Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,from the head to head,do u think choi hyo jin is better than lin dan?
    since they meet before,choi won and lin dan never able to beat him.

2. iqbaljuve

iqbaljuve Regular Member

student
    the fact is head to head 2:1.and how about the achivement? lol.......... who is "most complete title MS (compared from other MS player) in the world"????? lol......

#5942 iqbaljuve, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh,he beat lin dan to win east asian games ms title
    (mean lin dan didnt win it)

haha
    anyway,i just teasing and have fun

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Your answer here does not even relate to limsy's question, to be honest. Nothing to do with past H2H but just questioning miss.boon's a.k.a pralinescream's theory.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Facts of the past is one thing, current trends is another. New emerging changes is another factor too, as we have discussed before.;););)

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    guys. i know you are young. No point trying to communicated with those people. Just press the ignore button and he will be gone for good. Trust me, it is not worth it because there is just no rational. No one will win in this. He is just trying to test your limit/threshold as to when you use the 4 letter word. ;) I think u already used it. lol. ;)

I now will charge you for some consultancy fees. lol. ;)

#5946 extremenanopowe, Jun 29, 2011
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    what ever u said,u will get:my mum is a women.

8. extremenanopowe

oh oh oh... I see there are a number of drop outs in the forum. Are they back? ;)

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Of course achievements wise, Lcw can't be compared to Lin dan :D

Lin dan has side wingers to share/switch title and

also the sudden losses, practically nowadays to just anybody :D

10. laonong

laonong Regular Member

That's a very small sample size.

But for lcw and ld, the sample size is larger. More evidence to say that ld is better.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Lee Chong Wei is a one-man demolotion squad.

The CBA have to plan and devise strategies to deploy their entire army of singles players with the specific objective of neutralising the threat from this one man. They also need to resort to questionable tactics, along the way.

LCW just needs to show up for the entire Chinese MS team to start running in different directions and making flimsy excuses.

The best part? He does this without any fuss or drama.

If there were just one more LCW on this planet in badminton, the entire CBA MS team would have been history.

I think this puts the correct perspective on Lee Chong Wei, and the invincible Chinese Mens Singles players.

12. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Oh please cobalt and limsy, let's not pursue with the argument anymore. Let others made their own choice.

And to those who support Lin Dan, may I suggest you to worhsip your idol in this
    specific thread please? To be honest, I don't want to read a single damn thing about Lin Dan in this thread if possible. And there are better places to talk about Lin Dan or channel your raging hormones to than this thread.

#5952 lcleing, Jun 29, 2011
  13. iqbaljuve

iqbaljuve Regular Member

student
    in my opinion, i am totally agree with your opinion..........

#5953 iqbaljuve, Jun 29, 2011
  14. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Your views remind me of Rambo.
    LCW is not worried about fair competitions but some people are not that inclined and that is why the BWF has to do something about match-fixing, last-minute withdrawals, possible fake injuries and illnesses, etc.

The reproduced article speaks volumes of the writer's perception.

Time to clean up badminton to avoid being manipulated

COMMENT
    By RAJES PAUL in the Malaysian STAR of 29 June, 2011

THE dust has finally settled after some exciting badminton action in the back-to-back Super Series in Singapore and Indonesia, with the players now shifting their attention to the World Championships in London.
    But hang on a minute. Something is amiss – the credibility of Lin Dan and the Chinese team.
    In Singapore two weeks ago, three-time world champion Lin Dan was jeered by fans when he announced that he was conceding a walkover to compatriot Chen Jin in the final due to a stomach ailment.
    This led to speculation that Lin Dan had thrown the match, forcing critics to monitor him closely when he left to play in the Indonesian Open.
    In Jakarta, he lost to Sho Sasaki of Japan in the last 16, again provoking questions over his sincerity and honesty.
    Was Lin Dan really sick? Or was there some manipulation going on in China’s camp behind his walkover and defeat?
    There was a lot at stake for world No. 9 and former world champion Chen Jin had he won – a good seeding in the world meet in August and, more importantly, a better chance to qualify as the third representative from China at the London Olympic Games next year.
    Let’s just hope that there is no truth to all the speculations and that Lin Dan was actually ill.
    But China have been guilty of pulling off a similar stunt once too often – especially ahead of major events like the Olympics.
    Remember the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) in Johor Baru in 2008? Chen Jin had to win to become the third Chinese qualifier for the Beijing Olympic Games.
    And what did Lin Dan do? He threw the match against Chen Jin despite the boos from the fans.
    Remember the 2009 All-England? This time Chen Jin conceded a walkover to Lin Dan in the semi-final because of a back injury. And Lin Dan went on to beat Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei in the final.
    And who can forget the most controversial incident of them all when China’s former top women’s singles shuttler Zhou Mi was asked to let compatriot Zhang Ning win the 2004 Athens Olympic Games.
    A few years later, chief coach Li Yongbo admitted that “patriotism and loyalty to the country comes first and, sometimes, a player will be asked to give up his or her individual pursuit for the team’s glory”.
    There have been many more walkovers conceded by China’s shuttlers over the years, especially when pitted against their compatriots.
    But are we right to blame Lin Dan and the other players when they were only following team orders?
    Or should China take the rap if they had indeed manipulated the system?
    China, however, may not be the only country to have found a way to beat the system to suit their own plan.
    South Korea made a mockery of the game when they plotted their own downfall in the group stage of the Thomas Cup Finals in 2008 in Jakarta in order to avoid a stronger team in the next round.
    Then, there is Malaysia.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) dropped independent shuttlers Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen – although the duo had qualified on merit – for the World Champion-ships and named another pair – of about similar standard – because the system allowed them to do so.
    The Badminton World Federation (BWF) have taken steps to tighten some rules to prevent countries and players from taking advantage of the system in a bid to ensure that badminton remains popular and maintains its status as an Olympic sport.
    But the recent spate of walkovers, no-show by players, farcical matches and the lack of avenue for players to raise their grouses indicate that the world body still have a lot more to do to clean up the game.
    If not, badminton may just bite the dust – and kiss goodbye to its future as an Olympic sport.

#5954 skchen, Jun 29, 2011
  15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Good post. 15 chars.

16. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    LD has clearly been suffering from lack of motivation, e.g. less events/training (who can blame him) last two years. He has not been at his best this year (despite winning Korea the biggest SS event), and has not played in his normal style.

LCW is currently the best player in the world and I hope he wins at least one major title before he retires so he is at least a major title winner and to give MAS their first ever major title. If LD never wins another match his place in history is secure as an all time great.

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

LIKE (15 characters)

18. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Great post as always, Cobalt. That's the thing I like about Chong Wei, no fuss, no drama. He just gets in there and gets the job done. He may lose some matches, but it's no biggie. He's a big supporter of the Super Series and feels a great responsibility to give back to the fans who've come to watch him play. The guy has class. I can also say the same about Gade. Two shining beacons for world badminton.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Taufik also has class. He plays his exquisite badminton for fans to enjoy and does not worry much about losing. The youngsters can then say , ' I defeated Taufik magic...'

Most of all, he spoke out about the walkovers, questioning whether BWF s gonna do something about it. That takes guts.

20. extremenanopowe

lcw should be gutsy like taufik man. what is 15 characters? I love you? lol. ;)