LCW vs Lin Dan... who will be better in this tournament?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by weak_yihan, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's great that our admin/moderators are watching out for trolls at BadmintonCentral

It's great that our admin/moderators are watching out for trolls at BC. :):):)

Hope that our regular BCers won't get to fight/bash each other over the troll's intention. :p:p:p

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

There's no need to apologise when the netcord's not due to luck. If LCW trains for it and ups a 5% shot to a 50% winner with confidence, he earns the right to not make a fuss over it.
    Like unreturnable tumbling net shots, this is high level skill and when delivered effectively, it indicates confidence and good form.
    Nothing to do with sportsmanship.

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Hang on a minute, you have me confused. Are we watching the same match in JO 2010? I took a deliberate to watch the game again and find what you said a bit puzzling.

The reason why this is confusing is, LCW had not hit a netcord all the way from baseline throughout the Japan Open 2010.

If you take away the tumbling netshots in the match, there were only 4 netcords.

The first one was done by LD from the baseline. LD did a fast drop/half smash from the rear court in the 1st set when the score was LD 6-LCW 4(scoring his 7th point)

The second netcord came from LCW taking the shuttle from midcourt(the stand you take when serving in single) in the 2nd set. This happened when the score was LD 19-LCW 14 (scoring his 15th point).

The third net cord came in the beginning of third set. Where LCW came in for a net kill and took the shuttle at front court(service line), which is just a few inches before the net. LD 0 -LCW 0 (LCW scoring his first point).

The fourth netcord came before the interval of third set. where LCW came in for net/push, took the shuttle at front court(service line), few inches before the net.
    LD 8-LCW 10 (LCW scoring his 11st point).

I have seen alot of netcords around midcourt area(mainly from double in the professional level and ocassionally from singles), so personally I don't consider it as luck. happened in social level too, if you took the shuttle fast enough.As you said, after all the racket is just a few inches from the net. However, that's only my opinion. I never proclaim myself to be a professional player and advanced video audience like youself:p:rolleyes:.

Just to confirm again, are you saying that LCW is lucky because he got 3 netcords from mid front court? If you still think is luck, fine by me:p:D.

P/S: even LD got the netcord from baseline, I would say is a result of hardwork and a bit of luck :D:cool::cool::). Just my opinion.

#63 lcleing, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  4. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    There might be another topic which comes into the game: what about the linesmen? I don't wanna start a new discussion about the bad calls we all know about - just wanna know now, how is the set up at the Asian games? Will they have international and well trained line judges (so some Indians will judge a MAS-CN match), or will they have the local volunteers? Hope for the sake of baddy they don't let the patriots judge!

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Another thread of LD vs LCW, who will be on top? It might end up like in the previous World Championships, with Chen Jin taking it home .......

6. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

...not another datuk vs super dan thread?! duncha ppl ver learn?
    it's already very clear dat datuk can only win if super dan allows him.
    right before a major tournament, for sure datuk will beat super dan. remember 2008 when datuk fans went into raptures after super dan allowed datuk to win in de thomas cup? and right after, datuk got a badminton lesson from super dan in de og final.

now miss bun is trying out injury tricks to lower de public pressure on datuk to win, so he will not buckle under pressure again.
    nice try and finally got improvement in thinking, but again, super dan wants de ag gold to complete his grand slam collection.
    so datuk...only in ur dreams!

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    when i see your name appear in the thread after i pressed setting i knew what you have for lcw lol

no doubt lin dan is still hot favorite in asian games but you don't have to sound so cheap for lcw

do you think your opinion is going to change the way lcw's fan is going to support him?

it will still be the same so better you keep your negative and rude comment by yourself

it just serve no purpose

unless you like to chase the readers away from bc;)

#67 pBmMalaysia, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  8. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant

*nod*nod*

Much better:- "unless you like to be chased away from bc..." :D:D:D;)

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, this one also can :eek:

it all depend on which window i am looking from,

from the readers' or the mod's :D:D;);)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    i didnt saw park sh complain on a 10cm out(but linejudge called in) incident(againts lindan in cmo 2010)
    so
    does the player really cares?

11. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I guess when it gets on their nerves (i.e.: way too many bad calls one can ignore-like what happen to LCW vs BCL), they will care...;) I hope no such thing happens in AG2010... if it does, it left me no more space for respect to the host...

12. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

actually if you noticed LD hasn't won AG gold yet so he will be very determined to win it..Just like the olympics08. So he will be all out to win it just like in the olympics..in JO10, its alright if he lost to LCW cause it doesn't really matter to him since his dream is accomplished already and he has won alot of tournaments:) So my guess is LCW will have no chance..:)

13. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

no disrespect to datuk but i always feel pity for him. if he is born 10 years earlier or 10 years later, he will be remembered as one of badminton's best players of his era.
    it is such a tragedy dat datuk is completely overshadowed by super dan, who is definitely de greatest player of all time.
    no matter wat, datuk has won quite a few stash of $$$ and shld be contented. heard he even opened up business selling mobile fones.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The game is dynamic. Don't under estimate the rest. I expect some upsets. ;)

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lcw completely overshadowed by lin dan?

you must be out of your mind lol

maybe you should look up or google the word, 'overshadowed'.

if you claim chen jin or bao is overshadowed by lin dan or lcw

i shall agree with you plus 10 satay on me.

as for your belief lin dan is the greatest player of all time,

you are entitled to one and its different from mine,

I believe all top 10 players in the world ranking are the best players of our era.

16. il megafono

il megafono Regular Member

what are you talking about negative and rude comment? who are you telling other member to not

express his or her opinion? what makes you think other readers will be chased away after reading that?

what makes you think his opinion will change the way lcw's fan is going to support him? i think

it's members like you who like to chase the readers and posters like him away from bc

17. il megafono

il megafono Regular Member

i've been surfing around this forum for a couple or so months and i couldn't agree more with you on the types of comment

i've seen, especially by those non-china supporters.

and who are the compariots and who is that particular vocal cheerleader?

18. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Wow!

The above notes remind me of history from year ago... curious of how pBmMalaysia will react :eek:... btw newcomer, perhaps an introduction first... @ the introduction section :cool:

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    welcome new member!

an example of negative and rude comment is this post of yours and

i am afraid you have missed the rules and regulations of bc totally.

kindly find them and read.

you registered this morning after months of reading in bc, that's good

but i hope your mission in bc is not ONLY to question members like

chriss-cc, yoppy, visor and most particularly, me.

please take note and enjoy!

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

il megafono has the potential to be ctjcad number 2
    Or maybe its him undercover :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.