INA squad for Sudirman Cup 2011

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2011' started by miksss, Dec 26, 2010.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Well i know its too soon for making this thread..but i think we might have guessed who will fill our ina team. Anyway,we still have 5 months ahead to follow and monitor the development of the players.

i think the squad will be :

MS = SDK,SS,DHR.
    Depend on how SDK and SS perfomance in this 5 months ahead. Lets hope they will recover faster.

WS = Febe,April,Firda.
    I think this should be the first time for Febe and April to join our Sudirman Cup team. While last year MKY,Firda and Linda was field the women single squad. Lets hope MKY will comeback soon and join the team.

MD =Kido/Hendra,Bona/Ahsan.

WD = Greysia/Meiliana,Nitya,Anneke,Shendy.

XD = Tontowi/Lilyana,Fran/Pia.

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Well, I think INA should be hoping to get points from MS, MD and XD, and possibly WS against weaker countries like MAS. Their weak link IMO is their WD as the pairs there are still not very consistent in winning, especially GreyMel. Tontowi/Lilyana should be able to get their game going next year. Simon is better than SDK if he is back to top form, I think.

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

WS and WD if the opponent is not CHN,the chance should be 50:50.

4. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I guess Lindaweni will be there. Angga/Rian and Rendy will too.

5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

well, i think its better for them just stay and training hard in cipayung rather than joining the squad,im sure they wont get chance to play.

6. undeadshot

Disagree with WD. GreyMel still haven't prove themselves as a consistent pair. But don't worry, I can't see any other country as solid as INA besides who know what country. ;)

7. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Ups, I miss Taufik in this squad? Since he keeps on playing - and still on highest level - INA should count on him. He's still the only one who could beat Lin Dan. And from tactical point of view - better to put Simon on 2nd and let him score the point in 2nd men's single - why not?
    Anyway, still a long way, but I hope I will have time to go there watch them, so I hope at the end we can celebrate the INA victory in the middle of the mainland LOL

8. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

I think there is no 2nd men single in Sudirman Cup.
    May be you mean Thomas Cup. But, this year will be Sudirman Cup

9. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    yeah, realized my mistake - but regarding Taufik it is still the same, he is still on top of all INA players and the only one in the world who could beat Lin Dan (only talking about the case that Lin Dan wants to win - and no CN set up LOL), if Lin Dan is not interested no need to discuss (same applies to Taufik of course)

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As much as I want to believe in Taufik's ability now, I think it will be a miracle for him to beat Lin Dan in the Sudirman Cup, if they do clash.

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

GRESIK, Kompas.com-PBSI will decide the players who join the team to compete in the mixed team badminton championship Sudirman Cup in Qingdao, China, 22 to 29 May 2011 end of April.

General Secretary of PB PBSI Yacob Rusdianto be interviewed in Gresik, East Java, on Tuesday said the registration deadline for players name at Sudirman Cup closed in early May 2011, so there's still time to monitor the development of the players.

"We fully hand over to the coach for determine who will play in Sudirman Cup . Obviously, PBSI will send the best team," he told Antara after opening the tournament "Milo School Compatition" (MSC) 2011.

Yacob say that players from Pelatnas and non Pelatnas also can join the team, like Taufik Hidayat and men's doubles Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan who previously also called by PBSI to strengthen the Indonesian team in Asian Games 2010. "If it is defend the name of the country, there is no difference Pelatnas and non-Pelatnas. All players become a part of the Indonesian team," he said

---------------------------------------------
    read the full news here : http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/2011/03/15/16251366/Kido/Hendra.dan.Taufik.Dipanggil.

12. undeadshot

As I have said last year, WS and WD are certainly the weak links for INA against any other top countries. They can still thrash Malaysia in this two events though..

13. madtime

madtime Regular Member

professional
    yes, and moreover the Malaysian Camp dont have Women single coach.

14. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    My prediction:

MS : Taufik-Simon or Simon-Hayom
    WS : Firda-Linda or Febe-Firda
    MD : Kido/Hendra-Bona/Ahsan
    WD : Greysia/Meiliana - Shendy/Lilyana or Nitya/Anneke or Pia/Lilyana or Pia/Nitya (?)
    XD : Tantowi/Lilyana - Fran/Pia

Anyone agree?

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I guess the choice for MS is only Taufik or Simon since SDK most likely will be excluded from Sudirman team due his poor performance lately.

16. miksss

miksss Regular Member

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

18. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kido/Hendra will probably miss the Sudirman Cup as Kido mentioned to the press that he will be preparing for his marriage in July. In the meantime, Hendra's knees have not healed 100% too. So, they will only join the Badminton Asia Championships 2011 in Sichuan next month.

This will mean it's more imperative to put up a strong XD given the fragile confidence of Tantowi as had been displayed in the 4 tourneys this year.

I think Nova/Vita or Nova/Butet will probably be featured, alongside with Towi/Butet and Fran/Pia (to get ranking pts for the London Olympics 2012).

I suspect that Alvent Yulianto Chandra will be called-up also to partner with Mohd Ahsan in key matches. Bona/Ahsan will still feature prominently since they are the no 1 MD pair in Pelatnas and at the same time, to solidify their position for the London Olympics 2012.

So, the line-up could be:
    XD - Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir or Nova Widianto/Vita Marissa or Fran Kurniawan Teng/Pia Zebadiah Bernadet
    MS - Taufik Hidayat or Simon Santoso or Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka (give him some experience in the group match!)
    MD - Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan or Alvent Yulianto Chandra/Mohd Ahsan
    WS - Maria Febe Kusumastuti (not sure if she's gonna be fielded) or Adriyanti Firdasari or Lindaweni Fanetri (Linda is progressing this year)
    WD - Meiliana Jauhari/Greysia Polii or Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir (they could be fielded if either one is not playing XD at the same time).

20. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    But still, INA is weaker these days, indeed.. :(:(