World Championships 2010 Day 7 - Finals (Sunday, Aug-29)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by chris-ccc, Aug 28, 2010.

1. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    ??? it was his defence, everything came back whatever Taufik did. Taufik tried different tactics, but it did not work well. CJ was simply the better one today, no luck, no bad play or missing motivation by Taufik

2. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    it's their fav sports, in some areas more popular than table tennis, so with that huge contingent of players - + their national system --> the result is there. for some other differences - (at least compared to western countries LOL) - just listen the comments by Gillian + Ian made during WD - there is a lot background - I don't believe that western kids would like to join chinese sports system, for deeper insight information contact Lady Pi or Lady Xu - both can tell you if you do not yet know

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Redemption time for CHN squad after their UC loss..

- Okay, i admit i missed the Finals party partly because i knew CHN would clean the entire closet and bring back home the entire jewelry collection. But for the most part, it's because i fell asleep (although i dreamed about CHN sweeping all 5 titles).
    - Yeah, who were the ones who were yapping abt the CHN team will be affected by the CBSL??..Sure, LD might not win, but i doubt it's got much to do with the CBSL. As far as i know, his other compatriots were playing in the CBSL as well.
    - injuries?
    - food poisoning?
    - bad draws?
    - too cold?
    ..but OTOH, i think if both of them were to switch assignments (esp. Ian doing the play-by-play), he might not be as effective..
    ..:eek:..you make it sound as if they did it ala Lin Dan!!!..:eek: :p
    ..more like tired/fatigue..or maybe he wanted to fulfill his pledge/promise that indeed he didn't come to this WC to win the title..
    ..deepest sympathy to HSH and his family..
    ..well, fast forward 23 yrs later, and here we are, they've done it again...i think it'll be another (long) while before this achievement can be accomplished again..

#823 ctjcad, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  4. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Congrats for China team to win all 5 titles. The girls had redeem themselves after only a runner up in Uber Cup this year.

Wang Lin play her best ever by winning easily over Tine in SF and win the title.

CJ at last prove himself for all people that he didnot need his compatriot to give him a big title (All England 2008) by winning this WCH title defeating all non China players.

CY/FHF play their best by defeating almost all the best MD in the world right now. From round 16 to final, they play 4 very tough top wolrd pairs and win.

And Indonesia turn out are the runner up of medals tally here. Though winning only one silver and one bronze , we cannot be too proud. Specially the medals came from Taufik, Markis/Hendra who are not in Pelatnas anymore.

What can all of us say, China just too strong in this WCH. We had too prcatice harder and try diffrent tactics , routines and new ways to developed younger players as strong as China.

5. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

sensationalize is precisely the word to describe gill clark's commentary. it's really nothhing more than that, and quite frankly i'd much prefer to mute her commentary and just listen to the sweet pop of a shuttle if I had the choice! Suffice it to say, she'd make a good Tennis Commentator. Those folks are the experts of stating the bleeding obvious whilst acting like fanboys in the commentary box.

with ian wright, I actually learn new things or notice things I would not have noticed/ acquire a deeper understanding of the game. Ideally, that is what commentary should be for - i.e. enlighten not the just the absolute beginner (in which case Gill Clark might serve a purpose) but also to the badminton FAN, a person who actually knows a thing or two about the game!

6. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

China = awesome. Congratulations!

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: All 5 titles going to China

2010 BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: All 5 titles going to China.

A great achievement by CHN players. Congratulations !!!

Credits to CBA for making Badminton as one of China's top sports. Other National Associations need to learn and study how CBA manages to be so successful.

BWF, while trying to promote Badminton worldwide, can only hope that other National Associations can match up with CBA's system (to bring in more talented Badminton players).

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    How CBA can manage to be so successful......

I have branched out in another thread to discuss "How CBA can manage to be so successful", located at;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...making-Badminton-as-one-of-China-s-top-sports

We need some input from our BCers. :):):)

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah...agree.. Ian is a better commentator with technical knowledge and understanding of the sport.