Let's predict :)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by Thom_bad, Mar 24, 2010.

1. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    so what now?:confused: You are the first brave supporter from CN supporting our idea in favour of badminton in general - buddy, welcome in our team!:cool: we gonna check out who you are supporting later on:D

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I take ah tan... err dan... but since he is out of picture. maybe could be one of the other top 8? Outsider got chance eg. sony, simon, boonsak are the dark horse. ;)

3. malings

malings Regular Member

businessman
    Peng/Goh will destroy lee/lee and nova/lili easily!

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Forget about TH winning WC10, if TH doesn't die off in 3rd set against LD or LCW, that alone is a feat. Really, TH is no longer TH in WC05.
    3 golds to CHN and if CHN win XD, make that 4 and I won't bet against that either. MD, no clear fav, open warfare for everyone, who hits top form has the golden chance on game day.

5. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Well OTB, I didn't say TH will win. I am just tagging along with kuwichert :). You know, I have already dived deep enough to reveal the ''reality''(or at least that's what LYB believed is) and took the trouble to translate to him. But if he chose not to belive it, it's his choice. Can do nothing about it.

Let's go OTB, place more money on LD. You can earn a bucket load out of this tournament. :D:D;)

Anyway, the Thing will be there according to one of the article from China Press.

6. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    I'd like to see how the CHN girls perform in this championship. have they recover form their last UC upset or not.

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Of course you did not say TH will win...to do so would be brave or foolish, as good as TH was in the past, TH has not won a SS lately, so WC10, with such a tough draw, TH chance is slim...but in life nothing is quaranteed other than death and you will pay tax, who knows who will win? Maybe LCW and LD and CJ all got KO early and TH goes to play old man Gade where TH may have 50-50 chance of winning.
    Now, if we are betting on one single player in WC10, who would you really pick?...to pick with my heart, I say LCW...to pick with my brain and wallet, I pick LD. There you go...but nothing is certain, like they say until the fat lady sings......:D

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    The CHN girls have a better chance of winning WS than any other team...I say WX and WSX will meet in the SF, and the winner will takes the gold, my prediction WX.

9. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Pick with my heart INA ..realisticly and logicly, i have to pick LD too

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    That is fair and totally acceptable as fans are free to be partisan to his/her country of residence or in my case, my country of origin or for whatever reason, it is a free world of choice. As long as LD continues to play the way he plays, that is difficult to beat and if what Iceling said The Thing would be in WC10, that adds another dimension to LD game and you can see the significance LYB and LD rate the importance of WC gold medal than some SS to bring the Thing to Paris. Unlike someone said LD is out of training, I can picture LD training hard aiming for this WC, just like LD did in OLY08. It would not be the LD in EAG, unfortunately.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Make that: TH has not won a SS ever..the only 4 Heavenly Badminton King who is still SS-title-less..
    - Make that also : TH's chances are slim and none..

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Hmmmm....are you sure?

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Based on records, LD is the favourite. So who do you support? Are you standing with us (kuwichert & gang) or the opposite side?

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    everybody has a chance in this coming wc

especially the top 5 players in the world to win a medal

and unless beaten in court only then

he or she has no chance, zero, none

ld of course is the hot hot favorite

for prediction i will take lcw and peter in final

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Hahaha!!:D I thought BC forum is a site where baddy fans can communicate and share a common interest in badminton, hopefully discuss in a civil and respectful way. There is no sides to pick. I was born in Malaysia, now living in Canada, of course I support my fellow country men and women. LCW has a better chance to win than say a CJ, TH or PG and every other MS player, in fact, LCW has a better chance to get gold for MAS than any other player in the MAS team, doubles included. Everyone that is except LD. If my prediction happens to be on your side, that is sheer coincidence, so I predict LD wins his 4th gold and CHN will take at least 3 golds, so which side am I on? I couldn't care less;)

16. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Yep - completely agree with you, we can stop the useless discussion of 'who's the favourite', we all know him, and we also all know the limited chances of his opponents, there's nothing to teach us:cool:. We have to come to the point: Where is simply a mission we have to stand for! :eek:
    That's it, and that's simply in favour of badminton as sports :cool:- there is nothing to discuss, just let's go for the goal :rolleyes: and everybody who loves the thrill of exiting badminton matches should join that mission, and it doesn't matter whether he or she is a fan of LD or not:D

17. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    if there is a match of 2 players and a remis is not possible - there is always one to pick:eek:
    we all here in the forum share the passion of badminton - no need to mention - so our main goal is to get the best players to the tournaments and get the thrills we love so much as often as possible:cool: - so there are lotta reasons to start that mission -
    sometimes the choice of the private hero doesn't match with the choice for the matter - buddy, that's life!:D - nothing new
    anyway, since you wanna see LCW on top at the end, I consider that as you gonna join us cheering all oponents of LD - starting right from the beginning with cheering Ali Shahhosseini (and icnluding BCL if needed:eek:)- yep - we have to cheer the underdogs anyway LOL:D
    So, welcome to the team :rolleyes:

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

lets have a look of the draws to see if really everybody has a chance, shall we.

MS - World ranking of 122 from Nigeria
    WS - World ranking of 91 from Mauritius
    MD - Unranked from France, 94 from South Africa
    WD - World ranking of 112 fro Finland
    XD - Unranked from France, 109 from South Africa.

well, they are there for the experince and might become better players after that. but ZERO chance of getting the gold medals. as about 90% of them in the draw, just to made up the number with NO chance for winning. how's that for a reality check?

the 5 golds will go to the top 4 seeds, may be 1 or 2 form the top 8 and definitely none outside the top 8. that's my predictions.

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    my friend, chances of the world top 5 and predictions of players are 2 different things

who in the world would think of kenichi tago in the all england final 2010?

compare tago and the top 5 on chances of winning a medal, he has the slimmest chance

compare tago and the top 5 on predictions to the final, i think you know the answer

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Uncle OTB, you are so indecisive:). We all know who is the overwhelming favourite. We only want your support (saw in your previous post that your heart is with Chong Wei). Could you for once go with your emotions and support him or other players. Please note that there are no intentions to create sides.

Good response to Uncle OTB.
    But hitherto, his pick is LD.