LCW vs Lin Dan... who will be better in this tournament?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by weak_yihan, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    Oh it seems I will work near Hong Kong in a month! What chances of LCW and LD participating there?

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    uncle otb
    want to bet on lin dan wr until og 2012?
    hehe

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Now I am curious, are you in the same opinion with baddyl0ver that LCW played a good game and LD played poorly in JO 2010?

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't think LD played badly in JO10. If he played badly , he would have lost straight sets.
    If he were very strong in mental game or mentally stronger than LCW, he should have no trouble closing out G1(since he was leading 19...) or G3(since he was just behind by 2 or 3 points.)
    But LD did not have any anticipative speed like he had in TC10. He lost to LCW because of speed. And those LCW netcords are not luck. 3 out of 4 netcords cannot be luck.
    But both LCW and LD were amazing in G3. Incredible speed even after 60 minutes of play.

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    can you define or eloborate what you mean by netcords are not luck?

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    if 3 out of 4 netcords are not skill then it must be good luck @ 75% success rate!

if during training, it is very common for netcords,

do we still consider that as skill or good luck?

7. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Netcords are like tumbling netshots...players practice to hit that kind of shots but are less frequently used because of its lower chances of success compared to other shots(normally the players give more margin to play safe). That doesn't mean that they can't hit a netcord if they want to. I have seen advanced state players hitting netcords consistently in practice. Of course, they don't go over 100% of the time(hence the lower percentage compared to other ''safe play'' strokes).

Is that luck? Can we consider someone with skill being lucky?

If an amateur hit a tumbling netshot or netcord, I will call it luck. But to call LCW being lucky? I hope you guys have a clue on what you are talking here.

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hope you have a clue as to what you are talking about rofl.
    Playing extreme low percentage shots at crucial stages? Especially for a mentally weak player ? Ridiculous to suggest it is anything but luck.

9. majyun

majyun Regular Member

I guess Peter Gade and TH must be dumb to play tumbling netshot at crucial state as well. When I said low percentage, it is relative. It doesn't mean is less than 20%. When those shot works, people called it luck, when they don't people called you dumb.
    It depends on whether you wanna take the risk, just like aiming for the sideline while smashing. It is a relative lower percentage shots. Why people still do it? And do you think that LD can't do netcords if he wants to? It all comes down to whether he choose to play it.
    I am sure you know what you are talking about as well. Oh wait...Why don't you go and train more in State funded badminton training camp and see for yourself or is it harder to find them in Hong Kong?. LOLZ.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Look at it this way.
    How often did LCW hit the shuttle into the net and missed way below the net cord (A)? Maybe once or twice but I could be wrong.
    How often did LCW hit the shuttle at the net cord level and clear it (B)? Three times.
    In probably all badminton matches, (A) will be more than (B), not the other way round.

It's elementary, Watson.

But you're not wrong. It's a judgement.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Mentally weak player managed to beat 1x OG cum 3x WC cum nx AE champion. it's not good to devalue the OG/WC/AE champion in this way.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's LD's to lose. He is near impossible to beat on home soil, probably even more so in his sweetie's home town :p

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

It's not devaluing LD's stature it's more like upping your antiChina Hero LCW's surprising greatperformance.
    Enjoy it while it lasts like previous times and run away when he falls flat on the ground.

#34 volcom, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Volcom mate, come on. You're just as guilty of LD fanboyism. Don't be calling the kettle black now.

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Mate I couldn't care less before, until I see these repeated bs remarks made by certain members that post just to provoke an angry response. I don't deny being a LD fan or a China fan overall, but I am sick of seeing non-stop jealous attacks on team china and LD especially cos he is the best.
    Especially nitpicking on little things and magnifying little incidents etc into huge ones makes it all laughable ... Just like cases when lcw loses it's "Lyb said some nasty words and distracted poor lcw" that's why he lost. "lcw has beter stamina, shots bla bla but he somehow still lost".
    come on and think about it carefully, old pjswift has been harping her old nonsense about china for longer than I have joined this forum... With her laughable theories about china team being Chickens and rote learning only able to beat lcw all the way to Ld struggles against lesser players like psh cos he hasn't got a plan lol?
    Others may comment natively on fans like Ajaib for being Indonesian but supporting china etc... Then why not this Pjswift? She is sg Chinese but absolutely loathed the Chinese team, supporting any random on top of her lungs to beat the Chinese team.
    Quite frankly every post of hers is the same old rubbish with nothing but insults to particularly LD.
    Joining her bandwagon is aliases like majyun who likes to take stabs along with compatriots and a particularly vocal cheerleader.

Quite frankly what do we do? Sit here and be ridiculed at by these ridiculous nonsense or post back with some nonsense as well but at least with credibility?

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    you are a coach or a good badminton player. why not share us some lights.
    can pro player "purposely" hit the netcord from baseline and go over?

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i always did that...so easy....:D:D:D

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

i get this feeling that at the moment LD is in a transition stage of his career just like Roger Federer today and LCW being Nadal,

It was the same for Zhang Ning, Yang Yang, Zhao Jian Hua,Hartono etc, I think he can no longer turn in consistent results and can only

shine once in a while. There are people who think his game is built on speed,power and fitness but maybe at this stage it may not be enough against tough opponents like LCW. Surprisingly though he is still able to master youngsters like Wang Zheng Min or Chen Long.

LCW however looks as good as new,maybe he started tough training later than LD.

Maybe its nature taking its course.

20. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Been there, done that. Nothing special except I didn't ''purposely'' aim for the tape. Was trying to drive it as flat and as close to the net as possible from baseline. Sometime it went over the net without hitting tape, sometime it hits the tape and rolled over to opponents' side, rarely it hits into the net. Got to say that this is not the first time I did it ''this week alone''. So I don't understand all the hoo-hah and the luck discussion here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.