Chen Jin's Day of Reckoning

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by Bbn, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lee chong wei's big day tomorrow! great win in the semis!.. but tomorrow will be his chance to show himself and the world that he can win Big titles with the top players

2. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

What?! Chen Jin lost?
    Can't wait to watch the match, I thought he would give LCW the run around, guess the big match pressure got to him.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Not really. In the end, LCW was simply better.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Another revelation and conclusion drawn here (at least to me)

is that the Malaysian training and coaching regime is on par with China .

As can be seen with the fitness level of LCW compared to CJ ( few x as stated by pBm).

The difference is the talent and personality of the players.

It is a question of finding more Lee Chong Weis, Koos or Tan Boon Heongs.

#64 Bbn, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

(rolls-eyes)
    ur reasoning skill is so flawed so it is better to keep this "revelation" and "conclusion" to urslf.
    how can u make such a sweeping statement abt their training/coaching regime based on juz one match?
    summore it is china no.2 vs. malaysian no.1

if it is in par, boleh-land dun have to depend juz on datuk and koo/tan to challenge for trophies.
    look at the number of titles dat china men's team have and compare with boleh-land.
    while china has a gallery of olympic/asian games golds, world championships, all-englands, etc what does boleh-players have to show from major tournaments?

malaysian talent pool is very large, badminton being the no.1 sport. but due to the incompetent/greedy ppl running BAM, like all other sports, boleh-land's standard has been gradually reducing through de years.

despite all de fanfare and boleh slogans, no boleh players won anything significant for de past 20 years.

6. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    What??:eek: China's reigning world champion CJ was beaten 7-21 on the rubber. I cannot believe my eyes when I look at the scoreboard!!:D

Up there, dont be too harsh on yourself. Its a beautiful Sunday morning. You've struggled long enough. Relax....;)

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hope LCW doesn't repeat his second set scorelines of OG08, Sudirmans cup09 or TC10, today ;)

8. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

maybe this will happen based on lcw current condition as it does not look 2 good:(

9. pralinescream

meme

how can u say datuk condition no good when he juz thrashed the world championship winner in de 3rd set?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Stop being so personal and irrational and act in a civilised way or I will add you to my ignore list.

Everyone here has the right to say what they think,right or wrong.

I am beginning think that most other people were right about your character flaw after all despite been

given many chances.

11. pralinescream

u r right. evrybody is entitled to declare their reasonings/conclusions.
    but u must also realize, once u declare u will subject urslf to the scrutiny of others.
    and which part was being personal or insulting?

12. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    I forgotten what's the score was but like you said, lets hope he will come out good today. Thanks for your kind hope though.;)

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

On reviewing in the LCW vs CJ match it appears to me

that CJ may have miscalculated his own fitness.

It is possible that in the 2nd set he thought he had enough left to finish of the match in 2 sets,

went for it,lost and became a passenger in the 3rd. It could have been different if he had shifted down in the 2nd and gambled on a 3rd.

now that LD knows the state LCW is in, we may not get to see a repeat of Olyp.2008, rather it may be a calculated pacer

like the JO, see who outlasts who over a long game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but stop making personal attacks and trying to get the thread closed.

Nobody in this world is a know-it-all, least of all me, I am just facilitating a discussion.

Anybody trying to be emotional is just throwing a bad light on himself. no one is going to take you seriously

if you dont know how to engage in a proper discussion but resort to mud-slanging and emotional outbursts.

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I dont know what Aspire is saying as I can no longer read his posts, I suspect just like Praline.

I suggest to stop the personal attacks and argue based on facts and logic and not to make emotional outbursts so that the web-master will not close the thread as it has a purpose. Alternatively of course if you continue like that you may need to be sent to the dog-house.

All your gripes against the country are already well known general knowledge, no need to sound like a broken record.

15. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

hmm i do think that lin dan has the upper advantage..homeground,fresher as he able 2 beat park easily yesterday, good coach that can came up with various tactics...this is just my humble opinion dun atttck me :crying: anyway i hope lcw can win with a good fight..he must not think 2 much about others but focus on his own game n put his confidence high when entering the court:(

16. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Can't read me? My english is simple and direct although not as comprehensive as you.

I am simple, I do not poke or 'troll' like some others and when I see one, like you have said, is my rights to voice it out although my style is quite different from you.

Btw, appreciates that you did not IGNORE me totally.

17. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    All in all and true to its title, its surely Chen Jin's Day of Reckoning.:)

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Anyway I think i will try to convince Praline :

The badminton circuit is a very gruelling one over 12 months without an off-season with many opens,leagues and team events.
    players cannot be expected to participate in all of them , they need some rest and recovery.
    The best way is for players to find their NICHE eg, choose whether to be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond.
    LCW for eg.chooses to excel in SS, LD in team events or Big tournaments, you cant possibly win them all, even if you do you will be exhausted
    or badly injured.
    I would say BAM is still not that bad as it can still create winners like LCW or Koo.they win in SS and go for prize money.
    China players play for country and put the SS on lower priority.
    Many countries have budding talents, they appear good at junior levels but may not necessarily be LCWs or KKKs as they mature and join the
    senior circuit. Even in China and Korea you see promising juniors disappearing.
    real winners can be spotted by experts, eg. Gade or LYD were already spotted by experts at junior level, do you think there are
    many LYDs or Gades in Msia now? The last time people praised Yeoh Kay Bin or Alan Tai or Lee Tsuen Seng as future champions,
    did it turn out that way?
    Sure there are flaws in BAM, I'm just saying that the system is still caoable of producing LCWs and Koos,
    I dont know anything about the past or future.
    Correct me if I am wrong but not at a personal level and use facts and data pls.
    In short Msia at the moment can produce SS winners, but do not have a team in depth to win team events.
    But is that priority?

#78 Bbn, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Unfortunately, we will most likely see Lin Dan winning in straight sets. I'm hoping for 3 sets though, but Lin Dan will be the winner regardless, in my opinion. If LCW wins, would it be the first time he's beaten Lin Dan twice in a row? It would be a big blow for Lin Dan, losing 2 big finals in a row to his nemesis.

It will all come down to how well Lin Dan is playing. If Lin Dan is playing near or at his best, he is pretty much unbeatable - only LCW (and Hidayat) playing at his absolute best could compete.

I still feel Lee Chong Wei is the most entertaining player to watch, by a long shot. It's just like in tennis - Roger Federer is by far the smoothest and most talented player to watch. Unfortunately, he is down 7-14 in Head to Head against his nemesis Rafael Nadal. The same goes for LCW - he is down 7-14 in Head to Head against Lin Dan. And most likely it will be 7-15 by the time this final is over. If I'm wrong, I will be re-watching the final at least three times haha! Lin Dan in his prime losing a big final in China? What are the odds of that?

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Much too much second-guessing here, especially on a thread that has outlived its usefulness, going by its title... Chen Jin has departed from the Asian Games, 2010 edition; he is a world class player, regardless. I stand up and applaud him. And now I will wait to see what the finals bring me. Either way, it's like a box of chocolates! :D