Unprofessional Datuk Lee

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by pralinescream, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Why not win it in a relaxed manner?

But also think for LCW. :):):)

If LCW thinks he is sure to win, why not win it in a relaxed manner?

Why must LCW try win with a BIGGER score difference (to demolish TH)? :confused::confused::confused:

#61 chris-ccc, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I think Limsy got a point there and it was also mention by TH in the press conference... As long as the fans like it, I dont mind doing it..

Again it was not played like there is no competitive value. I enjoyed watching it....

3. co_chinesee

co_chinesee Regular Member

Are you refering to LD here? Speak out, don't hold your words :)

Are you accusing?

Are you China supporter who life in Malaysia?

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I reiterate we should ban the use of Jiyou and bolehan but people are still abusing it especially using Jiayou and no one is protesting. So like LCW i assume it is alright for name calling like "joker" etc.,tit for tat.

As for Hartono, losing to Prakash, I am tired of repeating this old story,let someone else re-tell it.

5. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

All I am saying is that if LCW intention was good then he didn't really do a good job. In fact, he did the exact opposite and the outcome is the insult of his very good friend. Think about it, so TH should treat him a dinner to thank him by letting him win a few pity points? What an insult to a former Olympic champion. And to be honest, LCW still has not reach the glory of TH yet. TH has Olympic, Asian Games, World Championship under his belt and LCW still yet to have those. Though the level of playing is very much inclined to LCW now but TH is still considered more successful than LCW in terms of the world title he holds.

6. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Just let it go la.. dont be so childish about it... have a heart man.

I dont see whats the deal in giving TH a few points and have the whole world enjoy the showcase of 2 great players...

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    @Wildstone: with respect, I don't think Taufik will misunderstand LCW's statements. They both know the truth and accept the trth that LCW would be the eventual winer; they also know the audience are aware of their relationship and trust, and that they are treating the viewers to a good game where the conclusion was almost foregone, after a point. So the "giving face" and stuff didn't really come into the equation. Taufik kinda wears his emotions on his sleeve (yeah I know the outfit is sleveless :D) and he also knows no one is being fooled. They both respect each other and the other's achievements, and are comfortable with the present status quo.

The "professionals" are not accusing each other of "unprofessional conduct." The problem is not with them.

#67 cobalt, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  8. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I like this very much... LCW respect TH thats why he did what he did...

9. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I strongly agree with your statement..

10. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I also thought it was a bit weird to go and publicly state that he "let" him catch up a bit. But I'll let it slide. I'm sure it wasn't his intention to disrespect Taufik.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

+2

Although perhaps LCW could have been more tactful in the post game interview...

I have seen the match on youtube, but the end is cut-off, ... currently downloading from sendspace, hopefully the post game interview is there.

12. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

i think the moderator should shut this thread as it will be a never-ending arguments. the fact is, LCW won the match. no point arguing on this matter anymore.

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Even Chen Hong had to give WOs to chinese players when he played Professionally.

14. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Both the players at the post game interview admitted that they know of each party's intention. Even so that gave each other so much respect.. LCW hugged TH, as a player i think it is not easy to hug your opponent unless you have some degree of respect. Just like how LCW hug his coach..

Please bear in mind i am not i LCW fan, but i like moments like these cause it shows so much humanity and kindness.

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Moral of the story for LCW. Never relax. He only relaxed for 3 or 4 points. But this 3 or 4 points put the wind back in Taufik's sail. One thing we can be sure of is that LCW never intended for Taufik to catch up to 15 points (not to mention to within a point later). At 18-17, it became a test of character for LCW, which he passed. If it doesn't kill him, it will make him stronger.

16. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

But, it seems like Taufik enjoy it..

Taufik, the 2000 Malaysia Open champion, admitted that he lost to a better player but threw a challenge to Chong Wei before leaving to catch a flight for Seoul.
    “He was so fast and played well. He again showed that he is the king when it comes to the Super Series events,” said Taufik.
    “I think he gave me a chance in the second game.”
    In jest, Taufik said: “Maybe he wanted to stay longer on the court to keep the fans happy.”

On the serious note, Taufik said: “I hope he can achieve the same in major tournaments like the world championships and Olympic Games. He shows great strength, physically and mentally, in the Super Series tournaments but somehow does not produce his best in major events.
    “As for me, I will switch my attention to the South Korea Open. I wish that they had offered big prize money like this when I was much younger. Now, I have extra motivation to win there.”

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    You are absolutely right.

18. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

No need to shut la.. like that add more spice in the sports... Just like football, a debut to use high tech gadget to overwrite the referees decision is being blown off.. Think in this way, if e v time we need to STOP the ball and playback to judge a decision.. Do u think football is fun to watch.. To me, it is part of the games...

19. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    It could be that TH really caught up with his own strenght and Lcw just said he "gave face" to actually "save face" for himself lol
    Either way bad post match interview. Lets move on.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

just watched the end of the match on youtube...

they're just great friends enjoying being at the centre of the attention that night

and th knows the odds were against him, given their previous h2h record

at the medal presentation, they were joking around, laughing... and th even playfully pushed lcw to the #2 spot of the podium, while both of them were laughing about it

absolutely sporting and gracious of both of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.