Let's predict :)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by Thom_bad, Mar 24, 2010.

1. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    yep - that's true, and there was also a period (not very short:eek:) Taufik disappointed me and lots of badminton fans a lot. But that has obviously changed, and the optimism is based on the progress he had shown last couple of month. if he is at his best and on fire, the surprise may happen:cool:
    - ha- and that will be nice for all badminton fans:rolleyes: , but anyway, IMO he's the only one who can stop LD (sorry for Boleh fans, but LCW will probably not:eek:), and that has to be done for many reasons:D

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    China has a good draw...I do not see any reason why LYB needs to complain about....draw is a draw..I see INA and MAS did not have a good draw especially meeting fellowmate in 2nd round...most of CHN players are seeded and they may meet their fellows in quarter except BCL...

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Sorry to burst your bubble. If you look at LYB's interview, it said different thing:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-08-11/07475144363.shtml

I will translate the juicy part for you:

LYB thinks CHina will gain 3 gold, they will only have difficulties in XD and MD.

When the journalist asked him about how's Lin dan is doing at the moment and who is his biggest stumbling block. This is what he said:

Lin Dan is a very special player who worth the appreciation of many...His talent, hardworking characteristic and his hunger for glory and his desire to surpass himself; those are the characteristis that made him a precious and invaluble player. At the moment, Lin Dan's biggest enemy is himself. The overall strength of Gade, Taufik and Lee chong Wei are NOT enough to be a threat to Lin Dan. Those 3 can merely be considered as Lin Dan's ''opponents''.

Journalist: What's Lin Dan's chance of winning the championship?
    LYB: Lin Dan is the type of player who can definitely win whenever he wants something. It all comes down to his motivation(sounds familiar?) and how many percent he is willing to give in. His form is not bad lately and he is very serious in training. Therefore his performance won't fluctuate as much. Thus, it all depends on his desire. I think he will try to create and rewrite the history so that none of the upcomers can ever match up to his record. Thus, I believe Lin Dan will give his all. He is much more mature than he was and will treasure his remaining career as a sportman.

***********************************************************************************************
    Can Taufik prove him wrong? Hope so.

I have yet to see anything that pleases LYB(except his own CHN squad). Does it surprised you when he said he dislike the draw? He was mostly upset by the draw where BCL is going to meet LD at the third round just like last year(that's assuming his men can pass through the third round, We all know what happened last year).

#123 lcleing, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    this is funny
    just like how he said uber is in his cupboard
    lol

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..from the article, imo, this is all typical pre-WC talks and posturing by LYB (may sound cocky but i think he speaks frankly)..Although, imo, not quite the same declaration as in the 2010 UC where he guaranteed for sure his UC squad will bring the Cup home..

And once again, LYB hits it on the nail on the key for LD winning it all : LD's desire (motivation) on top of his readiness..

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Icleing,
    Unless TH can improve his speed (1-2 steps too slow) and stamina (not tire out after giving his all in the first set), TH would not win. I like TH but I think his time has passed and he is no longer the TH in WC05 where he played with confidence and with all cylinders firing perfectly. It almost has to be LCW plays poorly and TH plays top form for TH to win, but let's see if TH can first get past young Tago, even the match against Yu is not easy. If you look at LD played in the last outing i.e. TC, when LD was on top form, there is really noone to threaten him. LCW, IMHO, may be the one person who can really challenge LD, and it depends on how LCW will respond if LD plays as he did in OLY08 and TC10, and IF the Thing is there guiding him. But I don't think the Thing will be there this time so it may be interesting.

7. lee-lee

lee-lee Regular Member

Doctor
    Wow, you're calling UC a fluke? Korean girls clearly showed their fighting spirit and played BETTER than chinese girls in those games. Don't discredit them. =(

Okay, didn't see his comment until I replied to the first one. Yes, it was a huge upset and that's why nothing in sports is guaranteed. WR#1 doesn't mean he or she cannot be beaten at all times. I literally had a heart attack when you said UC was a fluke. Korean girls fought HARD and deserved to win at UC this year.

Does anybody know what happened to ZB? why was he kicked out? im kinda curious.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

ZB was "fired" from the national squad, because he was late back to the China camp, on more than one occasion, and therefore broke a curfew. I think he also argued with the coaches, correct me if I am wrong.:)

I don't think he was fired though, more like suspended, to give him time to reflect on what he did. Rules are rules at the end of the day, and when your in the strongest badminton squad in the world, where places are highly fought over, you can't afford to behave like that. However I am sure LYB will forgive him, if he wins the WC in Paris.;)

9. lee-lee

lee-lee Regular Member

Doctor
    Thanks for answering my question, LDrules! =)

10. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    There are so many talents within the national league that no one is indispensable . China could put out a "A'' and "B" squad ,which wither could win a few gold medals at the WC.

11. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    You all missed one them that has the chance to fail LD for his consective crowns.
    It's Sony DWI KUNCORO. He has the capability to give LD some troubles. remember last year WC he forced LD to play rubber game with an incredible performance, and he did it just after his marriege and leave Pelatnas (i thougt it just a month before WC). he has one SS tittle already this year, beat LCW on the way, so I think SDK has the chance for the WC tittle.

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I pick Simon Santoso as the dark horse... as I always admire his games... go go Simon...

13. uiuiuiui

uiuiuiui Regular Member

i'll choose sony and LCW in final
    btw, when PAW will be started?
    i can't wait any longer :D :D

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Wow, that's a really, really bold prediction. Both of them does not have high chances to go into the final. Sony with Simon, Peter and Boonsak around and LCW with LD and JOJ around.

15. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    hmm? the point is: who is going to break the great wall:confused: and as mentioned before - that has to be done, just for badminton -staying away from the tour and keep on disappointing badminton fans all over the world - that simply needs some punishment:eek: - and if that really (and hopefully) happens - that might change the chinese view (no need to teach me that this would be a surprise - but a positive surprise is always welcome:cool:) - so who are the players we can trust on this mission:confused:
    XD: double Lee, Nadiezda+Robert, Kamilla and Thomas - ha, don't forget Nath + Jenny, the INA pairs - should be ok,
    MD: LYD/JJS, BM/MC KKT/TBH - hmm, hope Kidawan will not stay away, what a mess in INA: organization:mad: - should be possible to beat the CN pair!
    WS: all hopes on Saina, but now it's time for her!
    WD: full hope on Taipeh girls and the Koreans - that it is possible - we all have seen :rolleyes:
    what is left? the only hard part of the mission: MS - hah
    LCW - no hope after what we all have seen in Malaysia this year, even worse than what happend in Beijing at Olympics - sorry for MAS fans, keep on praying, but better save your nerves and forget about him, Uncle Wong would do much better:eek:!
    So - it could be Sony, or Peter - or Taufik. Nothing to repeat. I've seen some words like 'Taufik's too old' - he guys, even a lady got OG in her 30th! Peter's still on top! ok ok. It would be big surprise, but unfortunately Taufik's still the only one having the skills and strategies which can stop LD if he plays on his normal level. It has to be a mix of skills, strategy and mental strength, something that applies to Peter and Taufik. Anyway, we gonna see what will happen. :confused:
    Let's stand together and cheer everybody who's fighting for the mission:cool:

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Kuwichert, may I stand beside you?

17. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    yeah, you're very welcome:cool: and I do hope many gonna join us:eek:

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I will stand beside kuwichert too. The target is to deny China 3 WCs, mission impossible, hahaha!

19. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    wow- the list of supporters gets longer and longer :rolleyes: time to open a new thread 'the mission' :confused:
    another dream would come true if some fair sportsmen from the CN supporters, in particular some of the LD fans, would join that list too:eek: for the sake of badminton as the sports we love it would be politically correct:D

20. majyun

majyun Regular Member

In your dream;):p:p, just like how you hope TH can match up to LD. You should listen to LYB sometimes, overall strength is just not there:p!Ah ha;). However, if TH(assuming he get passed others) were to play with LCW, I think he still has a little bit of chance of getting pass LCW.

Anyway, good luck in trying to deny 3 golds from us:rolleyes::rolleyes:.