Congratulations Lin Dan :)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by volcom, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    hey if you guys want to make it personal, i'd be glad to challenge you to a game of badminton. if you can beat me, i will buy you dinner at a 5-star restaurant. :) how's that for arrogance? hahaha. c'mon let's just focus on the players and not get too personal, ok? i believe i made some valid points and of course, you are free to criticize lin dan if you feel strongly about it - it is perfectly fine by me coz i never really say he was my idol, did i?

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Although I think we should always handshake with our opponent first to show respect. But I can understand such reaction after winning in an major event. And I recall LD would handshake with his opponent first even padding their back in most games, except few major finals.

And for the LD haters, LCW also went for his coach first before his opponent after his first AE title.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDYfotK67k&feature=related

Should we start a new thread regarding this matter? Why is this tie to LD only??? Haters? :rolleyes:

3. flite

flite Regular Member

First of all it was your posts (with intention) to degrade LCW that started the provocations but too bad your knowledge/info about those professional players backfired. Now you were caught with your pants down and you begin to tone down. Just have a good look at your previous postings a few pages up and tell me how it sounded. I see you only have less than 15 postings so far but your reputation is going down the drain in no time.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

NO. But since you brought that up, mind telling me what happend to LD and Li Mao?? :D

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I'll call my grandma, she will make you run like you will never run again kid!! LOL :D:D

#125 Yoppy, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Since you asked, I think i will satisfy your curiosity.i think LD doesn't like Li Mao for teaching LCW how to beat him.

At that time in 2006 & 2007 twice LD showed his displeasure at Li Mao in Msia Open & Korea Open.

I think LM himself is putting on theatrics on Court not to antagonise LD but mainly to send LYB some message and LD the kid just fell for it.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Should we start a new thread regarding this matter?

Question: Should we start a new thread regarding this matter?

Answer: Yes, we have. It's located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/94551-Badminton-Etiquette-after-a-match

Please Note: No witch hunting please.
    :):):)

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Agree. It wasn't much of an issue but he kept attacking LCW that's why we have to defend LCW. It's just that the opponent was LD.

We are not picking LD but most of the high profile matches in recent times involved these two.

9. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    pros are also human. sometimes sh#t happen and ppl lost control. remember world class footballer Zinedine Zidane headbutting Marco Metarazzi?

10. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    sorry, it is supposed to be lcw not lee hyun-il, my bad. allow me to re-post the correction below; i will post more opinions of this classic ld-lcw match when i have the time.

"was that the infamous li mao incident? if it is, i believe lin dan was instigated by many incidents on court that led to his outburst shown on the clip. technically speaking, lin dan was the better player in that match and should have won the game but due to 'external factors', the game was lost and lin dan's frustration is understandable. that was a young lin dan and i believe he has grown from that incident to become a better person both on and off-court.

on the video, i noticed lin dan actually walked towards lcw with the intention to congratulate him but apparently lee seem to have ignored or missed him. but it is clear lcw didn't make the effort to go over to lin dan the same manner that lin dan had done in this KO final.

lin dan was arrogant then but i reckon he is beyond that today....until such time when he is instigated again by someone like li mao i guess. well, we have to watch future nail-biting matches like this one to see how the plot unfolds."

11. benjamin59

technician
    nolah LD walked towards the net saw LM on the court congratulating LCW who was still on his knees quickly turned left to shake hands with umpire instead of waiting for LCW to get up.(lee wasn't ignoring LD he was on the floor still pinching himself for his unbelieveable win)

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I think we are not talking about who was the better player in the match

I think we are not talking about who was the better player in the match, but who was not having the right etiquette after the match.

13. benjamin59

technician

Was LD arrogant that day? don't think so. no 1 and 2 NA. So he tried to do no 3 but unsuccessful and he continued with no 4 and 5. rules followed.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    IMO, if this thread is about congratulating Lin Dan, it should not be at the expense of ridiculing any other player. I am sure the thread-starter did not wish this thread to degenerate in this way.

This holds good for every player who won or lost in any tournament. We must try not to turn it into an opportunity to run down someone else. That is cheap behaviour. it doesn't matter which player, which country, which tournament. Congratulate the winner for a great game, and get on with life. :)

When you get into parochial post-mortems, there are no winners.

My 2c. :)

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

First of all, I think the whole thing has been overblown. They are humans and they were in a highly emotionally charged situation. Pardon them for not acting superficial.

If you have to criticize, then both were guilty: LD for celebrating a bit too long before shaking hands; and LCW for turning his back on LD when approached.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Case closed for me in this thread

Case closed for me in this thread (I am unsubscribing).

I have created another thread, located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/94551-Badminton-Etiquette-after-a-match

where, no witch hunting is organised by kwun.
    :):):)

17. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Given how this is going, lock it out to cool heads would be a good thing.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    For this issue, you summed the best.

19. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Jee... I thought you have been here long enough to find out that the mods are always on LD's side. If LD is on the receiving end, there's no chance this thread is going to survive pass 5 pages. However, the victim this time is LCW, so there's no rush to lock it.
    It's good for us to run our abuses on LCW till the end of the world though. LD forever :). Zhong guo dui jia you!

20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Ld last point

Does anybody realize that Lin Dan's last winning point in the Korea Open against Lee Chong Wei was like winning a tennis rally where the player who first commits himself or rushes to the front of the net takes a huge risk in an effort to block a strong back/forehand from his opponent who is playing far away from the net.:rolleyes:

This happens in tennis often but I hardly see it in badminton. It is risky in tennis because the person who rushes to the front has to be very certain that he can block his opponents returning shot. In badminton however, the person who rushes to the front usually has an advantage having read his opponents earlier shot that is rather weak. However only a very fast player like Lin Dan can manage to take these risks otherwise you might be chasing the shuttle back to your side's baseline of the court if your opponent manages to return your blocking shot. Lin Dan might have introduced a new way to win a point in badminton that is very similar to tennis :rolleyes::rolleyes:

#140 julianng, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.