LCW lost at Quarter Final again...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by murfice, Aug 27, 2010.

1. jackson_loh

jackson_loh Regular Member

none
    Feel sad for MAS

Im so sad for datuk lose..
    Now hope KKK/TBH..!!

Malaysia Boleh..!!

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    could be heat stroke but its affecting all players

anyway if he is well trained, that won't be a problem, will it?

score was scary and i think the first time ever such a score for lin dan

back to lcw, the 3rd set also very far away

and taufik took something like 9 points

while lcw could not even took 1 point!

sure need some professional explanations here

3. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

for people said that LCW didnt played in a top form or getting injured shoul re run the video again, i think LCW played as usual but the barrier is the mental strenght,besides TH played damn good today. When LCW tried to change the pace at 3rd, amazingly TH could managed it.

TH played his best today, i think he played best game at 1st game, even better than at his best during 2004 -2005,he is so sharp, so no wonder if TH outplay LCW today, just accept it as the part of the game. when losing from LCW at 2009 IO, TH said that we sometime at the top and sometimes at the bottom

Go Taufik, u ll be always the most entertaining player, go get ur crown now

4. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

pls use a bit more brains. to go into final and lose in all-China final will further make the BWF embarassed and not good for the sport internationally.
    chen jin is judged to be capable of winning based on the demise of datuk lee in the hands of taufik.

it will be chen jin vs. taufik in the final. and of course, chen jin will win. ;)

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I am just disappointed and sad for LCW lost ....again, for not able to make a breakthru in WC, for still cant get over with the WC QF mental block and for didnt managed to make used of this golden oppotunity to win WC after LD lost in QF like he did in AE10.....Sigh .....

I dont angry with LCW because I know he is the most displined, hard working and dedicated player in Mas.

So, just hope LCW will get up after this WC10, and go out there to kick more ass in coming tournaments........Go LCW..Boleh !

6. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

here we go again [roll-eyes]...boleh attitude never dies.
    before tournament
    - this time is the time. preparations are good, win for malaysian ppl.
    during tournament
    - beat a few ppl, maybe one seeded player, hopes get high
    - immediately lose the next match
    after tournament
    - give excuses, not prepared-lar, this-lar, that-lar
    - nvm, still got many tournaments left.
    - will win de next one.
    - spend more money n train in overseas.

malang-sial boleh!!!

7. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

AE10 was different. In AE10, Lin Dan lost before LCW played, and that may have relieved him. This time LCW played before Lin Dan lost, he couldn't have known that it was a "golden opportunity".

8. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    yes, he does so, but he was working hard for that, especially on stamina issues he realized early this year, now it pays off.
    beside he simply has all the skills needed to play tactical stuff too, together with mental abilities - we've seen the result. Great for badminton! That's simply what spectators wanna see, anything else does not promote that phantastic sport in the same way, we need him as badminton ambassador:cool:

9. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    what ever they gonna tell you, the truth is that the thing told him before match started 'no chance tomorrow' :eek:- so he did not want to leave Paris disgraced and gave it away today already with keeping open some spectations - as you can see, that discussion has started already, they simply can not accept that LD is not god:D ups, double post, sorry, no need to tell you twice

10. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    what ever they gonna tell you, the truth is that the thing told him before match started 'no chance tomorrow' :eek:- so he did not want to leave Paris disgraced and gave it away today already with keeping open some spectations - as you can see, that discussion has started already, they simply can not accept that LD is not god:D

11. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

I think Taufik played a very smart game.
    The delay tactics in the 3rd set and keeping the points short works well for him.

LCW tempo was off when Taufik starts to delay his serve and all the unforced errors start to come in.

12. indra

indra Regular Member

The key to Taufik's victory last night was he managed to maintain his style of play. Taufik avoided playing fast, he slowed down the rhytm of the match by placing the birdy in front of the net and playing rallies. LCW made lots of unforced errors for not being patient.

Mentally, Taufik's mental stamina seemed to be better last night. He seemed to have nothing to lose. LCW seemed to be "overburdened". The public in Indonesia understand that TH is still the best and are expecting him to win the championship, however, if he loses, we understand.

I guess TH is now back and much more confident. With LD out of the competition, the path to the champion podium is wide open for Taufik. PSW is Taufik's ideal opponent to make Taufik's dream to grab the world title for the second time.

I am feeling that Taufik will win the world championship this year.

:):):):)

13. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    just saw the replay of the match in astro. no sign of back injury. commentators said the nerve got to LCW and he made a lot of errors in the closing of the decider.
    TH played really well and also luck of the net cord as well and the delaying tactics. at 8-10 LCW did two round the head smarches. no way a person could arch his back that way with an injury.

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

agree what u said.
    unfortunately it was LCW himself said that his defeat was due to his injury...
    this excuse is not fair to TH, sounds like to discredit his effort.

not like CSC, u could see her feet bleeding but still fighting, and no excuse after losing...

#54 Jonc108, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  15. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Yeah, LCW did not look like he was injured at all. 1st game was all Taufik's control at the net play, forcing LCW to lift (some weak lifts) allowing Taufik to kill the bird. 2nd game it was LCW's pace, 3rd game was very close. It was anyone's game at 12 all, however LCW started to make some mistakes and felt a bit pressured. Taufik used this to advantage and was trying to delay as much as he can. At 15-12, LCW knowing he was down 3 points in the 3rd set, being seeded 1st, knowing that he needs to stand up for his country, put him through a lot of pressure which was shown in the next few points. Taufik then got lucky and hit the net twice and at 19-12, it was over for LCW as he lost mentally. It was a great match played by both sides though.

16. LeeCW

LeeCW Regular Member

Engineer
    aiyah....Dato not feeling well mah... sigh....cant carry his own bag, even during 11points interval!!

WELLdoneTH!!

17. direstraits

direstraits Regular Member

Professional Whiner
    I agree with this. Taufik was very conspicuous in his change of tactics when he was behind in the third game before the break.

I really really like Taufik, and hope he wins. Anyone really, except Chen Jin. :) I can't stand his style of play. :)

I too agree with this. LCW should learn to accept defeat with more grace. It may be that it's unthinkable on his end to concede defeat because of the incredible burden of carrying the expectations of the whole country, but still - TH is supposed to be a friend. Geez.

I hope he doesn't make this a habit, ala Roger 'I-lost-because-my-forehand-shots-weren't-working-not-because-my-opponent-whipped-my-ass' Federer.

18. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yup. My point of view:
    At first game, TH played as sharp as he can be to steal first set.
    At 2nd set, LCW wake up, and TH realized that he weren't able to match LCW. So his effort to steal first game hardly was right.
    At 3rd set, TH realized that he cannot applied 1st set strategy, and tried to slow down the game, strengthen his defense, by the time TH level score to 10-10, LCW nerves was exposed, and there go the result.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

and the debate still goes on!:D

20. 241n00b

241n00b Regular Member

choked once again