Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

2. Still Counting. Who's the third?

I understand that you are feeling very deprived at the moment as you don't get to see your idol in action for a long time. It's akin to a soldier who's far away from his wife and he will need another avenue to vent his frustration. What makes thing worse is, there is a good indication that LD will keep this WO trend for a long time. I can sympathize your frustration and understand your need to channel your anger here once in a while. I can also see your need to rely on LD's past glory(OG 2008,sudirman cup etc) to quench your thirst as you know better that you won't be seeing LD in action in many moons to come.

And regarding facts...You could also dig out LD's history where he lost tamely to TH in AG2002, WC 2005, AG2006 and to LHI in german open 2003. Please also don't conveniently forget LD's pathetic lost in EAG 2009 where he lost to a player without having a ranking at that time.
    I can go on, but does that make him a bad player? No. Fact is nobody wins all the time. Learn to deal with him and give credit where it is due.

This is the last time I am going to respond to the negative post of yours. Feel free to disagree, but I am out of this discussion.

#5081 lcleing, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Many of us are celebrating LCW's success today

While many of us are celebrating LCW's success today, you have reminded us of LCW's past failures. :(:(:(

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Hahaha, third would be poor Chen long, no?

It doesn't matter, lee chong wei is champion and money in the pocket :D

Awesome display tonight:D

So awesome it wakes up some haters. Lol

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LCW is a true badminton player and an ambassador to the sport . Playing when he is in tip top condition and also when he is not. LD is a chicken and sent his younger teammate out to be slaughtered. CL must be cursing.

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Wow....... I can't believe you are still sore over the fact that LCW won the All Endland last year. Get over it man. Go get yourself a girlfriend or something. What a sad man.

6. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Lindan's diet consist of too much KFC these days. Need to eat more burger king.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LCW - Legend

I had posted this on another thread some time back. But I think it is appropriate to have this post in this thread.

Lee Chong Wei: Legend of modern-day Badminton

Last time I checked, AE was a SS event. Just like MAS SS, INA SS, Japan SS etc. Can anyone say that those events are not fought for by the best in the world? Or were not fought for? If CHN chooses not to send their best to say, MAS or INA Open for fear of the partisan crowd, well then, it's no different at the China Open either!

So under these circumstances, to have won so many SS titles (often with the best CHN competition around) is no small achievement, by any standard. Yes, there will always be people around to belittle a player and his achievements, and to that I say, "yeah, whatever." :rolleyes:

Rashid was a great player, no doubt, but he didn't bring the Thomas Cup home single-handed. MAS had some really good players doing their thing in 1992; remember, they also knocked out China in the semis at that time. It was a team effort. A really good team effort.

LCW has achieved everything he has, often despite the system, and with the singular handicap of not having a strong MAS singles contingent to back him up anywhere at all. He has succeeded in maintaining his high standards for such a long time despite all the bitching and squabbling. He has taken his overworked body week after week for years, all over the globe, representing his country at the highest levels of the game with great dignity and great success. He deserves respect. He deserves our applause. He deserves our thanks. He has made this game worth watching.

Like Ivan Lendl, a tennis giant and legend of his time was once described, you sure can use the same words to describe Lee Chong Wei as "the greatest over-achiever in the history of the game."

I am not a Malaysian, but I sure recognize a great player when I see one. I would not hesitate to name LCW as a modern-day legend of the game, because he has achieved more than almost anyone else, despite the odds that have mostly always been stacked against him. This cannot be disputed. There will still be people who belittle him, but IMO, they only expose their own pettiness.

The original post was at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...lympic-Title&p=1578292&viewfull=1#post1578292

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei is a hell of a player and Lindan is a legend himself....... despite the cheap moves. The problem usually arise from the jia you fanatic which we have a load here. This is their breeding ground.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what's AE got to do with it? since you mentioned it, the current no 1 and the best coach the world has ever seen (cough, cough) has ONE title between them after more than 40 years of trying as player/coach.

and the great badminton powerhouse, MAS has 3 titles for the last 53 years.

and LD has only 4 AE titles, poor him.

still pound of them? of course you're, what else have you got?

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think Alan Y should make discussions on other threads.

When you enter threads like this it becomes very emotional and bolehans become very unethical and immature and resort to

name calling and childish insults liked "Jiayou" and joker and bully you like in Malaysian schools and in daily life because they are the majority. They just cant accept other people's views and resort to putting people down and belittling them like the majority in Parliament.

Bolehans have practically taken over BC and have practically frightened away many other posters by their Gang tactics,

if you want to have rational and unbiased and objective discussions use other threads where you will have less harassment.

After reading many threads and input from posters it is pointless to argue, you will see a profile of the posters and will know what they are going to say .

I myself no longer want to participate in threads where this situation prevails, I do so in other threads (where posts appear out of topic for this reason) or open new threads.

I am no blindly loyal Bolehan neither do I discredit local badminton , rather loyal to badminton rather than country's badminton as I am not a politician.

So be happy and dont waste time against a brick wall.

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Let me be neutral here for a short while :D

If you didn't start your earlier post like what you did,

you won't get responses like this :D

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

wow... within two weeks, LCW is richer by appx RM$200,000... if he win Korea Open SS, his total winning for January could be appx RM$350,000... wow... BOLEH!!!

13. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Here is an advise from Dr. Evil. Practice what you preach. On one end, you lambast jiayou and joker name calling as childish but on the other end, you are quick to use the "bolehan" term.

What a joke. Happy?

14. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

What does AE got to do with it? Why ask me? You are the one who was having a seizure when Chong Wei bag the title. I guess you have alzheimer now.
    Pound on them?? Whatever the heck are you saying? Did you read my advise of getting a girlfriend. Seems like you desperately need it. Pounding....... yeah it shows.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Ban those bolehans who are very unethical and immature

Perhaps our BC admin/moderators can ban those bolehans who are very unethical and immature. :p:p:p

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Lol...Thats why we need all kinds of doctors... hahaha :)

17. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Why not, and we should also ban those like to use the term bolehan. :)

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Well, you brought it on yourself, by saying such things in LCW thread, of all places, on the day he won MO 2011, lol. :p
    And this is not 1st time China fans did so. If non China fans as much whisper something on LD in LD thread, all hell breaks loose, which has happened before.
    So, who emotional? Same2 also, what goes around will come around.

19. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Seriously, does a lot of people do that? I'm not a Lindan fan and have never bother go to through his thread, much less write crap on his thread. Some blind but self proclaim neutral fanboy claim that the forum is overrun by MAS fans but from what I see, the gila China fans is the majority here.

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LCW is super fit... winning two back-to-back tournaments... can he sustain his high energy in Korea Open SS? The weather is freezing in Seoul, I will send him 冬虫草...