Lin Dan Should Be The Best Bet For MS

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by smashwide, Jul 14, 2010.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

My friend, I think you suffered some memory lapse here. After all the mess you have created in the professional player forum, you have now decided to blame it all on LCW's fans? Please don't sound as if LCW's fans started this alright? Let's do some catch up on what you said earlier:

1. In your previous post, you mentioned LCW's name at least twice. Naturally, everyone would assume that you were trying to compare LCW with Lin Dan. So how is it us that dragged LCW into the discussion when you are the one who started it?

2. You said that you did not directly say that LCW cannot win. Sure, you did not explicitly say LCW cannot win this but let's take a look at the original post. In your OP, you mentioned that Lin Dan is just too good(right after LCW's name) & LCW couldn't even score 20 in total of 2 sets, so was it too much for us to assume that you are implying that LCW cannot win this match? If we misunderstood what you said, can you explained to us that what exactly were you trying to say if not implying that LCW cannot win this?

3. On you last point on your indonesian fans not participating in the discussion. First of all, you posts were comparing LCW and LD. Naturally, it's gonna attract more LCW's fans into the discussion(since you mentioned no one else except LCW, why would the Indonesian members get involve in this?). And you go on by comparing and saying that Lin Dan is just simply superior to LCW(see point 2). Not to mentioned that as you started this thread, you went to LCW's thread and publicly denouced that LCW isn't(or doesn't deserve) the real no 1 rank because he lost to Lin Dan too many times. Logically, everyone would take it that you were targeting LCW and trying to run him down. So, was it out of the blue that LCW's fans responded this way in your thread? Probably you can't see it yourself, but tell you what, all we know is, you started your account in this forum- went straight to Malaysian proffesional forum- and persistently picking on LCW(at least 20 posts on your first day were about LCW is not good enough cause he can't beat Lin Dan, that sort of thing).
    So tell me if the LCW's fans were over-reacting here like what you accused? Please do not twist your argument and make it sound like LCW's fans started it, thank you for your cooperation.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am not taking sides but Icleing, I think you are right. Well said.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Well said lceling.

4. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    lol 大吉利是 LCW dar gar bor (cantonese)

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Because LCW is supposed 2nd best after LD, and INA members did not post in LCW thread abt LD's WC chances, about how great LD is, but LD fans did(yourself included), in more than 2 LCW threads ;);).
    It should be obvious what I am trying to imply.

Please also take note that you mentioned LCW in your post #1 of this thread

#45 eaglehelang, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  6. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    if you were to ask the older generations who used to watch the old-scoring system they could tell you who is the best because LCW has iron defence and he plays safe or should i say he fixes his matches.

Never knew if you ever heard of fixing matches in soccer but there is in badminton, people gamble for anything to make a profit out of it.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Shhh, dont say so loud, yeah, heard rumors on this long time ago. Wait the original poster complain it's off topic:p

8. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    lol i'm glad your not some 无知 dumb ass like peeps who reckon LD is the best because he always win

9. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody

Thanks for taking me as your friend. Let me explain in simple way. No prejudice ok.

1) Lin Dan last international game is against Taufik, PSH and LeeCW. From the 3, his most likely opponent for World Champion is LeeCW. That's why I mentioned LeeCW as an example. I can mention Sony, Peter Gade but I didnt. Thats the reason LeeCW fan react.

2) Yes, I did mentioned that LeeCW lost to Lin Dan in Thomas Cup. Maybe most take it as I am looking down on LeeCW. But I mentioned straight away that it shows how good Lin Dan is. The point is to inform how good is Lin Dan and his ability. I used an example that most of you does not like it. I can take that.

3) I started my account and went to a few threads not only Lin Dan and LeeCW thread (thanks for checking on me). I wrote in Lin Dan thread, LeeCW thread and started this thread. I just voice out my point and many comments come in and I re-stressed my same old point, and my post count hit 20 posts. So is a two way flow that my post hit 20. There are many possible winner for the MS. I picked Lin Dan. About LeeCW rank WR1, this is a separate issue and I do not want to talk here.

I am not blaming LeeCW fans, I just hoped LeeCW fans don't over react. You can give your point on LeeCW chances. Why not. Indonesia fans can voice their opinions here as well. Anyway I will talk less on LeeCW to settle the thing off.....Peace...

10. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody
    You do not need to take side. Just follow your feeling.

11. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody

OK, less will be mentioned on LeeCW..peace

12. dennisvanbekkum

dennisvanbekkum Regular Member

badminton player
    dicky palyama??

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    well said and we should upgrade you to bc intelligence head

your explanation couldn't have been any better;)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..smashwide, don't worry about members who have a different take than your views..let them expressed theirs and you keep firm to yours..as long as you keep the discussion civil and on topic..:cool:

15. undeadshot

I think we scared him away already :p
    Well, the answer to this thread is YES, so CLOSE it please.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Should wait until the end of WC or if Lin Dan fails along the way.

17. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    there is no question most bcers will agree to lin dan should be the best bet for ms

when it is just an expression of bet without anything serious.

however, if there is real bet involving money, lots of money,

i think the title of the thread will not be the same

18. undeadshot

I do feel a bit annoyed when a thread pops out in my face pointing facts despite almost everyone knowing it.
    e.g.
    Lee Chong Wei lost to Lin Dan in the Thomas Cup!

or

Lin Dan is the BESTBESTBEST!!!!

and so on.

19. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    you don't need to be an Octopus named Paul to bet on Lin Dan. His track record is so outrageous you'd be foolish betting againts him. So to open a thread with such a title clearly indicates a talent for stating the obvious.

Me, I like surprises. And the best surprise some one could give me is letting me know if Paulie pulls out a ping pong ball that says either 'deep fried' or 'broiled' !

20. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Chill, my friend. I thought you are supposed to be happy as your favourite pair had just won their local tourney!

Anyway, just let them be and let the mods decide whether threads like this are redundant.

All I ask of our favourite players is to perform to their 100%(or even 110%) in the coming WC. Of course, winning the title is a bonus. If luck weren't on their side, they are still able to leave the spirit and good badminton behind, which is what we want to watch!

Keep the faith and don't let those predictions that float around affect you!