LCW lost again...

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by murfice, Nov 21, 2010.

1. youngman

youngman Regular Member

Product Manager (Core Networks)
    I wanted LCW to win, super footwork,finesse and also my country man ;-). But seeing the performance of Super Dan,I can only say he is the legend and the world's best player ever seen to date. Congratulations to Super Dan ! LCW, don' be dissapointed , just have to try again.

2. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    I just watched the replay of yesterday's MS final matches and my reaction was:

1.) Wow... what a match! 2.) disappointed because LCW lost.

It also concluded to me that LD, after so many years of playing and capturing all the titles there are to offer, is head and shoulder above the rest. I used to criticized him for his style of play where he used to heavily relied on his smashes and speed to win matches. His net-play and finesse in executing his shots was almost non-existent then. Not to mention his short coming in controlling his emotion at times.

But over the years, he has improved tremendously and transformed himself to an all-rounder, almost the perfect player there is. Now his game is so complete that makes it almost impenetrable at times. His mental strength, when it comes to the big stage especially is like a fish takes to water. Everything blends in so well at once and that is the reason I was in aw when watching him play LCW just now.

Now comes to LCW, he too has improved gradually over the years. As far as I am concerned he is the next best player there is after LD. Many a times it's so heart sick in seeing him defeated by LD in most of the majors.

Worst of all, besides still have to endure tougher training regime in order to bounce back in the next tourney he has to swallow all kinds of belittlement that some were written as long as a mile by certain self acclaimed "scholar"!

And then will hear all kinds of grouses the very next day on the street be it from aunties and uncles (Malaysian of course) who know nuts about badminton to professionals wanting to take a piece of post-match action/analysis just like us here in BC.

But all these "mere mortals" shared a thing in common. They were disappointed but proud at the same time.

To them, LD is the best. So for a player like LCW pitted againts LD in almost all the finals of the majors is a great achievements itself. LCW was there in OG08 final, AE09 final, a couple of TC battles and now the AG10 final.

On top of that he has beaten LD in various occasions in the Super Series soon after each defeat. It takes great courage and effort in order to do it. Also in my humble opinion, LCW played a part in pushing LD to be where he is today because the bar was set a notch higher each and every time the two met.

Now I have a simple question to all LCW critics out there. Where was your respective country's representative when LCW was battling LD in all those epic finale that will go down in the history book of badminton in years to come? Were they sitting at the players gallery? Were they watching it live in the comfort of their hotel rooms or they were taking an early flight home? Food for thought huh!!

No doubt LD is the man today but I am proud we have LCW. So what LCW lost again...?

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Clap, Clap. You actually took the time to write the essay :D

4. felicialim

felicialim Regular Member

Wow, what a great and precise piece written by you. You definitely speak out my mind too. I did not have much respect to Lin Dan few years back when I thought that he relied too much on his smashes. Although he defeated Lee Chong Wei at that time, I still considered Lee as a better player due to more precise skill. But nowadays, he has improved to become an all rounder. I respect him and reckon his achievement and skill nowadays. Though he has beaten my Lee Chong Wei, I still enjoy watching his matches.

At the same time, I am certainly proud of Chong Wei, and I believe that the whole nation does. He is no doubt the best ever single player Malaysia has produced so far, not to judge from the major titles, but judging from his skill, court coverage, net play and etc, we are really proud of you!

#104 felicialim, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    lost again is the negative view. how about positive view?
    LCW has proven to be a very good player. how many out there can perform till final? how many players are there to be tied to Lin Dan?
    even months before Asian Games, there are few threads mentioning LD vs LCW. yet, i see no such thread as LD vs CJ or LD vs TH or LD vs etc... almost every members in BC are expecting both in final.

6. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    good writing here
    LCW has try his best...he and LD give us a good show..

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    don't worry duke, i won't get mad at all!

did i hit you hard on your perception of lcw?

so hard you are now boiling with your above reply? lol

changing topic is your weak sign and go read more of my post

or cool down and take a chill pill as they say.

actually what has he done to you?

tell us or rather vomit out,

you will feel better then you can be more constructive in your posting.

he has lost and has given all he has but lin dan is still unbeatable,

what do you want him to do?

really i can tell him but it must be important.

anyway, continuing to humiliate him isn't learning anything, duke.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    a lost is a lost fren. Dun grow white hair because of this. Lets move on. ;) LCW can still achieve what LD has done. We will never know the future. No need to blow trumpet for so long.... long winded.. haiz... ;)

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes, very few positive view of the loser

again, we don't see the thread starter around

must be a troll and i suggest mod to close this thread or change the title!

10. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

lol
    karma is a bi*ch

#110 HiddenPower, Nov 22, 2010
  11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I think LD's 'hill' can 'last' another 18 months till OLY12;) He is too smart to overstay his welcome and let loses taint his name. Leave while at the top, only stopping him from retiring now is OLY12, one more gold and that's it. Looking at today's players, besides LCW and CJ, no problem-a, OLY12 goal still shine brightly.
    Besides OLY12, 1 more WC, 2 AE, 1TC and that's it for major goals. Thanks to the revamp SS qualifying system, we may get to see LD 'force' to play in 2011-12. Maybe he tries MO and IO since he hasn't won them yet...maybe a Canadian Open and US Open too since he doesn't have those medals...warning, the pay is low though:D

12. liuqingde

liuqingde Regular Member

Research
    Maybe they should get Zhao Jian Hua or Yang Yang or Han Jian to coach LCW

Or Hou Jian Chang

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LCW simply read this forum to find out the best coaching advice, and it is free of charge, that some BCers dish out (mind you often without thinking before posting), and especially, especially when he loses;)....these are real sit at home, quarterback coaches, problem is your can read and 'hear' their free advice but cannot see their faces....hahaha!!!:p:D

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- The positive view? Well, at least Datuk is not retired and will still be playing.;) It's up to him, really, to keep on fighting and trying his best. Imo, he has 2 good yrs left (til 2012). WC, first. And then focus on the OG. It's as simple as that.
    - As for why only LD vs. LCW threads, of course lah, they are currently the only 2 MS players worth watching in a Final..why would anyone else suggest to see LD vs. other players not named LCW in this AG Final??..:p
    ..*nod*..
    ..as far as i recall, LD and CJ played more matches than LCW (incl. the team events)..As for LCW being sick prior to the AG as a reason (or excuse) for him not being fitter to last 3 games vs. LD, that's open for debate..
    ..*nod*, *nod*..When it really matters, LD's will and mindset are just stronger..

#114 ctjcad, Nov 22, 2010
  15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    It was reported he was sick, that is all we can go by unless you are there with him to confirm, but whether he is sick or not, that does not appear to affect him playing BP and CJ. As for LD and CJ played more, agree. But to play >1 hr 3-sets against CJ and then less than 24 hr later played another 3-set long game against LD, that is the difference. Also, the mental sapping strength in beating CJ and then face LD added to this discrepancy.
    I am not saying LCW lost because of this factor, I am opining on LCW being tired. IMO, LD will beat LCW even up in CHN, that is why I predict LD wins AG10 in the first place.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Ya, i know abt the report of Datuk LCW being ill/sick/not feeling well..
    - Abt LCW being tired in his match vs. LD, because he played a longer match vs. CJ in the Semis, would you suggest LCW would've done better if not had the chance to win against LD if he won in straight games in his Semis match (a bit fresher)? Or would LD still win at the end?..

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW won again

Hope that sometimes we can create more threads like "LCW won again" in future. :):):)

18. johnchang

johnchang Regular Member

none
    Well you can when he wins another SS title ;):)

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Creating threads for Lee Chong Wei whenever he wins

OK... I will. :):):)

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    He is down but not out.
    Courtesy of the Star.

Tuesday November 23, 2010

Chong Wei harbours hopes of catching up with Lin Dan

SHUTTLER Lee Chong Wei is down but not out.
    The world No. 1 left Guangzhou for home yesterday with mixed feelings after running out of gas the previous night en route to losing 13-21, 21-15, 10-21 to China’s Lin Dan in a 72-minute battle for the men’s singles gold medal.
    The 28-year-old was disappointed with the manner he lost the third game but accepted the defeat graciously.
    “I wanted this title as badly as Lin Dan but he played better. It was too difficult to catch up when he opened up a big lead in the decider,” lamented Chong Wei.
    He admitted that he still lacked one vital element – mental strength – compared to his arch rival.
    “He is better in the psychological part of the game,” said Chong Wei.
    “Several times, he tried to break my focus when I was about to serve and I was not too happy about it. Anyway, that is something that I hope to master too.”
    On whether he could emulate Lin Dan’s feat by winning all the major titles in the world, Chong Wei said: “I do not think that I will go on losing to Lin Dan forever.
    “The defeat here showed that our standard is not too far apart. I can still catch up.”
    The Chinese superstar is a three-time world champion and gold medallist of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He also has winners’ medals from the All-England, Thomas Cup Finals and Sudirman Cup.
    Chong Wei, whose only major crown is the All-England which he won this year, has won more Open titles this year compared to Lin Dan. The Malaysian emerged champion in seven tournaments – Malaysian Super Series and GP Gold, All-England and the Opens in South Korea, Indonesia, Japan and Macau. Lin Dan, who did not compete in many tournaments, won the China Masters and the Asian Championships.
    “I believe I would have given him a better fight, just like I did in the Japan Open (final), if I were in better condition and stayed injury-free,” said Chong Wei.
    “I only went full swing into training a week before the Asian Games because of my foot problem. Then, I came down with fever.”
    Despite the setback, Chong Wei was satisfied with getting the silver in Guangzhou. He was the first Malaysian to reach an Asiad men’s singles final after Punch Gunalan, who won the gold in the 1970 Bangkok Games.
    “This is still my best Asian Games outing. It feels good to bring back a silver, especially after the defeat in the team event,” he said.
    Chong Wei was beaten by Boonsak Ponsana in the quarter-final tie and Malaysia went on to lose to Thailand for the first time in 30 years.
    Chong Wei will not feature in the China Open (Nov 30-Dec 5) and his participation in the Hong Kong Open (Dec 6-12) is also in doubt.
    But he said that he would certainly gun for a third consecutive Super Series Masters Finals title in Taiwan (Jan 5-9).
    Chong Wei won the last two Finals in the absence of Lin Dan.