2011 Malaysia Open SS: Day 4 Quarter-Finals (Friday 21-Jan)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    According to Badzine.net Lin Dan discover the recurring injury when he was stretching and warming to prepare for his game today. He was examined by the Malaysian doctor and advised to take a rest hence the withdrawal.

2. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    I think Chai/Zhendong are still strong to be defeated.
    But anything can happen here.. :D
    Hopefully, Ahsan/Bona can do their best... :):):)

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

NOBODY questions LYB decision ;)

4. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Was Lindan's walkover really a surprise. I predicted it and so did the newspaper. Fortunately this time, nobody bothered to write Lindan a love letter like some youngster did 2 years ago or it will be total embarassment.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You should check Badzine and Han's earlier post that LD was checked by a BWF medical staff, then by a MAS doc and given a medical certificate to rest and WO...not LYB (that poor guy got blamed again, I think the next earthqualke in CHN is blamed on him too:D:p)...I still convinced LD wants to win this MO11, Pjswift said LD was in top form, and if LD is not interested in winning MO11, why bother flying into KL, given that MO11 is not on OLY12 WR points, and give WO...also, LD has a much better chance against LCW than any other CHN players.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

He likes picking up air miles :p he must have a lot of air miles now, he can afford a round the world trip with the amount that he has:)

I like LYB, but I would like him more if he brought back Zheng Bo.:)

It's good to see (from my point of view anyway) that Blair/White are still in it.:)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wang shi xian have been the china number one long time ago;)

he get booed after the annoucement

who?:eek:

this malaysian doctor must be so patriotic to advise lin dan to withdraw:D

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so,this is the 3 consecutive quater final that lin dan walkover
    good luck to his reputation;)

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe,lin dan was there yesterday night(round two) to watch both lcw and chen long game
    as for the injury,thanks to the patriotic doctor:p

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, today was filled with zero surprises. including LD's walkover.

maybe tomorrow will be more exciting...

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    honestly
    upset doesnt mean anything(exciting or whatever) if u didnt witness and cheered that match(at least for me)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    after the badminton session
    me,kilod,ronnie14 and aeide went for mamak session
    going to sleep now
    good night

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    It is a disappointment for sure that LD could not play as there is no better match than a LD-LCW matchup, SF or F. I would be more disappointed if LD concede WO, throwing the game on team order as happened in the past (admitted by LYB). But this time, with MAS doctor and BWF medical officials overseeing this incident, and approving it with a medical certificate, I don't think it is fair to blame on LD or CHN team. Bolehs fans may want to blame the Malaysian doc instead...Is the doc graduate from UM?

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The problem is if you do it(walk) too often then you lose the credibility and support from fan, even the faithful ones. You think Lin Dan will allow walk when playing player from other nations under the same situation? I don't think LD will even consult the Malaysian doctor :D Heck, Taufik having more serious foot injury and older but still continue to play that's why he's among the most popular among fan. For that, I also admire Chong Wei, he always try his best, win or lose.

14. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

i'm very upset about Lin Dan's withdraw. i'm chinese, but i have to say this has no sportsmanship. i hope it is LYB, not LD, is playing dirty, and cheap, tricks again.

i'm rooting for LCW and CL now.

c'mon, LYB, be a man.

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Agree with underlined above...Still, it comes down to doc approval, if LD uses the doc as a shield to justify the WO, all the power to him. As for TH playing with 'more serious foot injury and older' oh, heck, that is his perogative, I don't think he should cos he may jeopardize his career.

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    LD will be fully recovered by any injury from May 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012...by that time..Any CHN players will get injured/fatique when they meet LD in those period tournaments

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I have argued in the past of LYB match fixing with WOs to LD when playing LCW or TH, and that is not fair to fans and damage the game itself. On future match fixing and WO's to LD as you said, I would not be surprised if that trend continues.
    This particular incident, I am stressing again and again, lies in the medical doctor approval of WO to BWF medical staff. If LD used the doc as a shield to get a WO to CL for whatever reason, heck, all the power to him to use this strategy...basically it comes down to fans and you all questioning the doc's call alluding that somehow BWF medical staff and a malaysian doctor is conspiring with LD and LYB (btw, is LYB in KL or directing this show from Beiging?) to get a legal WO to CL. There is other way LD could do a WO, he could put on a show and walk through a game to let CL cruise to a win;)

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Thisis reported in Badzine 'Jane Wheatley, the Chief Referee of the Proton Malaysia Open Super Series Badminton Championships, has announced that Lin Dan will grant a walkover in his quarter-final match – scheduled on Friday evening in Bukit Jalil – to Chen Long. In the press conference, Wheatley said that Lin had discovered the recurring injury when he was stretching and warming up in preparatation for his match today.
    A Malaysian doctor from the Sports Medicine University did a medical examination on him. The doctors advised Lin to rest and do physiotherapy. Wheatley added that the doctor said Lin’s left abdominal muscle should not be further aggravated. A letter confirming Lin’s injury has been given to the Chief Referee'.

If it is LYB team order to LD to WO or LD put on a no-sweat show to let CL win easily, I can understand the scorn from fans in this forum. Are you saying the malaysian doctor risk his/her medical reputation to conspire with LD or LYB, and for what? This game is already 'damaged' from years of match fixing, I am sure BWF is watching this and this time, BWF actually approved it.
    Future WO, match-fixing, etc, I would not bet my donkey that LYB would not do it, but this time, with BWF and malaysian doc involved, well.....

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    fact is that, with the way they train, most of the players are injured in one way or another. Chinese players in particular, many of them are all wrapped up in bandages and protective tapes. i remember seeing ZhangYW after the HK Open, and after that hard match, she was in a lot of pain taking off her tapes. in WC2005 XXF told me personally how she was playing even with injuries in her arm.

they are able endure a little bit of pain, they are trained to do so. it is not whether they are injured or not, most of them are injured. but whether they choose to play even with injury. and how much they would use that injury as a tool to avoid a match. or in some cases, use it as an excuse after losing a match.

20. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    So Ld was injured ?