Was Chen Jin cheating?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by bogensaebel, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Easy la, just copy and paste................no touble at all !!

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ha Ha, friend, that is a very dangerous thing to say.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Perhaps there was a bad batch of shuttlecocks

As Cheung has posted; "Perhaps there was a bad batch of shuttles. Whatever, a change of shuttle characteristics (if any) would affect both players."

Yes, the 'bad' shuttlecock would be affecting both players; not only affecting TH.

4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Blown way out of proportion and fueled by haters of the Chinese team.
    Just like what LazyBuddy says, even those who pretend to be diplomatic deep down know they are haters.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

so, you can lip read as well, can you? for all i can tell the umpire was asking the world champion to hurry up as he got a hot date in 10 mins.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, very true........just I feel CJ was happy with it, and he won on that day....with 'those' shuttlecocks !!

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i double post so the 2nd one was for you to add...

anyway if chris can swear in baddy court law what taufik said was only the shuttle

then everything here is rather upside down

well we are all in together

including the 2 commentators hehe

why worry..lol

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Everything here is rather upside down

Yes, IMHO "Everything here is rather upside down".

CJ won the day. TH lost.

Let's not accuse anyone for 'cheating'. :):):)

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ha ha.. All in good humour. Btw, did the match finished in 10 mins after that?

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think you are misusing the word haters here. For me, I try to be diplomatic at times but I am not a China hater although I have made it clear that I don't support the team. Haters are those who give off huge anti sentiments and start insulting the team (example of haters can be found in the Lin Dan thread where there are LCW-haters)
    And how do you know that people like me hate China? Simply because I don't support them? Hate is quite a strong word, and you have to show strong emotions that is anti-China to be a China-hater and I don't consider myself as one as I only don't support them. YOU are the one who is blowing it out of proportion. I don't know if you are an other countries hater, but as long as there is no proof, you are innocent and I believe you are. Same case with the topic, as long as there is no proof that Chen Jin is guilty, he is innocent and I believe he is.

I may have crossed the line, I will not comment any further on this thread, hopefully it will be locked.

11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Maybe Taufik was saying that Muldoyo spotted CJ "tampering" at 9-4 in 2nd set.Maybe some spectators spotted it too,

as against "tampering "with every shuttle.

Then it is not as if CJ won the whole match by tampering with every shuttle.

Unless one suspects that it was going on for a while and T finally lost his patience at that point.

Then again we still do not know whether there is tampering just once, every shuttle or even faked tampering as it cannot be detected.

Only those in the stadium can confirm whether it was once,regularly or even if the tampering is real (maybe he hid the shuttle under his jersey).

Anyway T is not the issue here.Its the other party whether he is unfair just for 1 moment,throughout or playing mind games

#311 Bbn, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  12. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

There was a recent tournament where T complained abt CJ manipulating shuttles, even couldn't stop protesting to the umpire after losing. Can anyone remember the tournament. I want to upload some clips from it.
    Just to prove that T's grouses are nothing new.

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

For one, you self included yourself in the group, I wrote those pretending to be neutral and diplomatic as to pinpoint out those who know who they are... and it is pretty obvious mate who these people are. I did not put any reference to you at all as I have always viewed your posts as fair, there are just some members who act all holy but deeply resent chinese badminton especially characters like Lin Dan. So take a few deep breathes and please calm down :)

Some here I don't hate countries, I just have my preferences on particular players and pairings and I am completely open and transparent on that. I do not try and hide behind a veil on akeyboard typing away prejudice remarks whilst pretending to be indifferent on certain matters. Again this is not targeted at you at all :)
    Please have a nice day

14. logatech

logatech Regular Member

Thanks for posting these video clips. But we all saw this while watching the live broadcasting, and what is the point that you are trying to make??

These videos did not show that ChenJin did anything to the shuttle. They showed that Taufik was trying to argue with the umpire and the service judge, but are not supported by them. And the commentators said Taufik is proving or trying to prove something. Commentators did not confirm ChenJin's tampering the shuttle, and did not repeat the slow motion of ChenJin doing it, and they are re-stating what Taufik was trying to do in their opinion. These clips show no valid evidence in my opinion.

15. logatech

logatech Regular Member

You can protest anytime for whatever you want. That is your right. But it absolutely does not mean in any sense that what you are protesting against is true.

#315 logatech, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  16. logatech

logatech Regular Member

"but warn chen jin later not to get too close with his fingers to the shuttle", how do you know that?
    Again you have a sequence of sentences that are organized well and seem to have a point. Then all of the sudden, you add something that is suspicious. If the umpire did warn ChenJin just like what you said, show some evidence please.

17. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yes, that is what I want to say too. The commentators only said: "I think....", "Is CJ trying to......?" The keywords here shown that the commentators are UNSURE!

18. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

OMG, this thread is still growing...

For the last time, there is NO proof CJ was cheating. None of the judges 10 feet aways from him found he was doing something wrong.
    Go back and watch the game again! He leads all the way through the game, faster and played much more aggressive.

You can find a thousand reasons why TH lost. But telling people he lost the game because his opponent cheated and you can't come up with any proof only makes you a loser.

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    its just a figure of speech.

in another words - don't tamper the shuttle

20. logatech

logatech Regular Member

How do you know that the umpire had said it or said something like that, not anything else? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.