Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star

Monday June 27, 2011 Chong Wei slays Christensen to land fourth Indonesia Open title

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei made it all look so easy when he captured the Indonesia Open in super style to cap a perfect half-year mark of an amazing run this season.
    Yesterday, the cool and confident Chong Wei demolished Peter-Gade Christensen of Denmark with a 21-11, 21-7 win in just 31 minutes of the men’s singles final to nail the Indonesia Open for the fourth time and a third one in a row.
    Ironically, it was Chong Wei’s easiest win out of his four finals in Indonesia but it had earned him the biggest catch – a whopping US$45,000.
    [​IMG] Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei produced an overwhelming display to demolish Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen in the final to win his fourth Indonesia Open men’s singles badminton title in Jakarta yesterday.
    And with the victory yesterday, Chong Wei has collected a total of six titles to prove that he is the most consistent player in the first half of the year. His other titles this year are the Super Series Masters Finals, Malaysia Open, All-England, India Open and the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold.
    With the rare and fantastic run so far, Chong Wei has certainly put himself in a comfortable position going into the next major tournament – the World Championships – which will be held in London from Aug 8-14. No Malaysian has won at the world meet so far.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei was thrilled to bits with his one-sided victory over his old rival Christensen.
    “I have played Peter so many times and I know his game by heart. He is a good player but today, I had good control of the match and managed to pull off one of my easiest match against him,” said Chong Wei.
    “I did expect him to stage a fight back in the second game like he used to because Peter is always a fighter but I guess after trailing 4-16 he just gave up.”
    Yesterday, Chong Wei, who had only lost once in 13 previous meetings against Christensen, was a cut above in all departments - especially with his precision at the net and the ability to change the pace of the game at will.
    He even fooled the Dane with some of his tricky moves from the baseline, which often left Christensen frustrated throughout the opening game. To Chong Wei’s surprise, his opponent, who always fights back, showed no life and fire in the second game and it made it easier for Chong Wei to romp home quickly at 21-7.
    “I have won six titles in six months and that feels good. And all I want to do is to keep up with the good run. This will put me in a good spirit before the World Championships. I will continue to stay focused in my mission to win the country’s first world title,” he said. But before the World Championships, Chong Wei will take part in one more tournament – the Kedah Open from July 13-16 in Alor Setar – although earlier he had hoped to skip the event to give 100% concentration on the world meet.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have made it compulsory for all the national players to participate in the domestic tournament and Chong Wei will abide.
    “I did meet up with the BAM but they were unable to change the dates. I still want to qualify for the National GP Finals and maintain my unbeaten run in the local scene and I have decided to go.”
    National coach Teh Seu Bock was pleased with Chong Wei’s show of maturity and his excellent run this year.
    “Chong Wei did well to approach the game differently today. He had more variety in his attacks and also managed to pull off his deceptive shots successfully. But I am still quite surprised with Chong Wei’s easy win over Peter today,” said Seu Bock.
    “Usually, Peter is the type who will never give up but I saw him pulling back in the second game.
    “I have seen both these players so many times and this time, it was indeed the least challenging for Chong Wei.”
    “It has been a great six months for Chong Wei. He is more mature and more consistent.
    “We will resume our work for the world meet and continue to help him to become more consistent.
    “Chong Wei will compete in the Kedah Open and it will serve as part of his training. He will train in the morning and take part in the competition in the evening,” added Seu Bock.

Still need to train when competing.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Are you ready?

Courtesy of NST :

Ready for world crown 2011/06/27
    By K.M. Boopathy

Share |

[​IMG]
    Chong Wei’s form looks perfect heading to the World Championships in August.

VICTORY in a tournament as tough as the Indonesia Open is just about the best morale booster a player can hope for and Lee Chong Wei must now surely believe that the World Championships title is his for the taking. Sunday's triumph in Jakarta was Chong Wei's sixth honour in seven tournaments this year, a feat which even Lin Dan can't claim to have accomplished despite having won every major title the sport has to offer.

Though Chong Wei, and his fans, would have preferred that he faced Lin Dan in the Indonesia Open final, the Malaysian's form in Jakarta would have surely seen him beating the Olympic champion.

Today's Chong Wei is displaying a maturity that was lacking before and his calmness on court and his positive start to matches separate him from the rest.

Winning the first game is always a psychological boost and this is one area where Chong Wei seldom goes wrong in these days.

His form looks perfect heading to London's World Championships in August but critics will be quick to point out that Chong Wei has seldom delivered at the highest of stages.

While that may be true, Chong Wei knows that barring injuries or a major shock, his place in the final is assured and awaiting him across the net will be Lin Dan.

Lin Dan is the only player who can stop a rampant Chong Wei and this is the major reason why he remains an integral part of China.

Lin Dan, despite his undoubted quality, seems to be lacking the hunger that made him so dominant and one believes this has something to do with winning the Asian Games gold last year.

That completed his collection and having made millions, no one can begrudge Lin Dan's diminishing hunger and for Chong Wei, this is his best chance to capitalise.

Lin Dan's armoury is beginning to show weaknesses and with Chong Wei growing in confidence, this is Malaysia's best chance of ending its wait for a World Championships gold.

The same, however, can't be said about Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

Even the silver which they won in last year's world meet in Paris doesn't look within reach as the pair's inconsistency has come back to haunt them.

The tame defeat to Mohammad Ahsan-Bona Septano -- Indonesia's third ranked pair, doesn't augur well for the Malaysians.

Though Kien Keat-Boon Heong are a quality pair capable of beating the best on their day, the problem is this is becoming increasingly rare and the worry is that their best days are behind them.

As for Zakry Latif-Hoon Thien How, their performance in Jakarta only served to reinforce their doubters assertion that they are not ready for a major event like the World Championships and the BA of Malaysia has to have a serious re-look at its selection policies.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    All he need is just to maintaining the form, stamina and tuning/polish up in all areas. ;)

4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    You will be suprised to know, once a while there will be some hidden snipers waiting to jump out to attack LCW...
    just waiting Datuk to trip.......

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think i congrtulated him in that thread..................paiseh !!

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Just ignore those LCW hater,..........no use wasting time on them !!

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

But Latok Lee also can demolish Super Dan if he's in top form.;)

8. george@chongwei

LCW just takes Chen Long lightly in that match;). He didn't go all out if you watch the match properly. Hope his preparation for the WC is running smoothly ahead of the WC.

9. george@chongwei

Wow, in the picture he looked ready for the WC. I'm always ready for sure. What about you?

10. george@chongwei

Wow, in the picture he looked ready for the WC. I'm always ready for sure. What about you?

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yes, WE ARE ALL READY. Bring them on.

12. extremenanopowe

phuh.................i like. 2 thumds up.;)

13. george@chongwei

Hope to see he pumps his fist like that during the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
    [​IMG]

14. h0560083

h0560083 Regular Member

He will be ready. Anticipating a good match between him and Lin Dan.

15. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    This paragraph,'As for Zakry Latif-Hoon Thien How, their performance in Jakarta only served to reinforce their doubters assertion that they are not ready for a major event like the World Championships and the BA of Malaysia has to have a serious re-look at its selection policies.', is indeed the observation of all and sundry. Any selection not based on merit has to be rejected as being unfair to the players concerned. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    LCW have gain his confident from VT80 hammer head!!
    i heard lin dan is planning to used VT80 and paint them into N90II color...

17. extremenanopowe

Crazy man. Where is your source? ;)

Am beginning to think that these WC and big tournaments becoming irrelevant.

A guy who can't win MO, SO and IO and some call him great player. ;)

The guy who win more tournaments day in and out is less superior. What do you reckon? ;)

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Can't wait to see this LCW-vs-LD match on Finals Day at the 2011 WC

After reading these 2 articles, it looks like LCW is really determined and confident to win the 2011 World Championships title.

Let's wish that LCW can do it. :):):)

Surely these 2 articles would have been told to LD and the CHN team. And, surely they would have already started planning and working on how to deal with LCW's new psychological boost.

Can't wait to see this LCW-vs-LD match on Finals Day at the 2011 World Championships; Will this match be the 'Match of the Year'? :):):)

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Only if the real LD show up.

20. extremenanopowe