Hongkong Super Series 2010 Finals! (12 Dec 2010)

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010' started by miksss, Dec 11, 2010.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

of course, if not Lin Dan and Chen Jin withdrawn for no reason, China may take more than 1 title...

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, but if they play with injury and lost ....that will be worse !!

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wah
    lindan is so generous again
    and chen jin start to be generous too
    how much do they donate to unicef?

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LCW was very sharp for this tournament. Last week, CL did give CJ a hard time, and this week TH disposed of CL and TH was no prob for LCW. I think it is better at least for CJ to have avoided the encounter this time.

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

And for LD, after his gold in the AG, he was still on a high I guess. A defeat like in the JO would have been a turn off.

6. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    it's really unfair all supported by me (and sometime only by me..) foreighners threw things so far from my side of the hall. if to analyse how many times I cried "Go!" and all other crowd cried, Fischer and other europian players must bring me souvenirs packed in Christmas confetti.
    No fair in this world.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Hong Kong Open SS: Matches at the Finals

Just finished reading through the whole thread. Thanks to BCers who gave progressive scores and comments. It's like turning back the clock to follow the matches. :):):)

What a well-fought match it was; the SN-vs-WSX match !!! Congratulations to both players.

Although fewer comments were made about the other 2 tight matches; JFN/CP-vs-ZN/ZYL and KSH/YYS-vs-MK/HS, I was also feeling some excitement there too.

Thanks to all BCers again. :):):)

#487 chris-ccc, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  8. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    You are so close to true. thats exactly i didnt have a time to say yesterday (if you were know where and on WHICH computer i am writing this) - TH-LCW meeting always looked for me not less interesting then LCW-LD. The second one has a kind of "who first" dilemma, but TH-LCW is always beautiful matches.
    may be not this time... only first set was excited. the second.. is only for fun. ))

but that's one new favourite for me! Nehwal from India winning the women single. I have a photo with her, very lovely one :) thanks to huangkwokhau :)

may be will post after returning to China )

#488 dassad, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  9. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    It's a fun with Joachim Fischer.. )))
    While watching TV you can hear sometime "Go Johann" scream from the crowd. It's me.
    But only after this finished I realized he's actually Joachim.... i said him this he answered he heard Johann in the game but never understood who is this.. :)

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

KHS/YYS might be the darkest horse for any title now with all top4 pairs in the fray. If I am correct, KKK/TBH has never beaten them in 3 meetings, and MK/HS has 1-2 record against this Korean pair. JJS/LYD is 1-1, and the only top pair Ko/Yoo hasn't beaten is Cai/Fu.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I am really surprise that Makis Kido / Hendra lost to the Korea 2rd pair, I think they maybe too confident after beating Yong dae and JS.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I heard ' Go Saina!' Was that you as well?

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Reony Manaiky for Japanese MD, Eng Hian for Singapore MD./WD,Rudy Gunawan for Tony/Howard in USA,

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    They don't donate to Unicef, it is better to have $$$ in their jeans...actually, LCW give 20% winnings to CJ and LD to split to go shopping and another 5% to LYB for helping out....LOL!!:p:D

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u lost ur christmas gift by spelling wrong
    too bad:p

lol
    of course u surprise because u dont know ko/yoo are the korea number 1 md after asian games:p

16. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    It was good to see the 5 titles at stake at the 2010 HK Badminton Open Super Series won by players from 5 different countries.
    The competition was very competitive in the 4 matches which did not involve all-Chinese opponents.
    Hong Kong is one country which is not biased towards players from any country in the staging of badminton tournaments and the players felt comfortable and had the belief that they could win there.
    The umpires, service judges and linemen were overall very professional and there was even a case where the umpire over-ruled a lineman’s out-call for a shot by SN in her WS match against WXS who was riled by the over-rule. That decision could be the turnaround for SN’s comeback and win. It was the 1st win ever by an Indian woman. The last win by an Indian man was 28 years ago.

TH did very well in the 1st game in the MS match against LCW and led 19-17 but LCW snatched the next 4 points to win at 21-19. Thereafter TH lost steam and went down tamely in the 2nd game and lost 21-9. TH was expected to give a better fight in the 2nd game and that made the MS match a disappointment. But nothing could be taken away from LCW whose easy win against the world number three shows why he is the world number one.
    The XD match was a delight to watch especially the rubber game where it was so difficult for the players to close out the winning points. ZN/ZYL were unlucky to lose again and maybe they will win again soon.
    The MD match between MK/HS and KSH/YYS was a cracker and no doubt one of the best MD matches ever. Both pairs were very explosive and played all out and one could see the intense reaction of the spectators. No doubt the Koreans deserved their hard-earned win but their one glaring weakness was in their defense where they tended to stay far back from the front of the court and were caught many times by the delicate drop shots from the Indonesians.
    It is a bit worrying that KKK/TBH do not play with the same sort of intensity that the Indonesians and Koreans do and it would not be easy for KKK/TBH to beat them unless they make the necessary changes and Rexy should see to it or break the pairing so that Malaysia has credible pairs for the 2012 OG.

:D:D:D:D:D

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

BOLEH... BOLEH... BOLEH.... hehe :)

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    The real problem for HKG OPen is service fault record..
    I have never seen so many service fault on Single players, at least over 16 times in last 6 days, receiver's fault is also another record, Xu Chen got twice, Greysia Polii got it, over 10 times...for service faults in Double, is over 90 times during tournaments..all players complained that there is no standards..of course there are real service faults but not too many...I have been in many tournaments, this is the worst one in term of service fault...

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u sure they need this little money?
    lyb had big business
    a few hundred dollar wont even pay for lyb daily expenses
    haha

20. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

@Hauge : good eyes....nice catch...:p