Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    This is my writting to legal'legal@olympic.org' and 'p.wong@bwfbadminton.org' I do not expect anything from them but expect the audience to express our feeling on how a bad behavior should be treated.

For the case of confirm illness from doctor, I think it is nothing with sport spirit. How can doctor argue that you are not getting stomachache?
    The CHN will get ill only when they face their teammate. I am sorry that I am so upset the my favorite team.

+++++++++++++

I am Burapong Voraraktara, I am in Bangkok Thailand. I am writing to report our frustration toward the CHN team behavior recently with regards to their walk- over behavior in tournament when they have duty to play with their teammate. Although they have the right to do so, we as an audience who are paying ticket to watch the match also have the right to complain on the quality of the product. What is all about the sport? Why they are not just playing in the closed door and only aim who will win the match? Does the sport want as many as audience to make the match entertaining?

Each have their own duty, while the player want to win so they might do whatever in order to win and that is why we have the referee to command the match and judge the match to have a fair play. Same circumstance, I am not really blame on player personally but the BADMINTON regulator should do something in order to prevent this to happen so often. They might get real injury but the CHN team excuse this too often, especially my favorite LIN DAN. This is more than people to believe it. To see if my remark is unfair or not, see the record of the past matches for walk over.

May be we can not do anything as it is difficult to prove thing and as far as there is a right to do so and no violation to the regulation, thus I think we should use social sanction to express our feeling toward this un-sportmanship spirit.

I am as a one member of this badminton society, I urge a social sanction to the team who is not sportsmanship spirit, whoever do it.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    There is always the good and the bad together

As mentioned by ld rules, yes lyb is keeping his job

and glory to China.

On the other hand it isn't doing badminton any good, :p

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nevermind
    when badminton is out of OG
    lyb will have a easier job,only to maximize china slot in WC

4. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

Sigh..poor LD actually..now he cant add SGO to his list of collections since CJ won..at least LYB should have the heart to let him win something he didnt win before :(((

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good job. We need more of these? Khap khun kap. Anyone else writing in? ;)

6. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

What can BWF do to alleviate the situation which is politically right anyway? I instead suggest you get your ticket refund just like how you would an over-hyped but lousy film showing at the cinema.

Or do people want to rather see LCW's "I lost horribly today because I caught a flu" excuse instead? :rolleyes:

Athletes are humans too and they want to maximise their condition for the next big tournaments. Just like how you would obtain an medical certificate whenever you're feeling sick to skip work.

7. laonong

laonong Regular Member

If China stop support badminton national team and China stop providing top players , do you think badminton can be kept in Olympic?

Nowdays there are so many sports competing popularity in China, the sucess of China national team is a must for the popularity of badminton in China. With Li Na's win in tennis, badminton could face more competition. Do not forget Li Na won more than 1 million US dollars jut for one open. Even Lin Dan won all of the opens this year, he could not win 1 millions dollars without commercial ads.

8. extremenanopowe

Do your bid to send your frustration to IOC. Let them boot out CBA first before IOC boot out badminton.

It is better to sacrifice 1 association than the whole lot. What do you think? Does the world depending on China to entertain them? ;)

BWF is hopeless. Lets see what action they can take in the next meeting.

FIFA dares to do it. Why not BWF?

9. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

Bad move to try booting CBA out of badm..the sport may die..and besides it isnt legally wrong to concede a walkover..just that it frustrates us fans because we pay for our tickets..refunding would be a better option..;)

10. extremenanopowe

you want the money right? lol. ;)
    Its like World basketball is nothing without NBA. Life still goes on? ;)

11. laonong

laonong Regular Member

FIFA is much more successful than BWF. BWF should move to China or Demark. Stay in maylasia is hopeless.

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Don't worry it would never happen :D

13. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

haha Im sure it will never happen..:):)

14. extremenanopowe

There is a little psychological play there pbm. You pandai. We can read your mind. ;) lol.

Good to be straight forward lah. Don't hide under the hood. lol. ;)

15. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Based on LD's poor performance against Santoso and Gade, I believe he's really not feeling well, but I think LYB just wanted him to beat or at least wear out Santoso and Gade instead of giving them a easy walkover.

16. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

k i might be a bit stupid to ask this / this may be a bit irrelevant but

if lindan was to lose to chenjin so that chenjin is able to qualify for OG12
    then how come cai/fu aren't intentionally losing to shen/hong so they can qualify too?
    who are the men's doubles pairs that china intends to send in for OG12?

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he said he not feeling well AFTER the match against peter

chai biao/guo zhen dong,and they failed to reach final

18. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

only 2 pairs to be sent????

and i kinda believe this whole thing to be pretty coincidental. like probably because he was sick and meeting chenjin so lyb took this chance and made lindan give a walkover????

anyway i felt lindan really wasn't in his top form in this tournament, doesn't look like he was playing around with simon and peter. he had quite a lot of struggles in both matches. simon and peter played really well too.

and SO is one of the tournaments he hadn't claimed a title in so i dont think he'd give excuses to not get it when he obviously had a chance to..... no choice if he's really sick/lyb made him do it.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes,only 2 pairs
    yeah,he is sick
    and will recover in 2 days in order to play in ina open,and even maybe he will win it

just like where he walkover in malaysia open quater final(which also he never won),and then ko lcw in korea open in the following week.

quote from obama:those who trust,will trust,those who dont,never.

20. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

he might recover in 2 days considering he gets to rest..... ok maybe 3 days including today hahahahahahahahaha