Australia Open GPG Day 4 (April 9, 2011) - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 20' started by Gicutzu, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jmore

jmore Regular Member

i didnt see if she shook her opponent's hand but she didn't shake the umpire's hand because of the calls and yellow card she gave. i think 2 or 3 of the shots were called out by the line judge but liu xin said they were in. when liu xin served a shuttle the line judge signaled that he didn't see/wasn't sure if it was in or out but the umpire said it was out. liu xin was very unhappy about this and in the end a yellow card was given to her. so after she won she didn't bother shaking hands with the umpire.

2. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    This is so typical of some Chinese players.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    It is common courtesy to shake hands with the umpire and service judge at the end of of a match notwithstanding some doubtful calls.
    Until a hawk-eye system is implemented for badminton tournaments, players must take the good with bad.

3. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Not too shocking lah. WCH is in good form and manage to utilize his skills and experience over Tommy.
    Better luck next time Tommy.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

hahaha no u did not. That's cos they won their QF matches.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ooops!! Looks like [​IMG] is coming to get me now... :(

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Tommy played really well yesterday. If he can add more power on his shots, I'm sure he will beat many top players in the future. A great potential indeed.

I was sitting literally right next to her today, but when I ask her to take picture together she said "after the match" :(

7. jmore

jmore Regular Member

yeah i think most players are like that. my friend asked tien minh nguyen for a photo before his match the other day and he said after the match as well so luckily we saw him again just as he was about to leave.

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

lucky him. But I managed to take picture with Tommy, Ikeda, Hendra Gunawan, Wong Chung Han and Lee Wan Wah. So all in all my trip to Melb was worth every penny. Plus not to mention the Pandan ice cream and pork skin salad at Lygon st were so yummy :)

9. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Hmm.... did you try the Durian-flavour gelati on Lygon St? :D

10. jmore

jmore Regular Member

you should have come for other days as well! so many more players to take photos with hehe! i got photos/autographs with a few players as well when i went during wed-sat. from the photos on the australian open facebook page it looks like taking photos with the players would have been quite hard.

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Jeez you're so spot on, yes I did, although I prefer the pandan flavour from the same shop. Is that shop so famous?? My Sydney friend brought me there.

#111 Yoppy, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

if not for work commitment I would have been there on day 1. I found it some players are more friendly than others. Tommy called me "Om" (uncle) when I wish him luck, he made me feel like 10 yrs older lol.

13. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Yeah, Il dolce Freddo is quite well-known/popular. Heaps of ppl there usually. Their durian-flavour gelati is so popular, that they will only ever let you have durian-flavour as one of your 3 or 4 scoops, rather than say having 3 scoops of all durian-flavour.
    Having said that, they also have a lot of other flavours that are pretty awesome. :D

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You guys are so lucky in Melb. Although we have French Riviera in Sydney, I have to admit its not as good as Il dolce freddo.