Was Chen Jin cheating?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by bogensaebel, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    exactly, sick people got some sick topic to talk about.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

If CJ was cheating, the umpire and SJ would have noticed it..

..oh my..another accusation even after Taufik made a request (or requests) to the umpire and service judge to check the shuttles and they found no evidence tampering..

Anyway, i haven't watched the match yet, but from just looking at the scoreboard, it tells the story right there: Taufik never led or even tied the score after 0-0 (trailing as many as 8 pts in both games).

Bottom line and what does this mean? It means Taufik was fortunate he didn't meet any CHN players before the Final cos his true level of play has been shown. And no, i don't think he lacked the motivation. Simply and most likely, his level of play is not the same as the CHN players and most likely fitness/stamina took a toll out of him.

#22 ctjcad, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  3. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Words of wisdom !! thank you for clearing the subject , I hate it when some member on here make things personal and start questioning their ethnicity and trying to make us feel the guilt

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if the umpire and service judge didn't find any tampering with the shuttles, does that mean they were also cheating??..:confused::eek:

Next time, Tauifk should just play with a plastic shuttle against any of the CHN players in order to avoid any further suspicion of shuttles being tampered..:rolleyes::cool:

5. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

LOL chen Jin bought them out LOL

if taufik is so sure that chen Jin cheated he should not have said," congrats to chen Jin, he played a better game," right?

As an old saying says, " if u want to put somebody down, why do u worry there are no acusions?"

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

No. i don't think chen jin was cheating..

7. teojb

teojb Regular Member

i think the service judge did talk to the umpire who then told chen jin that manipulation of the shuttle was not allowed. but to be fair to chen jin, he was the clear winner.

8. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    Taufik Santai, Chen Jin "Nyolot"

Taufik Hidayat tampil santai dalam konferensi pers usai kekalahannya menghadapi pemain China Chen Jin di final kejuaraan dunia di Paris, Minggu (29/8).Taufik yang merupakan juara dunia 2005, kalah dua game 13-21 15-21 menghadapi Chen Jin yang diunggulkan di tempat kedua. "Saya tidak merasakan tekanan apa pun," kata Taufik. "Bagi saya kalah atau menang saya tetap senang," katanya.
    Taufik memnag kalah strategi menghadapi Chen Jin. Pemain China ini mengaku sudah mempelajari permainan Taufik saat semifinal menghadapi pemain Korea, Park Sung Hwan. Ia mengetahui persis kelemahan fisik lawannya.
    Namun Chen Jin menolak saat dikatakan ia merupakan pemain pengganti pemain utama China, Lin Dan yang merupakan juara dunia tiga kali. "Saya bukan Lin Dan yang baru. Lin Dan adalah Lin Dan dan Chen Jin adalah Chen Jin," katanya.
    "Chen bermain lebih baik hari ini. Saya hanya ingin pulang dan bersiap untuk menghadapi Asian Games,"kata Taufik. "Saya memang tidak menargetkan juara dunia saat datang ke sini. Saya mempersiapkan diri menghadapi Asian Games yang berlangsung empat tahun sekali," lanjut Taufik.
    Taufik kemudian tersenyum, menyalami kembali Chen Jin dan kemudian pergi sambil berkata,"Sampai jumpa lagi di turnamen lain."

http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/2010/08/29/21273588/Taufik.Santai..Chen.Jin..quot.Nyolot.quot.

9. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Im so frustrated today.

Taufik Hidayat is my most favourite player in the world since 2 years ago.

Too bad he couldn't take advantage of his chance today. Truly a great player. Hope you win the Asian Games this year .

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pretty decent looking translation from google:

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Quick translation recap:
    - Taufik mentioned he didn't feel any pressure. "Whether i win or lose, i'm still happy".
    - CJ had the strategic upperhand as he studied Taufik's Semifinals match vs. PSH. He knew exactly the physical weakness of his opponent (TH).
    - CJ doesn't consider himself to be the new replacement for LD. "I'm not the new Lin Dan. Lin Dan is Lin Dan, Chen Jin is Chen Jin".
    - TH admitted CJ played better today.
    - TH re-confirmed his promise to prepare for the upcoming Asian Game. "I never targeted the WC when i came here. I'm preparing myself to compete in the Asian Games which is held every 4 yrs".
    - TH congratulated and shook CJ's hand before leaving and saying "See you again in the next tournament".
    - No mention at all abt the incident of TH asking the SJ and Umpire to check whether CJ was tampering with the shuttles.

12. redboxz

redboxz New Member

Did he really cheat?
    Slowing down the shuttlecock would also bring him disadvantages as CJ is a offensive player today. He needs smash to score
    Anyway, his smashes are full of power today, destructive and massive.

13. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    yes no mention about that incident... but the news title translation is "Taufik relax, Chen Jin arrogant" maybe coz CJ statement I am not a new Lin Dan. Lin Dan is Lin Dan and Chen Jin is Chen Jin,
    even INA media hate CJ ;)

14. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

This happened before, in last year WC, semi-final. The same empire, TH brought the issue up in the second set, I did not think empire was shocked.

I wonder why TH did not bring this up earlier. He surely suspected from the start. He chose to make a scene only when he saw no way back. Did not make sense to me.

I am sure CJ would have won on his own. Hope this title would give him the confidence to leave this bit behind him.

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Chen Ji is now new Lin Dan?!
    Don't talk sxxt la...

16. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

yeah, CJ did manipulate the shuttle. It happens at all levels of play, from my amateur one to the highest. By 'tipping' the shuttle, it biases the match in favour of the retriever.

I hate it when it happens to me. (Don't think its 'illegal' though, quite often a player will insist on tipping a shuttle before the game and i'll fume, because i'm a power player, not a retriever like CJ) maybe a bit 'unethical' tho. I don't allow it if they're my shuttles tho :p shuttles cost good money!

And it does make a difference. I have a friend who keeps bringing slow shuttles back from china. (I guess they play different in a hot moist climate than the freezing conditions of England!) He rallys me to death, I lose 22-20 22-20, but then I get my Yehlex tournaments out the next time and show him some pain 21-7, 21-14. :)

Chen Jin was the better player on the day. -- Interestingly, I know the All-England hall in Birmingham plays slow and the Yonex shuttles are intrinsically slow. And Taufik's not won there yet....!

17. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

A judge is here! LOL

BWF should get testimony from makkem and give taufik the gold medal lmao

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic:
    ..i'm still trying to figure out how that statement would make CJ sound "arrogant"??..:confused:

19. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

CJ didnot need to cheating to win. He had better record against TH. He win easily again TH today.

Meanwhile TH play lots of errors since the first set. He didnot play as good as when he win against LCW.

20. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

CJ definitively didnt tip the shuttles as it would've been way to obvious and the difference you can get is minor from any other methods. For once CJ also played a very aggressive game using more smashes than he normally does (taufik's def isnt the best). With the high amount of smash winners and the high amount of defensive bh lifts that taufik sent out... i doubt it benefited CJ only if that was the case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.