have said it before and I will say it again, though some of you will go running to the forum owner ranting about me running down our women shuttlers. Rant and scream all you want .... it ain't going to make a difference :), anyway I am speaking the truth here. Our women shuttlers are average. Their level is at best State kinda level and they are all mere sacrificial lambs out there. Some may say that had Lydia Cheah etc. not been injured, we could have done better. I say please stop picking your nose and end all these wishful thinking.

I read in today's papers that our shuttlers blamed their disastrous showing at both the TC & UC due to our culture. This is creativity, indeed by our shuttlers. If only ... I mean ... if only our shuttlers displayed the same "creativity" during the competition, we may have fared better. LCW, after the Olympics should have blamed the Government for all those cash $$ reward & Datukship title awarded to him for only winning the silver ... if it's really culture is the root cause.

Anyway, nothing is going to change. We will have the usual charade ... then sack a few coaches and business will be back to usual. BAM and all our other sports association will still be run very feudal-like. Bolehians will be pacified with some changes that are merely cosmetic ... and will hold each other hands in prayer and hope that we will win the next TC or UC.

Now ... lastly as for myself, I guess all good things must come to an end. I had a few good years in the forum. Short but sweet. I accept my outcome and should my removal bring a ray of sunshine into some of your lives, I am glad to be of service. I have no ill feelings towards anyone. Should my posts irritate or insult some of you lot, please accept my sincere apologies. Please forgive me, dont keep things all bottled up inside as I dont wan't some of you to develop anal fissure or something. There is more to life than being mad or vengeful for things someone said in a forum. I also like to thank those who regularly chatted with me through PM (you know who you are!). As in life ... as soon as one door closes, another one opens ... I am indeed looking forward to going over to the States to do my Masters in a few months time. It was not an easy decision as I gotta give up a lot of things here at home. But I'm optimistic because life itself is an adventure.

Boys and girls of BC ... cheerios. Like Hang Jebat ... I would like to think I went out with my guns (in Jebat's case with the keris, Taming Sari by his side) blazing.

Love n kisses,

Pemuda aka Hang Jebat

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

pretty much the same droll that he used to spew when he was here... not much creativity, using old malay folklore is a trick been used by everybody...ever since i can remember.. .. just ooozing the same old brown stuff....

hang jebat? hang jebat is a man of action not words..... nope he is no hang jebat .. maybe a bidan istana or tok mudim kampung.... much closer to describe him...

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I will tend to agree with the above poster. Anything new really in that post? The same old thing being mentioned over and over again :cool:

I believe we know what's the problem with MAS players or BAM or anything related to Malaysia badminton in general without having to be reminded over and over again.

So, the real question is what can those who are indeed concerned do about it?

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Just ignore that guy and let him live in his own world;)

5. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

it's good insight and the writing's creative style.
    much better den de worshipful chants from blind boleh-land supporters.

cheers pemuda and all the best in the next adventure of ur life!

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    really, if he is that good philosopher he should have done something instead of just write and point fingers and later say sorry..:p

he still lives in his world thinking lee chong wei getting the silver in olympic 08 was nothing, men! this guy is nuts! reading more of his post will also make you a nut..that's why the mod stop:D

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i find it interesting read.
    those brown stuffs, you can take it in 2 ways, flush it away or use it as fertilizer to grow something out of it but he knows how it will be use anyway as he predicts nothing is going to change.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Sorry that Pemuda is gone

Sorry to hear that Pemuda is gone; for I didn't know that. :eek::eek::eek:

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Didn't know? So you didn't miss him one bit?? Ha Ha:D

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If that's his first post in this forum, yeah, you might find it to be insightful and pretty creative. The problem is, that has been his usual comments all these while before he got banned :cool: We have been hearing the same old stuffs written in just another different way from the same guy.

Not to mention he had made several insulting and offensive posts towards some of the players and the BC members here who had been involved in debates with him (even in that last parting message sent through Chris). Worse still, he got the facts wrong when making some of those offensive remarks :cool:

Don't worry Pemuda....you will not be missed certainly. And note that I am not even a fan of any MAS players.

#10 badMania, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I have stopped reading Pemuda's posts

Using our BC Ignore List, I have stopped reading Pemuda's posts. That's why I didn't know.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good for you ;)

13. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i salute you pemuda...

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    OIC. He must have made many foes here.

15. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    That's what I did too. Reading his posts just spoil my good days. Btw, there are a few more on my Ignore List too and you know who you are.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

His posts were never constructive, but destructive for us BCers here

It's not that he wants to make foes. It's just that his posts were never constructive, but destructive for us BCers here.

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Didn't know that he is gone. Was he banned or something? Self exile? It really depends on how we read his posts and response. He have a no hold barred point of view which in good and kick some senses in some of us.

18. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Nothing in his post may have changed since he first started in BC, but has anything changed in malaysian badminton? Still blaming coaches, BAM, LCW's mental strength, etc... if nothing's being fixed, why pull the issue away from the core problems?

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I have not seen much of Pemuda's postings before but the gist of his story is that

he is trying to convince people trapped in blind loyalty and bliss to challenge a

system mired in decay that is out to destroy them.

I am afraid there is a lot of truth in Pemuda's words, he knows because he was brought up in that mould and is kind enough to expose the evil, but the people who intended to help reward him by finishing him off. Et Tu Brute.

Idon't know why he was banned maybe there were too many complaints and reports
    about him or maybe he is an embarassment exposing all the warts. But I think he knows a lot about the undercurrents of things happening which we dont because many things are inside information and not allowed to become public knowledge and cannot be questioned.Maybe too many discussions on politics but at least I think most people
    catch the drift and can read between the lines after his lenghty postings.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Complaining when no constructive solutions are offered

Like most of our posts, problems are easy to identify. But we need to offer some solutions.

Australia and many nations are not doing well at Badminton. We don't see BCers from these nations complaining and complaining when no constructive solutions are offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.