Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes Yang Yang is my childhood badminton hero :)

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I mean what happen to LD not LCW :)

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Come on bros , here , let's give Lin dan a break here !

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

It's not Lin Dan who is getting the heat from BCers. It is LYB, actually. Anyway, I think we all should relax, no matter how long this thread will become, there is nothing we can do about it besides arguing whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' or whether LD was really injured or not. We are not the tournament doctor, a China player in the team nor LYB so we can only speculate...

5. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    This sort of cheating goes on in every sport, but it's always soo cheeky the authorities can't do anything about it.
    LD pulling out to allow team mates to progress, none of the badminton board are doctors, even if they were has anybody here ever made an injury sound a bit worse because by the time the doctor sees you, your injury only hurts when you do certain things. Well if somebody told LD how to fake the pain of that injury he could easily trick a doctor.
    LD owes us as spectators nothing. He owes China a lot, he has to obey to team orders and do what is best for China, and his profile in China.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Looking at LD's style, he would probably go to a backstreet in KL to finish a whole pot of overnight laksa so that he can get diarrhoea.:p C'mon, isn't he the greatest?

Great post.

If the player says he got injury (pain inside the body) what could the doctor do?
    Pray for his quick recovery? My foot.

Or BAC in 2008 where he also deliberately lost to CJ.

#106 nokh88, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bros .. think about it .. there will be no end if we keep arguing over this issue.

Now Malaysia open is over .. Let's get over it. Life has still need to carry on ..

Let us look forward to coming Tuesday 5 star tournament USD 1.2 million korea open.

#107 Ferrerkiko, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Even if you bought ticket to watch it live ?

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lyb is not in town,maybe a skype or phone call;)

well,i wont agree on this
    this rule will only produce hypocrites;)
    if there is no player like lin dan,it wont show how committed and sporting lcw,taufik/peter gade are;)
    lin dan should blame no one excepts lyb and himself for his reputation getting worse every time he walkover;)

u are not paying,u can say it cool and steady
    u think the crowd come for the pretty wang shi xian?
    the good looking chai biao?
    sorry,80%of them is there for lcw vs ld;)

u are saying ld and/or lyb is selfish as they dont practice the 'extreme justice'?:confused:

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LD did not mindlessly bow to team manager.They were done for him. EG, if LD did not lose to CJ in AE08 and BAC08, CJ would not have qualified for OG08 to help LD win OG08. All these set ups have been planned with LD's long term objectives in mind.

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I am sure the BWF is aware of the repercussions of LD's withdrawals due to injury on 3 successive SS tournaments. There are rules and disciplinary action on this but there is also a clause for justified withdrawal. Only bona fide proof of injury, illness, bereavement, and other emergency situations are accepted. Therefore responsibility to ensure proof of any such bona fide evidence is with the BWF, not with LYB, the CBF or with LD.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    BWF can't afford to offend CBF.

13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Great post dear friend... Kudos!:D

14. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    IMHO, should they win without such luxury, they're what we should call "a great player" cos despite their lacking (in teammates to help them), they manage to earn their own success and glory...

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So, some more "speculation"...

Again: what sort of example is LD setting for the millions of young people who look up to him as their idol???
    "It's OK to manipluate the system, just as long as you don't get caught."
    A fine example!!!!

Some people will say, he has no choice, he has to do what he is told to do. I call that a lame excuse for a person who has a convenient set of values.

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is good to see players like Chong Wei and Taufik expressed their opinion about the common/routine WO among Chinese players and even better we as a fan to express our disgust thru this forum and make it as loud as we can to impact China future decision on WO. Lin Dan may in fact withdrew due to injury but please don't treat the fan like ignorant, most of us are players also, we understand injury and we also capable spotting unsportmanship with WO ...
    Can the forum setup somesort of survey about fan reaction/agreement with Lin Dan WO? I think is good to let Lin Dan know about his popularity statistic, if he cares at all?

17. ZSLASHER

ZSLASHER Regular Member

IMO, I think that LD found LCW too strong this time round thus decided to withdraw.
    He might not want LCW to build up his confidence against him which may cause him to lose the upcoming KO.
    Probably it is due to this tatic that LCW still "fears" LD till this date..
    & I do not think that LD will care much about BWF's punishment as he will be going to play the CBL.
    (maybe except the incoming KO)
    This are my 2 cents :)

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Been told that certain injuries cant be proved by Doc 100%..
    BWF knows it but it is not easy to prove.
    The whole root of the problem is ALWAYS that badminton is not PROF sport. As Long as Badminton players cant register themselves but only by association...

These things will go on and on.

There is no points to force LD play...I saw many matches, even in IO 2009, CJ vs LD in quarter final, 3rd set, ( many China fans from INA will tell you) that LD purposely lost that match by either hitting to net or out.....too obvious...also he told transport organizer at that morning to get to him to airport next day ( before he played his quarter final match).

Again, that system allows it.
    I suggest not to blame any Chinese players...trust me! They are really nice but they cant do anything. Proof? okay in 2007 or 2008 ( I forgot which year) in Guang Zhou.
    CHN MD vs Joko Riyadi/Hendra A.G.
    The service judge is from China..the player did very illegal serve, INA MD protested. INA MD lost because it was 21-20, with that serve, China won 22-20.
    That " retired" CHN MD went to toilet to find Hendra AG and Joko ( I was there) He apologized personally for that serve and told us that he had been asked by the coach to do that serve .He felt bad.Again he apologized, not once but twice...
    Since then BWF changed the rule that service judge has to be from other country ( BWF changed after KOREA Open)
    I still believe that CHN players wanted to play and they do not want to lose to their team mates...

19. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Well like others have said, CHN giving CHN a walkover is not unheard of (being diplomatic sounding here). So fans who do buy the tickets should do so with caution. A major reason why I have always chosen to follow badminton on livestreams/livescores. That said, yes, I would be pretty pissed if I actually spent I-don't-know-how-much to buy the tickets and the players didn't show up. Hell I was pretty pissed when LHI gave LCW a WO in some tournament a while back and I wasn't even there. Then again my experience would be pretty ruined if I had to sit through AE'08 MSF. Unless Lin Dan threw his racket into the crowd and I caught it. And agree to sign it and a bazillion other merchandise when I talk to him. And treats me to dinner and fine wine afterwards.

Believe it or not I'm actually a big LD fan. Sure that I'm disappointed that the LD LCW matchup didn't happen, but I expected this from the start so I'm not too affected. And really, I think everyone is giving LD unfair flak for something that is probably out of his control. Blame LYB/CBF all you want. LD is just following orders.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's quite true. If you are employed, you have to listen to the employer.

If you are self-employed as a professional, then you decide yourself wether to play or not.