As I See It..(from Pemuda)..

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by ctjcad, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah, call a spade a spade.

Some can see the problems but cannot offer solutions due to various limitations. At least the problems are identified, better than not knowing what the problems are.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I don't think the MAS fans here are blinded by loyalty. I have read many posts (including the recent thread started by ants) which have criticized the way BAM did things. We ALL KNOW the problems and I also believe he isn't the only one who "exposes" the problems or whatever it is. Again, it goes back to the question of: SO WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? Saying things like "disbanding BAM" is easy....but it's not exactly feasible in reality!

On the contrary, his often insulting and derogatory remarks of fellow BCers and most of the MAS players are something that most of us certainly find unacceptable!

I also believe that Pemuda knows little about MAS players (except for the often maligned LCW and Koo/Tan) and badminton in general. This has been exposed in several fiery debates between our BC members and him. Unfortunately, when his lack of knowledge was exposed, he has the tendency to change topics and start insulting our BC members.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I do agree that it does kick some sense to a certain extent. But, when he started to insult players and got the wrong facts as a background of the insult, that is certainly NONSENSE!

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I realise that in fact, most of the loyal and vocal MAS fans here are pretty critical of BAM and they have also identified the problems surrounding the BAM set-up. They are certainly not the typical Boleh fans that are implied in most of Pemuda's posts.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    for the record, his prediction on MAS players results are way more accurate than the diehard bolehers. So, who know MAS players more??

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err....who will not predict that LCW will lose to Lin Dan or Koo/Tan will lose to most of the top pairs in the world?

This is where you and me differ in the definition of "diehard bolehers". I believe that some of the most loyal fans here are not the typical "diehard bolehers" who will only predict that MAS players will win regardless of the opponents.

I certainly don't think they themselves will predict that MAS would win the Thomas Cup last week :cool:

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some people love arguing behind the computer screen...there is no point arguing here in BC as none of us has the power or authority to change things....
    If you care enough about your country or badminton, write to BAM or BWF...why whining here and insult and thrash players? are we better than those players?
    Some here are acting like " SIFU"..not to mention some just watch thru video only...

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

who? let say the bulk of my 2x,xxx posts involve tussles with those bolehians. Not only their prediction were wrong, their post match analysis are totally nonsense. I didnt say all MAS cheerleaders are emotional delirious, there are also many like u who are more grounded to the real world. Yes, u have the rights to remain quiet but when other want to point out their flaws, we are seen as flamers. If u dont want to speak out, u shouldn't hold back on those who want to spill the beans.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's easier to predict the MAS players not winning. It's always the only one against the rest.
    As for the Thomas Cup, most MAS fans know, with the current squad, we can't win but HOPING for a miracle and to support our country. Unfortunately there were no miracles.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's the answer that I am looking for. Thank you ;) That shows that most of the MAS fans here are pretty realistic about their chances, aren't they? Only the die-hard LCW fans like X-Ball will predict that LCW will beat Lin Dan :D But, his sober after-match comments are indeed very thought-provoking.....

Yes, INA fans can also only hope that we pull off an upset. But only a few will bet against Taufik winning against Lin Dan.

11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I can well understand the fanatical and wishful thinking of some Malaysian fans, they are after all similar to football fans and merely supporters.It is all trained in school.

on the other hand there is this mentality, these people have little to excel in, in every field they are reduced to passenger status, the only place where they still excel and dominate is badminton,it is their "great white hope" so to speak.So they have very high expectations, in S America football they even kill the players.
    I suspect some of these supporters when condeming players are actually indirectly criticising the management but dont have the guts to do so.The British say"the person who pulls the money strings control the whole show"
    We all know who the financial backer is and their agenda, cars and supporters more than badminton maybe?
    In short all Iam saying is that we should not take it out on the players and use them as a punching bag, otherwise there may be no more players left.Maybe some credit is due to the players given the circumstances, after all I know of many people WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT OR PUBLIC performing far worse .

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well, this revelation didn't come about from just this TC/UC. Unrealistly prediction and unsensible post games analysis were evidenced way back years ago.

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

But why shoot the messenger.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Because it involves more than just criticism, but also insults and derogatory remarks on fellow BC members and some MAS players. Just ask some of us who had been at the receiving ends of his unpleasant comments :rolleyes:

If you think those are acceptable behaviors too, then, I have nothing to say really....

15. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

I've been away a while and last I remembered he had a good head resting on his shoulders.

Was not present to witness such 'un-acceptable behaviors'. I must admit I'm surprised to hear about his 'departure' and of his 'bad conduct' towards fellow forumers.

I don't know him personally. He sounds like he has closure with the forum.

BTW Badmania, If You have nothing to say then Please don't bother saying 'You don't have nothing to say'. It may come off sounding like disrespecting another forumer even if you didn't really intend to.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My apology if that phrase sounds offensive to you :rolleyes:

17. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

No worries. Thanks for the apology.

nicely placed 'cute roll eyes'

:D

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    this is what i like to see in bc :cool:

everyday! :cool:

won't it just brighten your day? :):):)

#38 pBmMalaysia, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Ok guys, i sense 'somebody' is laughing and having the final laugh behind:rolleyes:

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Totally agree.

Pemuda is an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, with his illusion of superiority.(You see many such examples in the early stages of American Idol.)
    If you read enough of his posts, you will come away with the impression many MAS boleh fans here are stupid , which would be an insult to BCFers because most of the posts are decent.
    (Sorry I did not read his 'As I see it' post in posting this. )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.