Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Back to badminton, but of course, your analogy is taken. :)
    If money (or the supposed lack of it) is the problem, the answer is simple: play more tournaments! :D

If Gold medals are at the centre of the issue, and you need to manipulate your team structure to ensure you get the guys you want in at the starting block, then you have no right to whine about the money.

If you get thrown out of BWF because of consistent manipulation and abuse of the system, you have no one to blame but yourself.

If you are a top China player and want to play badminton (but have to "sacrifice" games) and want money, security, fame and are just not sure what will happen in another 2-3 years, the solution is simple: defect! :D

All other players from all other countries want to make money. They make money. They also work their butts off every day, with much less than the resources the CBA provides for its players. They do not throw matches; or make pathetic excuses; or make miraculous recoveries.

As Hauge pointed out, maybe LD is just a pawn, a puppet. Fine. The point is, there is one body/association that is getting away with dishonesty and unethical maneuvering, and some people try to say its for their national glory; then for more money; then for their uncle's retirement fund. Please choose one excuse and stay with it. Can you guys manage even that?

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

All you've attempted to in your last two major posts is to justify or excuse a pattern of bad behaviour. What you've ended up doing is providing a rambling diatribe with little logical coheasion.

#282 thunder.tw, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. thunder.tw

I've got 17 pages that says no :rolleyes:.

#283 thunder.tw, Jan 28, 2011
  4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Civilised like posts 261 and 262?

Anyway let the mods monitor.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Yes but in one of your impressive posts you stated this matter of WO is not limited to China, other teams would have and did

such things if they had a team deep enough.Here we have people pinning things on a certain country

and not the specific malpractice of WO.Maybe the old practice of "friendship first and competition later"

should make a comeback.

Pt. no.3 post 210.

#285 Bbn, Jan 28, 2011
  6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Thank you for your advice but i dont need you to tell me what I should do in this forum, and neither should I tell you what you should do.

7. thunder.tw

Indeed I did and nothing has changed in that regard. But, I don't understand how that relates to the text of mine that you have quoted. In that text and the message it is a part of I am rebutting a rather weak attempt to justify the behavior of the Chinese team. I would write the same if the poster was defending the same actions by any other country.

Edit: I see you added a bit while I was responding: To be fair, the people attacking those posters for their unfavorable attitude towards WOs have typically invoked China and LYB in their posts. Like it or not China is the country currently employing this 'tatic' so naturally they and LD are going to be discussed. Just because it is reasonable to speculate that other teams would do the same if they had the ability to do so doesn't make the actions of the Chinese team any less shameful.

Though I agree with your over all point that it is not constructive to rant against a specific country or individual in trying to discuss possible solutions to this problem.

#287 thunder.tw, Jan 28, 2011
  8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I see but I am actually referring to the incessant attacks on many things Chinese by other posters.
    Some of these statements are presumptious and boils down to bashing and touch on peoples' sensitivities and
    borders on politics.try reading some of them ?
    Basically certain people do not want to view values and social systems from another culture's
    lens and are viewing it basically from one that he/she is comfortable with.JONC is simply trying to present another point of view.I think the discussion should just center on badminton or team China.
    it could also boil down to perception of what are ETHICS.
    I think JONC is wasting his breath ,its like playing music to a buffalo,just leave it.
    If Thunder.tw assuming you have Chinese roots would you consider 36 strategies of warfare very ethical, but it is used in business worldwide to WIN.

#288 Bbn, Jan 28, 2011
  9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indeed! A sentiment sadly lacking in many places! This is long overdue. But I do wonder if it is anymore a likely scenario, given the demonstrated priorities. Sadly... :(

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Ha ,ha Cobalt I think you better cease and desist.

You are touching on very sensitive topics and tantamount to big brother telling what little brother should do like human rights ,
    democracy etc. etc. You have to understand first the Political, Economic ,Social and Technological situation in a country or culture before you make value judgments.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Bbn, for the record:

I do not "talk down" to anyone. I respond to a specific post on the merit of the contents of the post. I am not stupid, or blind, or unable to percieve when a point of view is presented with a certain slant.

I do not preach human rights, or democracy. Maybe you have not taken enough time to carefully read the posts to which I have responded. I recognize a certain situation that has been discussed (often heatedly :D) over not just this thread, but many, many more. I offer a view. Like ever view offered, it will have a certain personal flavour.

But I do not condemn an entire race or nation on the basis of the actions of a few. That is utterly stupid! :eek:

I know exactly what post of mine you have in mind when you have written what you have above. Let me be clear: My statement of doubt is based on ("the evidence presented so far") of the actions of the representatives of that country. Let me ask you: do these privileged people, who are called on to represent their country, not feel the need to present themselves, their actions and by extension their country in the best possible light? Is this not true of everyone in such a position?

I don't see you warn Jonc108 that he could be "touching on very sensitive topics" etc when he writes...
    Again, you bring up the issue of "value judgements" and my possible lack of understanding of the "Political, Economic ,Social and Technological situation in a country or culture." Is that not a kind of value judgement on your part? :)

I could go on about Ethics and a fundamental value system that used to be universal in its understanding, acceptance and implementation, but I will not. I recognize it is a complete waste of my time and energy.

I am sorry but quite frankly, I do find your line:
    a little offensive personally, because it is tantamount to putting words in my mouth that were never there.

Or, could it be that you are of the opinion that I do not "understand" what happens in Asia, because my Location reads: Canada?

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Whoever they are, including yourself if you think so :)

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thats the whole point, if LD is not actually injured then he's a fake :rolleyes:

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Simple reason: its done by the CHN team, so expect fingers pointed to them, what else should we expect? Should we praise their tactic of winning wars?? Yourself and thunder.tw or maybe others have also mentioned that other countries can/may do the same shame if they are in the same position. I may agree on that, but to me a question of "if" is not a fact and therefore in this case is just enough to be mentioned. ATM its CHN team's shame we discuss here.

Cmon Bbn, it has nothing to do with ETHNICS or anything like that, for the record Im a proud Chinese too and Im not againts Chinese ethnically whatsoever. And i dont see anything on this thread that should be categories as that (otherwise it wont drag this far). What we have here is an attack towards the cowardness of CHN badminton team especially LYB and to some extend LD and co. So on the contrary of your advice, it is actually your self who missjudged the 36 strategies of warfare, why use it when you are not at war.

#294 Yoppy, Jan 28, 2011
  15. thunder.tw

I confess I'm a bit confused by your post or at least what point you are trying to make aside from people are picking on China in this thread. I'm not sure I've seen anything offensively anti-China in this thread on the contrary, I would charactrise a few of the 'pro-China' posts as the more dogmatic. I'll add some specific counter arguments in bold below;

#295 thunder.tw, Jan 28, 2011
  16. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    actually all datuk Lee fans should thanks to Lin Dan. if he doesnt wo then he will beat datuk Lee in the final :D

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes correct. But how about the gain of exp and points CL (or any other CHN youngsters) get by playing LCW or any other top players?

18. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    they will gain exp also from Lin Dan, why must need LCW ??? points also can take from another player .... ???

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Two posts out of 262 posts and counting...is fantastically negligible.If you 're looking for a perfect score, search for threads with 3 posts or less.

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

And they will end up beating LD and not the others?? How about exp in matches rather than practice?? How do they get point if LD stops them?? Please read from page 1 :rolleyes::p