2011 Malaysia Open GP Gold: Day 6 (Finals) Sunday 08-May

Discussion in 'Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 20' started by chris-ccc, May 7, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    So, I could guess that you are glad that BWF introduced the 21-rally-points scoring system. Otherwise, this match could have lasted more than 2 hours. ;););)

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

thanks for the info, hauge.

Agree with that, INA pair should be more calm and more focus in their games. ;) Honestly i dont see anything special on Chen Xu/Ma Jin or Tao/Qian, but, its just the current world mixed double strength is not as strong as in Zheng Bo/Gao Ling,Nova/Lilyana,Flandy/Vita era. I believe in Towi/Butet, they are just sometimes lost on focus and let their opponent get many points in a row. :)

#162 miksss, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I switched to Arsenal's match during the womens double match. Pity those waiting to play the next match, worse if it went to a rubber. Maybe they should arrange these matches to be played first as a "warm-up" for the spectators, but matches between different countries are exciting.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    is this what we call "discriminating"??

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Don't know. Btw, did you enjoy the WD's match?

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Talking about having less boring matches to watch, I once suggested that each country is to send only one player or one pair to participate in each of the 5 categories/events. But I did not get much support. :eek::eek::eek:

7. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    one player from each country

the pitfall is many times the 2nd, 3rd of some countries are better than the 1st of some countries and if this is the case, it mean we do not see the match of the best playing.

It will like some tournament that the great country skip playing and we found that the tournament is less interesting.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Is Badminton a 'Team Sport' or an 'Individual sport' ???

If Badminton is regarded as a 'Team Sport'. Then only one team can win a medal/title.

If Badminton is regarded as an 'Individual Sport', then a country is able to win all the 3 medals/titles, namely; Gold, Silver and Bronze.

#168 chris-ccc, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm pretty convinced you can't view Badminton as a real team sport - after all, you train and play on your own. You can not improve another player's performance, there is no team effort involved in winning a singles match, and apart from the two players on court, there is none in a doubles match.
    The performance is individual, so I think it would be a bad idea to forbid countries to send more than one player/team per discipline. Matches would also be boring - the gap between Asia&Denmark and the rest of the world is too big to make for exciting matches. It would also mean that only 2 or 3 players (/teams) could play professionally for their country, as the others would have no chance of playing more than 1,2 tournaments a year and get virtually no experience.