All About Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2011(Photos,News,etc)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by miksss, Jun 1, 2011.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    looking forward to the rest!

the support wall is an excellent idea!!

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What can i say..

..Djarum and the organizer and support staff kept their promise from last yr which was to make the 2011 INA Open PSS an indelible PSS..can they make it better next year and the year after?? that's the challenge..we shall see..;)

thanks also to those who've scoured the Djarum website for photos and for the additional off-court coverage/photos..

*Back to that recently locked "Indonesia open organizers are not professional " thread..i knew it was all a misunderstanding and nothing more than a minor complaint. But i guess, it was more a matter of choosing the appropriate title wording which caused the "uproar". Yet a few members went a bit too far in going after the thread starter. The thread starter probably wasn't aware of the complexities and technical procedures needed in setting up the schedule. And as noted, this type of scheduling had happened before in the past in other tourneys. Really, it could've been resolved and ended within a page or two; after a few explanations of the complex process...
    Also for the fact that there are much more members from SE Asia, particularly INA and MAS, which brought out all the posts.
    If that thread was put in a smaller level tourney, outside of SE Asia/Asia region, i could almost bet my Frosted Flakes cereal toy that it wouldn't garner as much noise and attention.

#222 ctjcad, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Few more pics to share

taken from a few sources..

Attached Files:

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Really hate touts depriving the real fans.

5. oasis123

oasis123 Regular Member

Thanks ctjcad for sharing the photos. They are nice!

6. sen

sen Regular Member

That's difficult to completely eliminate because there are more demand than supply.

That's why it has to move to bigger place which can have more seats.

But the ticketing is much better than maybe 5 years ago(or even 2008 Thomas Cup) because now there is online ticket.

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    CHRIS...we have explained to him that scheduling is not part of oranizer and he replied that it was not his problem and insisting it is still part of local organizer....anyway..useless to disucss futher.....

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    BWF is trying to promote badminton now..I mean more aggresively....SOLIBAD will work on world tour with badminton stars.. LI NING is building badminton academy in Guangzhou for non chinese players with coaches from china and others..CBA will contribute to some extend...there is a real threat that badminton may be eliminated from OG 2020

9. tirama

tirama Regular Member

Really nice pictures

Thank you very much

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Aircon, hotel gaffes aside, Open praised as superior event

Niken Prathivi and Agnes Winarti, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Mon, 06/27/2011 8:00 AM

Despite some organizational snafus, the Djarum Indonesia Open Premier Superseries badminton tournament has emerged as one of the world’s best tournaments, according to athletes and organizers.

The event, whose US$600,000 purse places it at No. 2 behind the $1.2 million Korea Open, gained wide appreciation from all parties involved.

Badminton World Federation (BWF) event director Darren Parks said that the Indonesia Open fit the BWF’s goal to have more people play a better badminton game and learn about the sport.

“This event is one of the best two this year, [beside] the All England championships in Birmingham which is also very good. The Indonesia Open can be equally ranked to that,” Parks told reporters at the tournament’s final day at the Bung Karno Stadium Complex in Central Jakarta, on Sunday.

Tournament director Mimi Irawan said that main sponsor PT Djarum would add $50,000 in prize money for the event every year until the purse reached $750,000.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...gaffes-aside-open-praised-superior-event.html

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    wow that's a very posh hotel.... and it has a nice pub too :D

12. loyal2INA

loyal2INA Regular Member

badminton viewer
    what a great event,,two thumbs up for Djarum,,
    @mikss: do yo have any angga-ryan 's pic?

13. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

This 2011 Ina open could be the worst premier for ticketing issue.....on friday the organizer said the ticket booth would be open at 9am but it was more than 11am they just sold the ticket...
    however the worst part was on saturday and sunday..I was there since 9 am...waiting for the ticket but when the ticket opened they announced that the tickets were sold out already...I waited for hours but then I got nothing....along with some dissapointing spectators we went to meet the organizer,we complained and debated with them and finally they sold us the tickects,they said they only had 35 remaining tickets for class 1....
    And something crossed my mind...how could the touts offered the tickets even before the ticket booth opened??They sold the tickets with 2 or 3 times higher then the normal price...
    this is premier super series.....things like this shouldnt have occured..what a shame.....

14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

sorry, i don't find their pictures in the djarumbadminton website.. :)

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

next year the money prize is US$ 650.000.

#235 miksss, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It should be US$ 650.0000 for 2012

17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

thanks hauge, i have corrected it :)

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    You should have bought on line from beginning..you know it islike this every year..on final day...they issue more tikets as some of players' seats sold to public...some ofus did not get a seat as well.....so far..ticketing system is far muchbetter than 201....you guys asked for online ticketing..not only on djarum website but also rajakarcis.com with several outlets....you should wait last minute to buy..djarum provided vip booth...for bca' s card holder......remember that ticketing is handled by rajakarcis, not by djarum anymore....I guess it can't please anybody...I can't even get tickets for my friends who requested in last minute...

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I would like to congratulate everyone who was involved in the IO PSS event this year. By my lights, it was an (almost) unqualified success.

I think most importantly, it has succeeded in raising the international awareness of the game in many circles where it really had no profile or standing. It has demonstrated it's marketability. It has shown it can take entire populations in countries away from their workplace and their daily routine, just to follow every twist and turn in the competitions, and the battles within the wars!

That itself is worth a lot, in the long run. If other PSS hosts can take their cue from this just-concluded event and "raise their game" then it will only mean really, really good things for our beloved sport.

For this alone, I stand up to thank you, Indonesia. :)

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am sure Djarum will improv other areas once istora is upgraded..this is first Premier and still have rooms to improve....so far this event has opened the eyes of BWF and others that we can make badminton as fun as well....belive me that I have seen djarum'staff worked overtime to meet so demanding parties and some of areas that as a host has no right to say or control...still kudos to djarum thta has gained many good feedbacks for this memorable event...Thank you tomake Indonesia look good.