ArcSaber 8 DX

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bad_fanatic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

yes i think it is possible. borrow a more user-friendly racket (i.e. more flexible shaft) from a friend and see how you go with it. the Arc8DX is quite stiff.

2. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

should I go for the Arc7 or Armortec 600? For my 8DX I played with a Sotx 9 but I couldn't find a new one

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

if you can borrow either of those racket to try out, then i suggest you do so first before purchasing. i've used the Arc7 in the past and absolutely loved the control it gave, however it lacks in power. i'm about to try the AT600.

4. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Ok thanks. I hope I will find somebody to test them

5. hazahazdy

hazahazdy Regular Member

hi mr paul. what kind of string n tension would you recommend for this arc8dx? tq

6. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    If I may...I've used the Arc8DX since it came on the scene. I've tried it with BG80, BG85, NBG98, LiNing101N and LiNing62, and found the LiNing62 the most enjoyable because of the thinness of the string(0.62mm). I've always maintained the tension @26/28#s. Amazingly the thin string lasts as long as 20 hours. Tried upping the tension(2 times) to 26.5/28.5 and it lasted about 2-4 hours, both times. Just my 2 cents :)

7. hazahazdy

hazahazdy Regular Member

thx bro. planning to get arc8dx as a back up to my ns9900 soon.

8. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

How's the 8DX stiffness compared to NS9900? Arc8DX is rated as extra-stiff, and yet, it is less stiff than Z-Slash (stiff) according to yonex spec chart...confuse...

9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    First of all Welcome :)

This type of injury probably comes from the stiffness of the racquet, since Arc8DX is ranked as "very stiff" which is the max...
    It also can come from the balance, as Arc8dx is head heavy you have to force your arm to play..
    Now if you can, buy a racquet a bit more flexy, and even balanced- or head light.
    Arc7 is good, even balanced and not too stiff..

If you prefer keeping you Arc8dx, low the tension of the string and overall go to the doctor if it hurts you :(:(

Once again enjoy the forums ;)

10. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Loosening the tension about 2 #s usually helps. Next is trying to hit the bird slightly in front NOT @ your side...puts less stress on your elbow. Saw that on a tennis clip, and that helped me with my tennis elbow.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Any bros can advise ARCSABER 8DX racket vs
    ARCSABER 10, which one is better in terms of smashing , and can it go above 25 tension.

12. pipzsminton

pipzsminton Regular Member

Floor Manager
    Depends! Some ppl say 8dx some ppl say arc10. I had both and i think arc10 is good for smashing and 8dx has a good control anywhere in the court. For tension wise it depends to on individual. I am using 25lbs for both. If u have strong hand, increase ur tension then!

13. bai_bay

bai_bay Regular Member

Hi,
    Say, you play aggressively, you know how it is from the back court raining smashes, answering deep drives and smashes on mid court and kills loose shuttle above the net. You want a racquet that gives you that smash without the recoil and at same play that quick response while attacking near the net.

Here's my conflict, I used to have a Yonex Ti-10 3rd Gen and I've already broken it. I've been longing to buy one of the very few Yonex Ti-10 2nd Gens (the yellow). Brand new and are all genuinely authentic. Because this particular store is known for selling camping and gym equipments. Probably nobody knows they have them. And recently this Yonex Arc8DX came along.

I didn't know what Arc8DX was when I borrowed it from another player. I just thought it was another Yonex "spin-off" like what they did with the AT series. With my suprise, this Arc8DX was exactly doing what I wanted it to do. I could smash, no sweat, everytime the shuttle lobes over my head, sharp crosscourts, drops, corning the works! This racquet is UNBELIEVABLE!!!CRAZY EVEN!!!

Can somebody here tell me would it be regrettable just to forget about the 2nd Gen Ti-10's, everyone here knows these baby's are resilient and quite legendary, and move on with the Arc8DX?

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

bai_bay, if it works well for you, what's the value in the name? I wouldn't care if the Ti-10 gives TBH a better smash, or if the AT700G1 is the most popular. If the Arc8 works better for you, the Arc8 is the racket for you.

15. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Hi,

Thanks for the info but I find that the Arc8dx doesn't feel head heavy. Before I played with a Sotx Woven 9A

My tension is only 20 lbs so I don't think it comes from this. Now I don't have pain anymore only a bit in my elbow.

16. bai_bay

bai_bay Regular Member

Well TBH broke the smash record with the Z-Slash as FHF is still having a hard time with his N50.
    I started competing with a Ti-7 Light and long for Ti-10 back when I couldn't afford one. I only tried Arc 8dx once and I seem to see its noticeably new and kinda expensive for now. Since I've not been trying to win a game seriously these past couple of months, thank you so much BSW08 and a little from SW35 for holding me back, I went with the Ti-10 for comfort's sake. But I intend to get a Arc8dx soon next year. :)

17. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad

Probably you will be flames for the smash record comment. :D

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Haha... probably... here's some WC2010 facts. In WC2010, FHF is constantly hitting smashes in the 290's with his N50 and TBH went back to his trusty Ti10. TBH barely managed a 280. As a matter of observation, even after setting his smash record for Yonex Marketing, TBH never used the ArcZ but continued with then his NS9900 and finally back to Ti10.

Personally, it's still whatever works best for you.

19. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Gotten 1 8DX, trying out this Tue. I already has a NS9900 but eager to try new one after Wilson BLX Wave disappoint me (not my type). Posting my review coming week :)

What is the string recommended?

20. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    IMO, it performs best with BG85.