football season 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by limsy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I'm pretty sure arsenal will finish top 4 this season.
    Well, Mr Wenger, time to forget your youngster policy:rolleyes:

there is cash in the bank, but still no quality defenders for arsenal...

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Wenger is a cheapskate :rolleyes:. Surely they could've for example bought Chelsea's Luiz before they bought him. Or perhaps get Alex if he wants to leave or has to on the cheap again :D. A goalie is long overdue, don't have any new names but Akinfeev was a much wanted name a few years ago (and of course highly wanted in Football Manager :D).

I see it has come up not long ago: http://justarsenal.com/akinfeev-if-arsenal-called-i-would-sign-for-them-or-man-utd/4713

Imagine Arsenal with Akinfeev, Luiz and Eto' o in the team ;) ...

#782 demolidor, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    man utd solid 2-0. ;)

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

5. viver

viver Regular Member

Real Madrid: 0 - Barcelona: 2 And things start to get hotter now! Pepe got a red card for violent play, and Barcelona scores 2 goals afterwards. The much argued play, that possibly affected the outcome of the match:

[video=youtube;K5xZj-lloww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5xZj-lloww [/video]

6. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I believe it's a conspiracy against Real. You know, Barca and UNICEF all that.

7. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

You believe that too? I mean that is what Jose is insinuating.

8. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Mate, I think you know me long enough to know that's a joke...

9. RSLvictorSOTX

Ha ha. Anyways, I am rooting for the likely underdogs now. Madrid and Chelsea shall get the leaders at the very bitter end;)!

10. RSLvictorSOTX

Will you marry me Kate:)...tadadada, tadadadadada...for as long as both shall live:)?

...here comes the bridemaids...Chelsea, Real Madrid; oh don't discount them yet, they may well be the brides:D.

11. viver

viver Regular Member

And I believe everything The Special One says! He always has his reasons when he says something!

Apparently the one that is being called by the media, the new Mourinho - Villas-Boas the current FC Porto coach, is being hotly chased by Chelsea, Liverpool, Juventus, Roma, Tottenham and Atlético Madrid for next season. Rumours?? :confused:

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The final game this weekend to decide perhaps? ;)

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Home victory and open up the title race.

14. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    They talk about him quite a bit on RAWK but with Kenny getting a permanent deal, perhaps not to Anfield.

Just yet.

Deep inside I feel that Rafa Benitez will just come home one day.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Lil' old by now ...

[video=youtube;lPedN0wTZpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPedN0wTZpA&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;uNE5hkGlO28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNE5hkGlO28&feature=related[/video]

16. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Something several days old - first read it on RAWK.

Dutch club VVV-Venlo sign 1-year-old child

[video=youtube;sZGhGbfzCSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZGhGbfzCSU[/video]

YouTube videos have led to a number of footballers getting signed by clubs around the world, but this might be the first time it's worked for an 18-month-old. It's very much a publicity stunt, but the popular YouTube clip of young Baerke van der Meij kicking balls into his toy chest caught the attention of relegation-threatened Dutch top flight club VVV-Venlo and prompted the club to sign him to a 10-year professional contract. Though, it is made clear that the contract is a "symbolic" one.

From the Telegraph:-

"The toddler joined VVV's star midfielder Ken Leemans during a training session in De Koel Stadium on Tuesday before being offered the "symbolic" contract."

"The toddler's favourite position has not yet been determined. However, we can speak of a right-footed player with a very good kicking technique, perseverance and, importantly: football genes via his grandfather," said a VVV Venlo press release.

Baerke's grandfather used to play for the club and his family still lives in the city of Venlo.

As silly as this whole thing is, VVV-Venlo really did a great job of selling it, even going so far as to have the little boy attend a press conference and sign a contract. Well, scribble on one, anyway. Here are some pictures from the event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Between the fauxhawk, the runny nose, and the satisfied look on his face, I'd say little Baerke has a bright future ahead of him.

Of course, Arsenal has long been the subject of jokes about signing young players, so we'll have to wait and see how it reacts to seeing an 18-month-old signed by another club. Someone is probably trying to figure out how to have a fetus sign a contract right now.

17. viver

viver Regular Member

Dalglish seems to be doing a fine job at Liverpool, I feel it's quite unlikely he will be replaced at the end of the season. But in football everything is possible.. Reminds me of Mourinho, when coaching Benfica and was doing an excellent job but being replaced months later, because the management wanted another coach :crying: :mad:

Well, according to Villas Boas, it is still not the time for him to leave FC Porto. For now!

18. RSLvictorSOTX

Arsenal put huge dent in Man Utd's title charge

by Ian Maybury – 2 hrs 12 mins ago

LONDON (AFP) – Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey put a huge dent in Manchester United's title charge and boosted Chelsea's challenge as the Wales midfielder secured a 1-0 victory over the leaders at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

United arrived in north London seeking the victory that would restore their six-point advantage over second-placed Chelsea with three games remaining and put them within touching distance of a record 19th league title.

Instead they departed with the title race firmly back in the balance after Ramsey's strike - his first for the Gunners since suffering a broken leg in February 2010 - ensured that Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea will visit Old Trafford on May 8 knowing victory will take them to the top of the table on goal difference.

Victory also provided a lift to Arsene Wenger's Arsenal, who had fallen nine points off the pace after a miserable run.

While the chances of them overhauling United and Chelsea are slim, Wenger will insist Arsenal compete until the maths means they are destined to finish also-rans.

19. RSLvictorSOTX

Just put Kevin Keegan in-charge of Liverpool and see how it goes, seriously;)!

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    arsenal play better than man utd
    hehe
    let see how win next week