As I See It..(from Pemuda)..

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by ctjcad, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    To me, Pemuda was telling the truth about the sad state of Malaysian badminton and it seems that many here are hurt by his true comments.

I am really disappointed if the moderators here has banned him, acting just like the police and judiciary from bolehland...

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    who would that be georgie boy! ;)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Most BCers take in Pemuda's opinions; as how he sees things. Well, it is his views.

The problem is he doesn't take in others' opinions/views.

I have reported to kwun/admin when he attacked one of our posters when their opinions clashed. He attacked the poster by saying that the poster's English is bad, and told him to return to Standard 2 to be educated.

Seriously, we don't need to attack fellow BCers. We only need to read each others' opinions and voice/reply with our own. We should be dealing with the debate/issue, not attacking each other when we have different opinions.

This is just my opinion. :):):)

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

cooler's and Pemuda's thinking of bolehians are the same. Let's just leave them be...

lalala...

His views are okay, though. He repeats them many times and BAM might learn. But I personally couldn't stand it everytime he starts saying bolehians are trapped in the illusion.

#44 undeadshot, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    thats quite true of what u say
    malaysia won 2nd most of the ss title after china
    if malaysia is in a critical state
    yeah
    i agree with u

but
    the 24 ss titles is won by a country that never won uber cup,sudirman cup,olympic gold,world championship gold
    is that a sad case?
    then the nation like japan who won uber cup before
    usa who won world championship before
    must be crying for mum for this

for the spirit
    malaysia boleh to u to for
    demand lcw to beat x times ae champion,3 times wc and 2008 olympic gold,x times tc cup winner and x sudirman cup winner
    deman koo/tan to beat x times ae champions,2 times world championship winner,x times tc up winner and x times sudirman cup winner and silver medalist of og 2010
    33 years old wch to beat a 24? years old cj who won 1 times ae,1 time og 2010 bronze medalist,2 times winner in wjc

lol
    if someone think lcw,koo/tan and wch will beat them
    u must have lost ur mind

#45 limsy, May 22, 2010
  6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Careful with your can, but replace it with 'will'. :D

'if someone think lcw, koo/tan and wch WILL beat them
    u must have lost ur mind'

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    done
    hehe
    yeah
    someone would have lost their mind

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Also, try not to compare "you" and "I". It becomes personal. :):):)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wow
    now this sound like pemuda
    i think u must have meet him at Perth
    hehe

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    malaysia, denmark, korea, indonesia, japan and the rest of the world should be sad losing the thomas cup not to mention china in the uber cup:D everybody knows:D

to say the mod banned him and acting just like the police and judiciary from bolehland...? i think you haven't read enough of his rubbish:D
    very sad you can't now as even his rubbish are all cleaned up :D

11. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    I used to dislike Pemuda coz of his way of comments...but as time past, I see the rationale behind
    his comments...maybe is hard to accept the true facts...but if what he said is wrong...we will have
    OG gold, many AE titles, WC champions, TC/UC champions anytime we want...yes we have many
    SS titles, second behind China...but is this what we really want??? i hope we can win OG, AE and WC
    but beside China, anyone dare to claim we can win it anytime soon? I have my reservations but I
    will keep it inside my heart....
    As for Pemuda departure, i think most will be happy that he is gone for good...but he will always
    be remembered for his hard hitting ways of debating....Let me salute the Hang Jebat of modern
    era....left but not forgotten...if you happened to read this...all the best from me....

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but we must done this step by step lah
    dont think of fly before walk
    now
    we start to win ss regularly 1st
    wc,og,uber cup
    after this lah
    ok?

i do tell him i missed him and his post:D

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Nobody says what this guy says is wrong. He always said repeated facts which everyone already knew. I have said this many times and let me re-iterate here: It is not WHAT he said but HOW he said that hurt. Whenever Malaysia players failed to deliver, bashing was almost guaranteed by this guy. But you wouldn't see any congratulatory statements by him when Malaysia won.

If kids do anything wrong, parents have to tell them what they did wrong. No point of repeatedly scolding without giving any advices/resolutions on how to correct their shortcomings.

The only good thing about this guy is that he writes pretty good English.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..are you sure abt that???..:confused:

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The highlighed sentences sum up the issues that most of us have with Pemuda. Enough said about him

As for congratulatory remarks...sure, he did congratulate Datuk Lee or Koo/Tan for winning some tourneys, but notice that as soon as he made that 1 sentence congratulation, he will start his usual repertoire of old comments.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..maybe Pemuda has high hopes and expectations for his M'sian players thus his seemingly "negative" echoing comments??..maybe he's trying to focus on some, okay maybe a few players, not all M'sian players?..maybe he's trying to focus on ants' favorite badminton organization??..:confused:;)

17. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed

To me SS is not as prestigious as AE, Olympic, WC or Thomas cup. If SS was as prestigious as Thomas Cup, we would have public holiday everytime we won a SS. Fyi, we had a public holiday when we won the Thomas cup in 1992. To you winning a lot of SS is a very proud thing but not to me. We were a badminton powerhouse during the 1950s and 1960s and we have now gone backwards. If we still do not think (or act) like pemuda, we are going to fall more and more backwards...

You might be a fan of LCW or Koo/Tan and hence you defended them. Tell you what, I am a fan of Pemuda...

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    MAS players are fortunate to play for MAS to allow the players to keep 100% of their SS winnings, and BAM provides all training, nutrition, massage theraphy, etc. I have said times over again, badminton today is big business, it is business first and the game second. Fans get fanatical and angered by remarks from people like Pemuda saying things of their hero they do not like to hear but the damn truth hurts, too bad. Winning SS is ultra important to MAS player like LCW, it increases his WR points to WR1, qualify bonus $$$, feeds of into endorsements, winning SS range from US$15-$20, winning SSF even bigger US$40K, and so on, it increases his income and allows him to retire oneday, a rich man. So, if you are LCW, what would you do with prolly 2-3 years playing time left...play all the SS possible and hope to win majority of them and if LD absent, it makes it easier and so much the better.

On Pemuda, if anyone read his past posts, he did give his 2 bits advice on making MAS baddy better but most people find it hard to accept. Just like us overseas ex-malaysian, I am sure Pemuda wants MAS to do well. He did congrats MAS when MAS wins. Quite interesting that even after Pemuda quits, just the sheer mention of his name and this thread via Chris, can generate 4 pages of posts and counting. It justs prove how popular or polarizing Pemuda is. His posts are direct, no swearing, no mincing words either and carries a lot of truth even though it hurts many people soft ego. Pemuda has often questioned Dato mental toughness, and lately, the MAS players themselves admit 'culturally, they lack the mental toughness of the chinese, korean and Japanese'...how ironic which mouth those words come from and are exactly what Pemuda said and he got whacked for that left right and center:D I too am a fan of Pemuda, young guy, articulate and I say smart too.

#58 OneToughBirdie, May 22, 2010
  19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This is a forum after all. I guess everyone is free to make any remarks. Hell if you want to shoot me for a good reason.. then hell shoot me if you want. Is there any particular reason why Pemuda was banned? Did he curse the 4 letter word in the forum, personal 4 letter word attack on someone? Or use double or triple usernames etc?... I guess any member in the forum is important. It makes the "forum". If a member or a vocal member is banned. I think there should be a notice or a reason posted why Pemuda is banned. So far i have not seen any... unless someone post me a link of that "Notice" of ban.

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I knew it as soon as I pressed SUBMIT. Yes, "rarely" is a better word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.