Taufik Hidayat vs Simon Santoso in Malaysia Open 2011

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by Loh, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Actually for some reason I prefer Alamsyah Yunus than Tommy, but lately looks like Tommy is getting better results. But these 2 are still a slight level below Hayom, whereas Hayom is a slight level below SDK and SS, so what are the chance Tommy or Yunus will be selected for OG??

2. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    yes it's the best choice i think, for this year SC and next year TUC
    i hope PBSI only select Pelatnas MS

for Tommy and Yunus chance is very very slim...

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

most likely Li Mao will only choose the players under his charge to go to OG 2012, i think.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Are you talking about the Pratama youngsters??

5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yep. But if PBSI still call TH for next year Thomas Cup, i sense sth will happen for OG 2012. take and give, LOL.

If im not mistaken when TC 2010,TH wanna join the team if PBSI allow him to play in Asian Games? .CMIIW.

6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Nope. Simon,Sony,Hayom is under his charge. Of course Li Mao want his players to go to OG 2012.

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

When is the last time TH beat Chen Jin? Or when is the last time TH can drag LD into a 76 minutes games?

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think you guys are doing a great disservice to Taufik. I clearly remember PBSI stating that they would expect Taufik to be available for exactly these kind of tournaments to represent the country. WHY? If you guys make the point about his age, or his talk about "having fun" or his "independent status" then you miss the central thrust of the argument: he is still today your best bet!

The realistic picture is this: based on their present level of play, SS or SDK or whoever else may have a chance to beat one of either LD or LCW or PG or CJ or TMN or JOJ or PSH or WZM or KT or CL or BCL or BP or... you get the point? Taufik OTOH, beats most of these guys regularly before breakfast. Yet.

Let me put it this way. If nothing else, he is the best person to "clear the way" for the other guys like SS or SDK or DRH to advance to the later rounds.

Please don't be in such a hurry to show Taufik the door. It would be a huge mistake. Such a priceless resource should be used intelligently, not discarded for parochial reasons.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Frankly I think those whose worid ranking are relatively low now will find it hard to make it to London since the max from each country is two in general unless the rules are changed to make it easier, which will be unlikely since IOC wants to encourage more countries to participate.

Therefore I think TH and SS are the most likely candidates unless SDK has a higher ranking than SS or will be able to recover sooner to win a number of SS tourneys.

As WR2 now, TH is INA's highest ranking MS and it means TH has been relatively consistent too. I'm not sure whether SS is ranked in the top 10 but if he is he can only be better judging from his most recent performances and now that he has come under the wing of the inscrutable but effective Li Mao. With SDK, Hayom and perhaps a few other good players as sparing partners, SS's game can be sharpened further. As one who knows the game of two of the world's best currrent players, LD and LCW, Li Mao will be able to help SS achieve the Olympic gold. I think it is common knowledge that LM wants to show LYB what he can do and that is best done by getting his blue-eyed LD defeated in LOG 2012. It is all the more urgent for LM now more than ever before since his gamble with KOR's PSH at the last Bejing Olympics has failed.

Having SDK under his charge gives LM another option to carry out his plans though I think SS would make a better bet especially if SDK is still unable to recover fully from his injuries. I think LM will give his all to try to make SS a champion since he has limited time to do so.

I am not sure why TH cannot be selected if he continues to maintain his good physical condition and his high WR. His passion for another Olympic gold seems undiminished. Yes it is all 'if' but whether TH can maintain his form and fitness is another matter. And many hopefuls from other badminton powerhouses will be lining up for a crack at the Olympic crown.

#49 Loh, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  10. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Yes I am a big fan of TH. TH can is the most naturally gifted MS badminton player ever produced and on a good day, he can beat LD even when LD is playing 100 %.

Yes I watched the match LD vs TH and LD vs LCW.
    It's clear from these matches TH does not need to play as quick like LCW does to beat LD because LD is always intimidated by TH's movements on court and physical style of play. TH only loses out on stamina to LD in my opinion, whereas LCW loses out in many more aspects in his game to LD, like attacking play, mental toughness, physicality etc.

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Totally agree cobalt, today TH is still INA best MS. What Im saying is just for PBSI and Li Mao to concentrate 100% on SDK SS and Hayom. And perhaps (finger cross) within the next 1 yr my 1st sentance will no longer apply, and SS is by then will be INA number one MS.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Eventually SS would be INA No.1

IMHO, eventually SS would be INA No.1. :):):)

But for the 2012 London Olympic Games, I am game enough to bet that TH would still be INA No.1.

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hopefully, Li Mao can super charged the progress. And SS can look after himself injury free

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I guess we all know how good TH is. Not quite sure how many MS player can INA send to OG, so let say INA send 3 players, if thats the case IMO it is more likely than not, TH should be one of them.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2012 London Olympic Games: Mens Singles entries

:D:D:D It's great that you are optimistic that INA might be able to send 3 Mens Singles players to the 2012 London Olympic Games. China is hoping to send 3 too.

This would leave little opportunity for our Australian player(s). :eek::eek::eek:

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yeah it was great to see guys like Stuart Gomez in the OG. I heard Li Ning has taken over Australia national team, is that right Chris?? I got very little news here in Sydney.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Stuart Gomez in the 2012 OG?

Wait for me to get the answer from Stuart Gomez when I get to see him later next week.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  19. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    this thread has gone to far from TH vs Simon hahaha

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    oops...:eek: sorrrryy! :eek: