Was Chen Jin cheating?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by bogensaebel, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    what is cheating? google it and you will see all badminton players cheat in one way or another according to the defination in wikipedia. Deception, trickery, creating an unfair advantage at the expense of others interest.
    Badminton is a cheating game. LOL (off topics- sorry)

2. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

hahahah...ithink this thread discuss bout what CJ s did with the shuttle, not the reason or an apologize why TH Lost. TH also didnt discredit CJ achievement, in indonesian local newspaper TH said that he s tried his best, but he lost both phisical and technique this time.

yes i agree, thats why hard for LCW (not impossible)to beat TH when TH in his prime....with todays training, TH still can compete in the top level....i remember in press conf after IO 2009 Final when LCW trashing TH, LCW said that TH time is ended....TH just laughing that statement, he said that if u win u can say every thing, some years ago, LCW also hard to win. TH said he is 3rd grade player after LD n LCW, 2nd is CJ, BCL, PG

last 2 TH winning over LCW is macau (CMIIW) after OG 2008....LCW reason is he is still tired after OG...and now LCW said that s cos back injured...i think he is the best injured player in de world lol...he can smash that hard, move so fast heheheheh...not a good sportsmanship in my opinion

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    cj's fast game disrupt taufik for a deadly smash - yes

cj's fast attacking game requires a faster shuttle - not necessary

and i do not have any comment whether chen jin is cheating or not

because manipulating the flight of shuttle by player is nothing new and its a tactic by itself

though a dirty one!

4. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

agree with u, like i said before...its is TH right to compaining, but i think there s referee that have the right to decide...and the referee is done the job...he watch CJ if he hold the shuttle....

disrty or not, CJ willbe remembered as a wold Champion...we have honored his achievement

5. supernova

supernova Regular Member

senior software developer
    It is true that umpires(and service judges) from a coutry where badminton is not the strongest sport usually get more chances to judge in semi-finals/finals of import world events. It simply because their players are less likely able to reach the final rounds.
    So Yes, Canada, USA.... do produce world-class umpires

And I do believe any BWF officials you see in this world championships and pasts can judge better than you.

6. restlessHK

restlessHK Regular Member

University Professor
    Trying hard to find a reason to be ashamed of being a Chinese, huh!
    Congratulations, you found one.

#66 restlessHK, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  7. littlebro

littlebro Regular Member

I am happy to see that you are no longer Chinese. What a twisted mind.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    good point by james.

the shuttles were tested before match. they should all be standard speed, and being top of the line, all shuttle in the same tube will perform identically.

so if Taufik claims that it was tempered with to change the speed, then why not do the baseline test to compare with a fresh one?

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I guess that (testing the shuttles from the baseline) didnt come across his mind during the match. We couldnt see clearly if the shuttles were altered so only the umpire could make the call.

Having said that, if you study the style of these two different players (TH is attacking player who relies heavily on tight net spin following with thunderstorm smashes; CJ is a defensive player who is physically strong with good retriever), so it's not make difficult to make an own judgement here.

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    There are few loops hole in World Class Badminton Rules...

1. Tampering with shuttlecock... ??? How do we spot it???
    2. Service above waist...
    3. Use video tech for

11. thekong

thekong Regular Member

What are the possible/subtle ways to alter the shuttle during a match without being detected?

Some members mentioned tipping the shuttle, but wouldn’t you need to do it to all the feathers (or at least to feathers in equal intervals) or else the shuttle would be unstable in flight? I would think both the action and the effect would be too obvious to stay unnoticed during a WC final!

It seems to me that it is nearly impossible to purposely altered the shuttle with enough effect during a WC final and yet remain unnoticed.

12. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

i think what is TH complaining is not just the speed after CJ s "treatment", perhaps its also make the shuttlecock rather unbalance....im agree with jimbo that player like TH rely on his tactic on tight netting and hard smash, how could we control the shuttle if the shuttlecock itself not consistent?

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i myself cannot image how one can alter the shuttlecock's balance significantly enough to make a difference in net shot, yet at the same time, so minute that even a BWF umpire cannot visually detect any difference.

14. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

yup, we all didnt know what is realy happened, but if u mention after TH complain, the referee always watch CJ s hand, and CJ also called to not hiding the shuttle

#74 pejantan, Aug 29, 2010
  15. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Actually if one fiddles a lot with their shuttles, one becomes adept at making the minutest disembowelment invisible to the naked eye!

16. logatech

logatech Regular Member

what a stupid post! When Taufik complained about it and showed to the umpire, the umpire stared at both shuttles, a new one and a shuttle that Taufik claimed to be modified by ChenJin. The umpire DID NOT agree with Taufik. After that Taufik showed the shuttles to the service judge, and the service judge DID NOT agree with him. They are not blind, enough said. Now, how come no other players ever complained about this when they play against ChenJin? why must the modified shuttle benefit ChenJin's play? How does ChenJin manipulate the shuttle so precisely that he can still have the precise of control of the shuttle? If this really works well, why don't other chinese players also use this shuttle-manipulating technique? Come on guys. Taufik might be the badminton god to some of you, but in this match, he is a loser, and Chen Jin is the winner. No excuses, no conspiracies. Accept the fact, go to sleep, play a better game next time.

17. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

it just the opinion, we are free to talk right....or u just that stupid??? please read all post, TH itself not deny CJ achievement, he said that CJ overcome him in term of phisical and technical, he didnt excuse it.....One more question...ARE U IN THERE, in Paris? so u can fully clear see with ur own naked eye that theres nothing threatment by CJ? grown up boys...ur post describe that u didnt know badminton...

this thread is about what CJ doing? so its free to speak base on our own analisis

18. logatech

logatech Regular Member

So because I wasn't there, I can't trust two referees who closely examined the shuttles and did not approve Taufik's claim. And I need to trust you on this forum based on your reasonable doubt, which is solely based on Taufik's claim?

19. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

heyyy....no one have to trust any comment in this thread...just rust what u want to...but its not a good manner to say stupid to another post....u can trust TH claim or u trus CJ or u trust the umpire...it s all up to u

20. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Taufik lose this one fair and square, no question, no scintilla of a doubt, period! The better man in the occasion won! Oh, and I'm a Taufik fan!

Shuttles can be reconfigured (structurally disintegrated) and the player can actually gain proper grasp of it's flight (both the regular and reconfigured shuttle, hence, specifically why the chinese squad are at a higher level...it's like how easy it looks when they bounce the shuttles off the edge of their (unstrung) rackets!

...meaning, either side of the competition can learn to disembowel the shuttle and train to learn its unusual flight. Of course the key is to escape from naked eye's careful or deliberate scrutiny.

#80 RSLvictorSOTX, Aug 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.