Gosen Ryoga Tenbu

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by groovyshot, Apr 26, 2010.

1. izzi-carbonex

izzi-carbonex Regular Member

IT Product Engineer
    strada, RM799 is the standard price stated at the racket grip, for sure it can go lower than that if u bargain with them. Normally, racket shop can give you 25-30% discount at most, which means it can go lower to RM550. You may try in one of racket shop in Old Uptown PJ beside The Ship, cant remember the shop name though, but they carry lot & lot of Gosen products!!

Just like u, my preferred choice would be Ryoga Issen which come with metallic red color and cool samurai theme design. Very pretty & very impressive indeed !!! From their 2010 catalog, Ryoga Issen is a bit less stiff but head-heavy balance compared to Ryoga Tenbu which is more stiff and towards middle balance.

Having said that, there is still doubt on both rackets specs which varies from the catalog and from the website. We are not sure on the accuracy of information, and it is very less information if you searching in internet. I hope any Gosen spoke person out there should be more aggresive and give a more clear picture on these 2 rackets. It is a shame with all technology they put in and they just keep it in that way. One more thing, if not mistaken the rackets is not Made in Japan, but Made from China...please clarify !!

That RM550 might sound expensive but Gosen Aermet series itself will cost you nearly RM300, so if for me, i can always delay the purchasing..tight up our belt before go all out for these 2 high-end products.

:)

#21 izzi-carbonex, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Out of all Gosen racket line, only the Issen and Tenbu are made in Japan thus the high price tag and G6 grip. The rest are from China. If anyone are willing to fork out that amount of cash, these two models are highly preferred than YY.

3. strada

strada Regular Member

undergraduate student
    yup..that is so true. the sifu gives me 30% off for the ryoga issen so the racket will cost me around 560..but i still think that is too expensive. i guess it would be better for me to improve my skills first..otherwise using such a hi end racket will not make much difference for my gameplay..a.k.a just a waste of money...

4. strada

strada Regular Member

undergraduate student
    but anyway..i think those advance players who can make full use of the the racket will really benefit from it..and it worth every penny.. the sifu from that badminton shop who tried that racket seems to like it very much...

5. izzi-carbonex

IT Product Engineer
    ..mmm..very2 difficult to find review on these 2 rackets. Can somebody out there give us some direction?

:)

6. asurada

asurada Regular Member

actually, only M40 shafts are MIJ. the rest are assembled in china still.

7. ooisocksiang

ooisocksiang Regular Member

QA
    Tenbu - Issen

Got both Ryoga series.

Tenbu is a much balanced racket. Great maneuverability and easy to use.

Also got the Issen to get more power - a head heavy one but still not used to it yet.

Both racket feel great as the shaft are stiff and extra stiff respectively. Best part is the vibration dampening - is superb and the frames do not sink in like Yonex's racket.

Tenbu and Issen are my first Gosens.

8. izzi-carbonex

IT Product Engineer
    ..wow, u must got a good discount to buy both at one go !! Can u elaborate more especially comparing with Yonex racket? Is it worth to spend that much amount for these 2 rackets? How stiff it is compare to let say Arc 10 or Nanospeed 9900 or Armotech 900 Power??? Tks.

9. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    anyone try roots gavun series?
    was gosen brand reliable compare to apacs and victor ?
    i tot gosen is dropping to rank 5 now since not much news from them and seldom sponsor any top player nowsday therefore not much invest in their RnD for racket development...

10. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

I got the Issen. The balance point is @292cm. I did not weight it myself, but the specs on the shaft says 88 grams. It has short handle and long shaft. It is a medium stiff racket. The closest Yonex comparison is an Arc10. Issen is a tad head heavy while Arc10 feels a little bit stiffer with longer handle. Quality-wise, it is a good quality racket with strong frame, I put 26lbs on it. The racket is one of the prettiest racket around. Paintwork quality could be better, it is still good tough as mine have a few imperfection marks on it.
    I have been using it for a couple of weeks and quite happy with it. It has good power, manouvering and defence are also good.
    It is my #2 racket at the moment when I get bored with my SW35.

11. breaL

breaL Regular Member

Is this really better than YY cuz im seriously thinking of getting the tenbu...

12. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Only 40 sets in Malaysia & I'm going to be one of the owners:rolleyes: At RM550-RM600 could u get a new pro-use yy? let say, an AT900P or At900T, an ARC10 or ARCZs or maybe NS9900? doubt it...:(

13. izzi-carbonex

IT Product Engineer
    izwanj, r u sure only 40 pieces available in Msia, wow i must get it by this week !!! Any takers for my new Arcsaber 5??..hurry hurry..the boat will not wait us :)

14. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    That is what I've been told. I went to 2 shops and both taukes were telling me the same thing. I even asked if in case somebody bought it b4 I do, could they order 4 me a new one? both of them say not a chance!!!:eek:

If I missed this racket, might consider a victor BS10 or SW35... BUT, I'll make sure I will not!!!:D

15. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Selling my NS8000 hahahaha... still nego with a friend...

16. izzi-carbonex

IT Product Engineer
    izwanj, we got no time to nego, but i'm very reluctant to let go my Arcsaber 5..but where can i find that RM550???..quite pricey..cannot just close one eye !!

17. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Went to Plaza PKNS Shah Alam and metropoint kajang...

18. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    can get 25%-30% discount on all racket

19. ooisocksiang

ooisocksiang Regular Member

QA
    hihi...

that's a trade secret. hahahaah....contact me if you are interested in issen too :)

20. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    i am interested in gosen 4900 as i looking for the flex shaft..what you comment? any good place to buy as i from penang..