Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

OK my bad then ;)

2. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    any possibility that he is a bit injured ? u know it's better take a rest than force to play then got injured n take a rest for long long time. i think for malaysia open case, it's MALAYSIA doctor who check him and said that he is injured n cant play. do u think he is not professional doctor ? maybe better next time the badminton federation ask selected doctor to check all injured players, maybe it's a good idea so nobody will blame someone that he/she is cheating :D

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Some of bc members has gave very professional comment in this thread,

Some of course don't know what they are talking about.

Feel free to read and you understand more :)

As for my opinion, it's very simple,

If Lin Dan is really injured let him rest,

why push him to play others and give walkover? :D

FYI, Malaysia open and Korea open is only days apart:D

Actually the more important point is not about his injury,

It's how business is done in china ba just to push the younger players up :)

A lot of readers doesn't like this and some express their opinion in such a way

that is annoying the china fans :eek:

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

So you are suggesting everyone to follow suit with implementing 36 strategies or being crushed?? I hope not Bbn, i would like to see sport as sport in its truest meaning. I think human live hard enough and through constant battle of everything. And things like sport, arts,
    etc should stay as what they are meant to be. In comparison to, let say football, there's a league like the serie A where winning is everything and they ended up with a huge corruption case involving big clubs. On the football pitch, Itallian clubs are the most boring to watch.

Sorry to misread your word, but anyhow my answer would remain the same.

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

yes i was banging my table SS could not convert 4 game points. Well to be fair, LD played well also and SS made a few errors.

6. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    i still dont understand this tactic if it's true ... why dont from beginning dont let lindan play, so the the younger player get more experiences. why need lindan 2 play ? if they cant beat other weaker player, then i think they also cant beat lcw. i think lcw's skill is higher than existing active player now. for me it's better they play Park Sun Hwan, Simon, Peter Gade or taufik which has "lower" class than LCW. they will get more experience and their ranks also not bad if they can win/lose, they can still has enough points. Better than beaten 2 sets (maybe 21-5, 21-5) by LCW :p. Beaten like that for me means they can lose confidence n i m not sure they will get any experiences :D.

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I did not say always beat LD didn't I? no one can. You simply missed out the point. The bottom line is, there are several advantage for LD to let the youngsters go through and if you care to read you will know what they are. Im not your nanny to spoon feed that info.

LD stops you at round 1 = you'll get 0 point, LCW stops you at round 2 = you get at least 1 point, does that make sense?

One day that may no longer be the case, LYB is trying that when that happens he has another LD to tame LCW. Thats why he let LD WO, its another reason why, you follow??? :D:D

Peace

8. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    anyway i hope LCW can win at least 1 important tournament like WC or OG. so dont let him bcome Peter Garde 2. Great player who win many tournaments but never win presticious one like wc, og, thomas/uber. hmmm at least he win all england b4.

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I will answer you Yoppy, No, I am not suggesting that everyone wins at all cost, its just the "Fashion" nowadays in many places, 20-30 years ago players like Han Jian or Luan Jin would be very sporting and over-rule the umpire who gave them a point wrongly, nowadays the psyche of people are different,players argue over changing of shuttles etc.You see all the cynical and professional fouls in football.
    I hope you understand because actually I have been speaking in idioms like some others (checking background).To get ahead nowadays certain people simply have no choice but to be ruthless,it is NOT a JUSTIFICATION just the rationale behind it.Its a hard life,everywhere.

#329 Bbn, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

And a legend always has a legacy, and LD legacy is:.......................check post #83 :D

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Cmon man why we are going back to this?? There are many answer already about this silly doctor issue. As i said seriously you should read previous comment before posting

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Damn i hate doing this

Its because LD also needs to gain some points just enough to make him qualify for OG and also to avoid being sanctioned by BWF

13. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    i think it's better just ask LD dont play the tournament when LCW play hahaha
    n for LCW fans (or Malaysia fans) actually it's not LD behaviour that u all need 2 worry,
    it's nobody can backup LCW right now.
    If i m not wrong only WCH and hafiz ???
    if malaysia got more younger talented young players, even LYB cant do anything, right.
    Anyway i remember malaysia got 1 talented young player (he is malay not malaysian chinese) in junior world cup.
    but now never hear anything abt him. where is he now ?
    n hopefully i dont have nanny like u also so no worry, i dont want it.
    Peace also :D ...

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I would advise not harping too much on this.

If you really want to I can post here articles by many ex-Indonesian players confessing how they had to throw matches and make way for others.

So far I have not because I want to preserve their legacy.

15. tkg21

tkg21 New Member

programmer
    n maybe we just hope that Indo, Malaysia, Denmark n Korean has many talented young players so China team cant play the regulation :p

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It is compulsory for LD to participate in Korea & all 5 Premier SS + 4 'normal' SS. If not, BWF fine USD5,000, even with doctor's letter need to do some promo or exhibition match. From May 2011 to Apr 2012, LD will have to participate for OG qualification, China racing for 3 MS in top 4 ranking.
    Someone give this new member BWF site link.

WCH is independent now(retiring mid/end of 2011), Hafiz just only quit BAM. The young malay guy should be Iskandar Zulkarnain, AJC & WJC runner up, 19 now, his ranking too low to participate in SS. Pls go to 'Malaysia Prof Players' sub forum , a lot of info on this.

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

OK i get you. I just hope it does not get worse. BTW, there is a stat that a football team that draw less fauls wins more trophies :)

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Yesterday Tina slammed her racquet to the ground after losing and was given a yellow card .

It seems that now when you receive a card it also comes with a fine.

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Ha ha fooled you . I will NEVER reveal anything, because they are my boyhood idols.

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Posting correction

#340 Yoppy, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011