Li-Ning Singapore Youth International 2010

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by Sealman, Nov 8, 2010.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's another hard-fought victory for Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Arya Maulana Aldiartama as they progress to R16. But Jeka Wiratama/Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho failed to progress. It's okay...they are only 14 this year!

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    imho this was the most interesing match of the evening. the taiwanese put up a very good fight and i thought the djarum boys were a bit too relaxed (or is this their usual style?).

must say this year the taiwanese clubs have sent a strong contingent for this tournament. (sadly the singapore national juniors lost easily to these club players) but i believe the strongest contender for the u17 boy doubles would be ivanudin/sudrajat representing dki jakarta. does anyone know the full name of this indonesian club?

3. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    They are from Pelatda DKI Jakarta.
    It's not a club actually,
    it is like a regional training centre.
    just like Pelatnas PBSI, but Pelatnas is for national, Pelatda is for regional/province.
    this pelatda is run by PBSI DKI Jakarta.

i have said before, Panji Akbar maybe the best one. he is a serial qf-ist and sf-ist in some national circuit U-19. he is 16 yo i think.
    but Panji is a BS naturally. not sure, how well he play in BD.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Taufik Hidayat played in BSU15

I did not watch any of the doubles games on Tuesday but I just saw from the results that Taufik Hidayat partnered Danang Hariandika in the BDU15 to defeat Singapore's Chng Jun Xian and Joshua Ng 21-15, 21-12 yesterday. Of course this is not the famous TH that we know unless he is being cloned. :D

This much younger TH has a big letter "M" before his name to avoid any infringement of copyright perhaps. :p

Just wonder whether he is also a TH lookalike. Anybody took any pics of him?

#44 Loh, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yet another victory for Kevin/Arya as they progress to QF.

6. DaveZZ79

DaveZZ79 Regular Member

Ratchanok is killing the competition, it seems. Not fair she's allowed to participate.:D

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Ratchanok should not even play anymore in the junior circuit as she gains nothing during the process. Winning this title here won't even add to her ranking points. Very strange really.

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Ratchanok is representing her thai club in this tournament so believe its more of a club commitment.

I watched her play in the last 16 round of U19 GS and the U17 GD yesterday. Do not see any stiff competition for her the U19 GS but her partner in the U17 GD is very weak. They played 'mix doubles' style with her partner standing at the front and Ratchanok covering the back. Ratchanok and her partner won their match against the taiwanese girls but you could see Ratchanok was exhausted after the game. I like her 'never give up' atitude despite losing the first game and was trailing behind in the second game.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...D1AD58-64D5-42CA-93E4-7B78FB687228&player=790

Bearing in mind she is only 15 years old (?), I hope she doesnt suffer burn out and remain injury free in her professional career. All the best to her!

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Quarter Finals Day

Today is QF day for those who survived the earlier rounds. :D

It is a chance to see the region's better youths in action and since the office is very quiet, I'm taking the opportunity to take the afternoon off to be at YCK Sports Hall. ;)

I'm more interested in the older participants, say from U15 onwards and especially the U19 to see whether we have any talent who may be able to make it to the senior ranks of their respective countries.

An analysis of the number of country representatives who will play in the QF:

Singles

BSU15 - THA 3, SIN 3, MAS 2
    GSU15 - MAS 2, THA 2, INA 2, IND 1
    BSU17 - THA 3, INA2, TPE 2, HKG 1
    GSU17 - INA 3 and 1 each for PHI, HKG, TPE, SIN, THA
    BSU19 - THA 3, SIN 2, HKG 1, TPE 1, PHI 1 (SIN seeded 1 & 2 but THA is always the dark horse. :p)
    GSU19 - HKG 3, TPE 3, THA 1, SIN 1 (RI in action :))

Doubles

BDU15 - TPE 2, INA 2, MAS 2, THA 1, SIN 1
    GDU15 - MAS 3, SIN 2, THA 1, TPE 1, HKG 1
    BDU17 - TPE 4, INA 3, SIN 1 (TPE seems strongest in this event. :cool:)
    GDU17 - THA 2, INA 2, HKG 1, TPE 1, IND 1, AUS/SIN 1 (RI in action :D)
    BDU19 - THA 2, INA 2, TPE 1, HKG 1, SIN 1, PHI 1
    GDU19 - TPE 3, INA 2, SIN 2, HKG 1

#49 Loh, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  10. naistav

naistav Regular Member

INA is really should be alerted. Many of youngsters lost to THA today in this tournament.

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    That would make sense if this is an event to get national glory in Thailand, the club's home ground...

Given the current information that we have, yes, it does not make sense... Maybe we don't have all the information, thus this move only seem senseless... or... maybe the Thai Badminton Association / Inthanon's club management are just as incompetent as the ones we have in INA... :p

#51 Krisna, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm now watching the doubles events which started at 6 pm.

I've enjoyed the singles matches earlier in the afternoon.
    Most of them were well matched and certainly of a higher standard. There were no upsets but the BSU19 #1 seed, Adrianus (SIN) was almost knocked out by THA Inkarat in 3 games of 21-12, 17-21, 22-20 in 60 min, perhaps the longest for the entire afternoon. Popular star Ratchanok was mAde to struggle in 3 games too, after losing the first game 20-22 to HKG's Cheung Ngan Yi. But RI recovered to win the next 2 games 21-17, 21-11 in 50min.

SIN's girls played to expectation and some made it tto tomorrow's SF. I managed to take a pic with both Ratchanok and Adrianus and hope to post them here later.

Meanwhile the hall is getting hot again despite some rain and the matches are getting hotter with supporters rooting for their respective heroes.

Bye2 for now.

13. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Wow...!!! Look at the BD U17 event, 3 Semifinalist comes from INA. What a good result...

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yes....INA dominates the BD U-17. I hope Kevin/Arya will win this one and their main obstacle could just be Hafiz Faizal/Putra Eka Rhoma.

Meanwhile, in BD U-19, Selvanus Geh seems to have found himself a better partner than Ericsson Rusdianto? They beat the strong HKG-pair of Ng Ka Long/Tan Chun Hei. Ng won the WJC bronze-medal with Lee Chun Hei this year after beating the AJC champion Kang Ji Wook/Choi Seung Il.

15. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yeah, but for other discipline and age, not too good.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how old is selvanus?

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Selvanus Geh, 17 y.o (born 1993)
    He looked like younger version of Hendra Setiawan, He is tall and play fastly in front of the net.

Someone has influenced him too much by paired with Ericsson Rusdianto and the combination didn't look good.

18. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Aditya Rizky Firmansyah, won in Semifinal BS U-13. Is this the same boy with a talented Aditya Rizky Firmansyah from Surabaya ? If yes, I don't know, how he can represent Singapore??.. I think, he is from Hi-Qua WIMA club, Surabaya. Wima has a very good relationship with Singapore. Few years ago, Some of Singapore shuttlers come from Wima like Febryan Irvannaldy and Riky Widianto. Both of them are in Pelatnas now... 3 years ago, Aditya Rizky won in a tournament in Malaysia (for kid level U-11)

#58 fathonezic, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  19. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Lya Ersalita goes to final GS U-15.. I never watch Lya play before....anyone know how she play?how about posture? :)

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Selvanus Geh is another promising INA MD talent... INA promising MD between ages 17-20 today are future Olympic medalists in the 2016 Olympics! Rio and the Brazilians will witness their prowess firsthand! ;)