2011 Korea Open PSS: Finals Day (Sunday 30-Jan)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro , i agreed with u , u seem to know how things goes!

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

If u refer to pjswift, then u should call her sis;)

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ...It is a Sis.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What do you understand about talent?

When a person has talent, he learns fast and with less effort to achieve winning edge skills. LCW only started playing badminton at the age of 11. When do you think CHN players start playing badminton? Do you know how hard team CHN work? Just ask Ma Jin.

5. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    What an amazing match and classic showdown it was.

Although I always maintain a neutral stand as a badminton fan, I've been critical of LCW. Not of his skills but of his antics and bad attitude towards opponents. My previous observation of him was; he had a mindset that he's best of the lot, and loses only it was because of unreasonable circumstances.

But after today's final dual, there's not a doubt in my mind that he is able to change and showed me that he is a player of true caliber. Those cocky attitudes are gone and he is finally able to concentrate on his own game and bring out the best of LD to beat him.

Skill wise and physically I would say both of them are on par. But unfortunately, it was Datuk’s poor temperament and lack of concentration at the finishing line that loses out.

Judging by his performances (at this tourney I meant) I don't think LD is injured and we have to give credit to SS who has definitely improved by leaps and bounds. I would say LD is a very shrewd player who knows how to pace himself and conserve energy for crunch matches. IMO, this is why Datuk who always play his heart out could not get the better of him thus far. Nevertheless, if he could maintain such classy performance like today's and not falter towards the end, I'm confident it won't be long for him to have his day.

Having said all that, I hope die-hard LCW fans could finally be humble enough and come to terms with the fact that “There's always a higher mountain” and give credits and respect to whoever they are due.

Finally, I hope this will settle the debate between LCW and LD die-hard fans;

WORLD No. 1 status undoubtedly belongs to LCW because his attendance and success rate at individual tourneys which offer ranking points is second to none. Judging by his current ranking point's status I don't see any player will be able to surpass him in the near future.

Without a doubt both LCW and LD are the two best players at present. If we were to compare their achievements and head to head, then the rightful candidate for the WORLD'S BEST PLAYER (up till now) must be LD. Our beloved Datuk might have to wait a little while longer to take that accolade from him, I guess.

Fair enough?;)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    @OldBadFan: great summarisation! Thank you! :)

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

If there was a like button like on Facebook... then this would definitely get countless clicks :)

8. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    In such a close match, outcome could have tilted either way, instead of criticizing the losing party or praising the winning side, we should just appreciate the performance and excitement these players brought us. How many more years and times these 2 will play against one another with this high octane performances? Congratulation to Lin Dan and bravo to Chong Wei, 2 true world #1 players in different respect.
    China Ja Yu, Malaysia Boleh(can't we just get along? :) )

10. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

London qualifying season is coming soon so LD will play 10 tournaments and Im expecting a lot of LD vs LCW finals

the question is: who will win most of them to take #1?

you might want to revise that statement ^^

but then LD might have to give free wins to teammates so they get enough to beat PG and Taufik into the top 4...

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think most who watched the match made correct observations. There is no better closer in the game than LD. Yes his fast and furious style may have given way to a more calculated and tactical game but as we've seen, he possesses that extra gear. When he decides to step up, the intimidation factor kicks in. In this case LCW, while prepared, still had no answer as he became flustered and untidy. One other thing is LCW committed more unforced errors than LD-to beat LD, he can't afford to donate free points.

Unfortunately for LCW, LD still owns him mentally at the end game. That said LCW has made up ground.

Luckily for us, thanks to new BWF rules and the Olympic qualifying period, we could well see the encounter we all wish for many more times. Please LD, please don't give cheap walkovers and deny us these increasingly rare matches.

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LD passed your passionate plea to the BOSS LYB...sorry, NO DEAL....cantonese and english sounds the same lah:D:p

13. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    BWF Events BWF Events Super Series Premier Super Series Grand Prix Gold Grand Prix Intl Challenge
    Intl Series Future Series
    Winner 12000 9700 9200 7000 5000 4000 2500 1700
    Runner up 10200 8250 7800 5950 4250 3400 2130 1420
    3/4 8400 6800 6420 4900 3500 2800 1750 1170
    5/8 6600 5350 5040 3850 2750 2200 1370 920
    9/16 4800 3900 3600 2720 1920 1520 920 600
    17/32 3000 2450 2220 1670 1170 920 550 350
    33/64 1200 950 880 660 460 360 210 130
    65/128 600 500 430 320 220 170 100 60
    129/256 240 170 130 90 70 40 20
    257/512 120 80 60 40 30 20 10
    513/1024 60 40 30 25 20 10 5

14. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    The statement "in the near future" means that the duration is up to the reader/s to define. Here's the ranking pts. system http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=15370... if you wish to calculate.

15. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Birdie, you sure do have a sense of humor...I like that:D

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

add me.----------------------------------------

17. naistav

naistav Regular Member

@OldBadFan, agree with your good summary. As for me, I am only a bit confused that LCW easily crashed CL, DPY, even CJ and BCL which LD mostly cannot defeat his compatriots that easy. By looking LD matches at SF and F, he is now becoming very tactical even when against Simon, what a very smart guy LD is.
    LCW also has the ability to inject the pace when needed, but mostly he applied the high pace at the very beginning of the game. That's the other CHN MS cannot cope with but LD surely can. Congratulation LD.

18. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    simply because they get to spar with him all the time and know his game well. also the reason why china is letting the next generation in to gain experience playing with other country masters even knowing they would lose. china is preparing for the future while others continue to depend on the oldies.

19. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Anyway, this is the first Premiere Series. Will be very historical.
    That's probably why CHN decided to not let it go and instructed LD to take it all the way :D.

20. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    IMO; Datul Lee's situation is such that after so many defeats by the same player couple with high
    expectations that he had to shoulder, he must be bogged down by the thought that if could actually do it.
    I had never doubted his capabilities, a more relax and light hearted warrior on court is the one I would like to
    see of him in his next encounter with LD. With that kind of attitude I presume he would stand a better chance.