Recommend a racket | Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by NeilPM, Jul 12, 2011.

1. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new racket within this week or the next one. I'm an aggressive smasher, hard hitter and I play doubles mostly. When I play singles I'm still aggressive, I like to attack, not a very keen net player (need to work on it). I play around the county and even go to Ireland if there's U21/19 events. For the rackets, I've had the Arcsaber 5DX before but it didn't feel right and I ended up returning it and paid 25% more, I like head heavy rackets (and stiff rackets) more because I always tend to switch back to my Voltric 5 (backup) when I had the 5DX.

Price isn't really an issue aslong as the racket will suit me and for the brands, doesn't really matter aswell though we have limited brands here in the UK.

Thanks,
    Neil.

2. arvislancmanis

arvislancmanis Regular Member

Student
    VT70 or VT80. Many peoples say that VT80 is better for singles, but VT70 is better for doubles, but for me VT70 is better in both singles and doubles :) SO pick up VT70 even it is not Stiff but medium to stiff, but it feels like stiff racket

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Unbelievable that LD_rules hasn't written yet with a recommendation for the Victor SuperWaves 35. He is its chief proselytizer. :rolleyes:
    That racket would be right up your alley, NeilPM, and should still be available in UK. Victor's MX80 also well regarded.

4. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    Hi.

Thanks both for the input.
    @Fidget: I was looking for the SW's and but again only limited racket and stock available especially the MX80. http://victor-sport.co.uk doesn't even have the SW35.

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That's too bad. Luckily there are lots of rackets in the stiff head-heavy category that others can vouch for . :)
    However, it is so puzzling to me that manufacturers think it is better to produce new rackets every year instead of marketing a winning design until it gets traction. Nowadays people find a racket they like just in time for it to be discontinued. :confused:

6. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    Uhhh! I can't edit, lol.

@Fidget: I would love to try a Victor racket, whilst stalking the forum for a while there's a lot of people who vouch for them. What would you recommend with in the Yonex range?

Cheers.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Forza 550/555VS the choice of most/many Forza doubles players ...

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Sorry Neil, my experience with Yonex is very slight. Hopefully the brighter bulbs in BC will shine some light for you. :)

9. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Hey - Victor in the UK sold out of their MX80s within a few weeks of getting them in. As for SW35 I haven't seen them in the UK for a while. I guess Fidget is right in manufacturers wanting to promote new rackets rather than sticking with the tried and tested.As for MX80 it is a nice racket.

10. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    Ben,

Do you use that website to buy your Victor rackets? Central Sports nor directshopeshop doesn't have Victor rackets.

11. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Yeah I use the Victor website when there is a racket I want.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hey! Aspiring players have to train, and train longer especially during the summer, if I want to play IC tournaments.:) I would recommend the SW35 :) you can still get it in the UK just not direct from Victor... Hold on I will see if my Internet source still has it. Otherwise there is always Germany and Asia.:)

13. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    Do notify me or reply here, thanks in advance.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

15. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    The site looks phishy, they don't even have an "about us" page and no reviews about the site in google :/ . Can you give me a reputable website where I can get the SW35? Germany/Asia as you said.

Thanks!

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Sure! I hadn't actually heard about the website before, I just was looking for websites selling it in the UK. Never seen or heard about fake Victor rackets, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. You can try in Asia www.sohubuy.com where it is cheaper but you have to factor in shipping, or you can try www.tennistown.de but not sure if they have any left. Tennistown is more expensive but shipping should be cheaper. Both are reputable.

17. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
  18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

19. NeilPM

NeilPM Regular Member

Student | Waiter
    Ben, it says seller does not ship to the UK. Thanks for the link LD_rules, going to figure out how to order on both website, haha.

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

ah yes, well ordering from Eric is difficult, especially if you are not a previous customer. If you PM him you might Get a different response to what the ebay site says, if you know what i mean... (Victor dont allow him to sell to Europe, but ...) catch my drift ? PM Squash_Eric, if you want to ask him.Ordering From sohubuy isnt really hard, just email what you want, he will quote you total price, then you use paypal, then your items are sent. I havent ordered from tennistown before but are legit.When ordering i recommend the 3UG3 model, you will probably have to quote this, there is a lighter version, but i think this one is more than agile enough...