Yonex Rackets in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by anakin, May 9, 2005.

1. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    mean no cheaper price for bag n shoes but only racket n string ?

2. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    anyone going to BGK?
    can help to check the price for VT80?

3. lobsterman

lobsterman Regular Member

i found their yonex grip also consider cheap

4. ivan5805

ivan5805 Regular Member

what is the price for BG66 in thailand?

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

About THB 190 ~ 200/pcs. But some stores sell them for around THB 160~170 if you buy dozen of them.

6. ivan5805

ivan5805 Regular Member

thanks for the reply arfandy! is there any shop in had yai u can recommend me? the first sport in bangkok also selling 190-200/pcs?

7. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

If you are planning to buy dozen of strings, then i'd recommend you to buy in First Sport or any other small badminton shops behind National Stadium then you can bargain for cheaper price with the shop's manager. If you buy one or two only, then any official Yonex shops in any shopping mall would give you regular price as same as those small shops behind national stadium. Pretty much all badminton shops in Thailand would price BG66 within THB 190 ~ 200 or if you're unlucky looking BG66 when the stock runs out of entire Bangkok, then the highest price would be around THB 220 at most.

8. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    I used to take orders from Sports marketing for yonex strings but lately, it seems that the shop is not replying to my mails. Perhaps, they are really out of stock in Bangkok or they just want to control sale of the strings esp.BG66 so that they can sell at a higher price? If not mistaken, BG ultimax is in stock in Thailand. May I know how to get it and how much it would cost?

9. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    arfandy,
    are u from thai?
    can help to ask how much they selling for VT80?
    got stock for 4U version?

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I used to live in Thlnd for 8 years until last year moved to Beijing. I'm sorry can't help much about VT80 since it was released by the time i moved out thus no idea regarding the price & weight (but i'm sure Thai market love 4U version more than 3U). I once planning VT80 in badminton shop in China last month but somehow the price of it is quite insane (CN-coded on the shaft) thus i ended up buying LiNing N-50 instead.

11. CarlBkk

CarlBkk Regular Member

fashion wholesale
    3U for VT80 is very hard to find in Bangkok....nearly everywhere only have 4U. Slightly cheaper price than Malaysia, but hardly worth considering if you need to airmail one from Thailand - Malaysia.

12. analyzer

analyzer New Member

Student
    CarlBkk,
    I apologise for not throughly going through this thread, but could you let me know the shops or shop you buy your equipment from in Bangkok? I'm going over next week and am looking to get the VT80 there as well as a few other badminton gears.

How much roughly is the VT80 in BKK?

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Need help here to confirm:

1. Availability of Yonex VT70 & VT80 (3U version) & price in sport shops behind National Stadium.
    2. Those shops, do they sell ARC-ZS (3U) & ARC-ZSTH (3U)? what is the price?
    3. I recall Sport Marketing sell Victor, do they already have MX80 (3U) in stock? what's the price?

Thank you.

14. Barca

Barca Regular Member

1. VT80 Price is BHT4,200 as at 23/May. Only 4u is available.
    2. Yes, they have ARC-ZSTH in 3U
    3. Sorry, I was only checking out on their Yonex range. Didn't notice whether they have Victor.

15. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

thnx for the answer. about normal ARC-ZS, do they available in 3U as well? what's the price?

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Well there is no 4U version is there ;) It's not like they will have the 2U version as the main one there ...

17. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

oops, sorry i didn't pay much attention on ARC-ZS version availability. yeah, after i re-checked it, there seems to be only 2U & 3U version of ARC-ZS. a word of advise please, i'm considering to purchase 3U version of either VT80 or ARC-ZS (purchasing to be made in Beijing, China... after that i'll go back to Thailand next month). But YY rackets are a bit more expensive in China than Thailand (CN code). I only tried ARC-ZS in 2009 for couple minutes and i like the feeling and power it gives. I never tried VT series, nor any other YY rackets in 11 years!. If i were to buy VT80 3U in China then i might not be able to get my hand on it again in Thailand (seems Thais favor 4U or lighter racket). If i were to get ARC-ZS (i loved it when first try) then i can purchase more in Thailand if i ever break the racket. Both prices are relatively higher than YY TH code. Which one should i get/try while my stay in Beijing last for while?

Note: I play double very occasionally with randomized partner, i like head-heavy BP + stiff~extra stiff racket (VT80 has perfect head-heavy BP but med-stiff, while ARC-ZS i heard was balanced BP but very stiff), i strung all my rackets @26~28Lbs with BG66 or BG80, color/appearance/money is no concern for me for now, so far my favorite racket is Victor The Legend & Kumpoo Powershot 2300H.

18. Barca

Barca Regular Member

My advice is try the ARCZS longer before getting one. Like you, I fell in love with it after trying it for the first time. Got a 2nd one immediately as mean of backup. After a couple more games, I realized that it isn't the right racket for me. Now I have 2 pieces of them 'sleeping' in my bag.

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

That's true what you said. But i don't have a chance to try it longer except buying it. Anyway, i just bought VT80 3U instead of ARC-ZS. But i still wanna try ARC-ZS (i miss that feeling when first tried ARC-ZS out). well, if you are located in Thailand & happen to think of selling your ARC-ZS, maybe you can sell one to me.. i don't really mind if there were paint-chips except the crack. :)

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you like the Legend I would get a 3U VT80. If anything it will be very rare in Thailand should you not like it ;) (CH for China btw)