BC World Championship Title Defence

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by abedeng, Aug 27, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What boleh boleh here?:mad:..

come on, mate..

2. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Any help please..

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

It's Lee chong wei of malaysia.

4. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Hey that's what I said !!!

"Your hero"

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..1 EURO per day ain't bad..but what happens if you return the bike late? how much is the penalty??..

6. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i cannot even afford the taxes!

8. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Hey mate, just in case you don't know. The word 'boleh' is sometime used as a derogatory term to describe Malaysian in this forum. So it's not surprising that some Malaysians might be upset by the term although the term itself carries no harm('boleh' is the malay word equivalent to 'can/capable'). A lot of times this word has been so overused by other fans(in a not very good context) to describe Malaysians fans that it become a cliché that deemed insulting.It's something like calling a non-chinese who is friendly to the chinese as 'yellow lover'. Those 2 words are not bad words, but it sounds very wrong when they are put together in this context(just an example, my apology if this sound offending).

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

:eek::p..oops..so, it's not 1 EURO for the whole day...for a second i thought the price looks too good to be true..

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yes it is, you just need to be judicious to change bikes every 30 minutes. Only absent-minded tourists pay more ..........

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..oh, so it's still 1 EURO per day but limited to 30 minutes?..boy, that doesn't sound too convenient esp. if one wants to travel around the city the whole day; a bit too time constraining & a bit of a hassle.
    Btw, how much is the ticket fare(s) for subway/train ride?..

#71 ctjcad, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It is not limited to 30 minutes. If you want to go beyond, by all means go ahead and pay extra. But by changing bikes every 30 minutes, you get to pay only the 1 EURO ticket fee and no extra charge per day, even if you use the bike system for 24 hours. Since tourists stop regularly anyway, this should not be a problem. Only problem is finding the location of the next station and whether that station has a slot available to return the bike.

Subway is 1.70 EURO per ticket, but you should buy the carnet (10 tickets) at only EURO 12. Train from Paris to CDG is EURO 8.70.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Yes, that's the challenge. At the end, we'd probably end up paying more than 1 EURO.
    - Appreciate the tip. So, 1 ticket can take you anywhere and as far as you want?

14. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    For the tram/bus/métro you should use 1 ticket each time you enter the bus, etc..
    Sometimes you can use one ticket for tram + bus, but I don't know the tip since I have my electronic pass :D

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You can use 1 T+ ticket for tram and bus, subject only that your transfer from tram to bus or vice versa is within the same station, with a time limit of 90 minutes from initial validation of the ticket.

Similarly, you can use 1 ticket for Metro and RER transfer (within Paris only) or between different Metro lines, subject to the same conditions.

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    BTW, if you are going to depent too much on the Metro/Tram/Bus/RER network to move, might as well buy the Paris Visit Pass. You will get unlimited rides within Paris per day at EURO 9 per day for a one day pass, or EURO 20 for a 3 days, EURO 29 for 5 days. For rides up to the sububs, the prices are at EURO 19, 40 and 50 respectively for 1, 3 and 5 days.

But to me, that's just a waste of money, there is just too much to explore on foot.

#76 abedeng, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You could actually refer to the map of Velib bike stations at the station you purchased the tickets. It would help considerably. Of course, if the bikes were painted in brighter colours, eg. striking red, the stations might be even more conspicuous.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i saw the map of the velib bike stations and they seem to be all over the map/city. Did you pedal in one of them? What's the closest distance between stations? 5 minutes? I was trying to figure out the distance from one point to another but couldn't find a scale to measure it.
    I would think, even if the stations are not as conspicuous, there are signs pointing one to the locations/directions of the stations, correct?. But still, even with that time limit, personally, i won't really enjoy using the bikes as i'd be looking @ my watch often just to keep myself timed. Might as well just walk..:cool:

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The stations are around 300 metres apart in dense areas. The challenge is more on finding a station with a space for parking the bike, because during rush hours (morning), the stations at the city centre is packed with bikes. In this case, you get an extra 15 minutes to find parking at the next available station (assuming you have authenticated yourself at the arrival station).

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..oh, one can get an extra 15 minutes if planning to drop off the bike in the denser areas??..:p