LCW vs Lin Dan... who will be better in this tournament?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by weak_yihan, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weak_yihan

weak_yihan New Member

worker
    Lin Dan was beaten by LCW at the final of JOSS, but Lin Dan still wins h2h with Lcw..

but, everything is possible...in ur opinion, who will be better???

2. jojandy

jojandy Regular Member

Student
    Who will be better, actually there is no answer to this question, it all depends on their condition.
    Head to heads shows the past results, it doesn't mean that Lee Chong Wei is weaker than Lin Dan in this very moment.
    I think that Lee Chong Wei has showed us great aggressive game in this Japan Open, but I hope that Lin Dan will get Gold Medal in MS.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    between now and their next encounter

i say, lcw is better than lin dan

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i just hope there won't be a BC poll created asking "Who will win the AG MS Gold?"..i don't want the BC Poll jinx to affect the final outcome..:cool::(

5. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

LD is slighty better than LCW..LD will win the AG gold..Im sure of that..wait and see..;)

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Taufik Hidayat might spoil LCW or LD's party in this tournament;)

just my 10 cents;)

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, just like TH said in recent WC Paris.......AG is his priority this year, and I think, when he is ready, he is very dangerous....!! :cool:

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lcw shd continue to use the strokes to the 4 corners. Lindan strength is still the fast offensive games. If lcw doesn't do silly mistakes allowing ld to intercept or making foolish net or smash, he shd be able to have a good fight. ;)

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    i suspect thread starter is just another troll. create, hit and run. this is my opinion and i didnt see his/her opinion.

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

TH will end LCW's path to AG gold.
    Or LD will mercilessly slaughter LCW :D.
    LD is still a notch better :)

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    You still talking to the thread starter ?

I thought drifit already sensed a troll who ran away.

Btw you have good imagination and a good sense of humor lol

12. Baddyl0ver

Baddyl0ver Regular Member

To be honest, and i do not want to sound very offensive. Lin dan is at a total different stage than Lee Chong Wei. Lin Dan just usually loses focus or concentration =S. But skill-wise LCW is nowhere near Lin Dan. Don't get me wrong though.....they both great great great players and i just love it everytime i see them in the finals =D

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    If one say skill wise lcw is far away

Then what make him beat lin dan in japan open 10?

What makes him beat other players and stay in world no. 1 for years?

Luck? Stamina? If luck and stamina can make a champion that would be easy...

Just ask those runners take up baddy and use black magic power for luck.

Both players have equivalent skills and probably one of them style is more eye catching.

So that's how one got skills confuse lol

#13 pBmMalaysia, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

That's, it's hard to stay motivated once you have reached the absolute pinnacle of your sport and won everything that's worthwhile to win.... except AG (That's still debatable). Just as Taufik~ He only regained his motivation to play in basically this past year and at the end of last year.

It's hard to train like you used to when you still have many goals left unfulfilled like the OG gold medal etc, no matter how many SS you win it cannot beat the desire and the glory of that one gold.

LD has basically everything he needs right now a position up the pantheon of titans in badminton, money, fame, etc... so many promo activities, parties and commitments... compare that versus the desire to go train on a sunday afternoon when you ca godine at a michelin star restaurant?
    It's just not the same ;)....

Lin Dan and Taufik have reached the peaks of Everest whilst LCW is still far far away.
    Winning all these SS whilst burning himself out or collapsing in big ones is a terrible sin. One that is getting harder and harder to rectify, perhaps he will be remembered as the greatest player on the super series but nothing else.

And world No.1 is not much for LD as he has achieved it with ease before for such amazingly long periods.
    2004 to 2008 with only a few brief moents overtaken, but he gets it back whenever it is required of him like for the OG to get 3 Chinese players in the top 4.

LCW can have it as far as anyone concerned and he can wear the number one ring like LD used to, but he sure is not LD, more like his little brother :).

15. Baddyl0ver

Baddyl0ver Regular Member

You may be right at some point. LCW is number one no doubt on that. That's mainly because he almost plays in every single tournament which earns him moreee ranking points than LD. I must say i stayed up the whole night, like many others baddy lovers lol, watching the Japan Open 2010 finals. And it was sooo sure that LD was gonna win. How wrong was i lol but seriously i still don't know how he lost lol. Some argue that LCW played a really good game. I agree 100% on that one. However, i also think that LD play a really bad game and it is trueee, he was very very inconsistent and i hate it when that happens. LCW is a very good player with excellent accuracy, speed, defense and also attack. LD has pretty much the same thing and a little more: he plays mind games. And that my friend, is a true art of badminton.

16. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    u dont want to sound very offensive but u already make a offensive statement here... left handed LCW still will trashing you out..
    many people said LD is better than LCW but i never heard that LCW is nowhere near LD in skill-wise

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Personally, I like TH but I don't think TH will win AG10. LD is the favorite to win, with Jia-Yu fans and home court advantage. If BCL is in LCW half, BCL would be tough too playing at home. IMHO, LCW is 2nd favorite. I would love to bet with you on this AG10, heck, even 10 cents I take it;)

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Beware! OTB is a compulsive gambler!! :D:D:p

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    ;)
    2011 with the revised WR points format, LD will have to play more SS to qualify for OLY12, so we will see if LD can reclaim his WR1 from LCW. I predict LD will be WR1 in 2011 up to OLY12 (to be the opposite half of LCW draw), aiming to win OLY12 and retires at the top with a WR1 status at the same time;)
    As for JO10, that game could have gone either way, LCW won the 1st set with a tight score, a few lucky shots and the 3rd set can go either way. Kwun pointed out the combined score is like 59-58 if you added up all the points each player got in the 3 sets. So, your logic that LCW won because LCW played a good game while LD played poorly, and still LCW won JO10 by a squeaker. LCW has a real problem, what if LD played a little bit better, the score would be reversed. Or even worse, what if LD played great, then LCW will be cleaned out.
    I do agree with you that both players have so much in common...fitness, speed, anticipation, talent, defense, attack, and so on and on...IMO, I think LD is very strong in mental game while technically and in defense LCW is better. I also think LD mental strength is a result of playing in CHN, cos a player develop mental strength survival instinct by constantly watching out and being better than his teammates to maintain his place in CHN national team, that is mental strength right there...case in point, JYJ is a great WS player, how come she never get to play 1st, 2nd or 3rd single for CHN in majors and kept being bypassed? Any country she goes to, she will the star WS player, except in CHN. Same for CHN MS players, competition is fierce, the best and mentally strong player survives and get to represent CHN. We don't even go to Table Tennis, competition is insane, the top 6 are all CHN, only 2 or 3 get to play, the rest stay home or watch from the bench. In MAS, a so-called top baddy nation, HH can be complacent and yo-yo and still maintain his #2 place in MAS knwing no one to challenge him, now how the heck to develop that mental survival thingie?;)

#19 OneToughBirdie, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  20. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Depending on who shows more 'hunger' for the gold. Besides the home ground advantage, LD has never won AG, he will definitely push himself all out to pursue this elusive medal. Good luck to LCW, he will need it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.