Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I believe that LYB (at this 2011 World Championships) thinks that CL cannot defeat LCW. Therefore, LYB would probably tell CL to keep the rallies going much longer than usual.

The instructions could be: If lose in 2 games, make the match lasts in 60 minutes; if in 3 games, in 90 minutes.

:D:D:D We'll never know; if CL is fitter than LCW, CL could win. :D:D:D

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are giving LYB too much respect that he can control the outcome. Once the game starts, assuming CL-LCW meet at QF, if LCW is at his best, there is nothing CL can do. The gap between all top players is so small, that if one player falters/choke while the other peaks, either one can win.
    LCW is known for his fitness, and all CHN players are very fit, so fitness is a none issue. LCW path to the final is very challenging beginning with the very first round. I only concern is whether LCW will be mentally and physically tired if he has to get through CL, CJ and then face LD. I don't see which current player besides LCW has the capability to conquer the entire CHN wall consecutively in one tournament. That is why this draw is so tough for LCW.
    If LCW wins, that would silence all critics, make history for MAS and a bull-eye as the favorite for OLY12. If LCW lose, he will be called all kind of names;)

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think a win for LCW would certainly be a MAS boost and something amazing för LCW personally. Hwever i Think to silence the critics and make history, he probably needs to win the Olympics.. If he fail to win this year WC.. I think his mental confidence may be to dented to be able to win Olympics 2012..

/T

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Are you all sure critics can be silenced? I am not so sure about that. :D

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW won t be wearing a Proton logo anymore, right? What s the MayBank logo like?

6. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Probably the usual, the one with the tiger head (orange with black stripes).

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Agree with you. OLY win sure, but one step at a time beginning with MAS first WC gold chase. If LCW lose this time, with no WC12, MAS can kiss goodbye WC MS gold for a long time. As for OLY, a lot depends on how many CHN MS qualify and the DRAW. This WC11 draw is tough for LCW but like they say, the best will win regardless of the draw, well easy said than done, why make it so d-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t lah?
    CHN coach will prepare CL for LCW, we can bet on that. Some people said CJ is wash-up, let me ask a question, which AE and which WC or whenever CJ played in London, that CJ does not play his best. CJ will be very tough to play. And LD will always be LD when he plays for CHN glory and in a major, especially WC11 venue will be same venue for OLY12, LD will want to win this one to make 4 WCs and making a point who's the boss in OLY12. And the WC11 DRAW, LD has a better draw. If LCW can just play his best as he did in all the 6 SS he won, he might do it...it is only 3 more days to countdown....

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are right...most criticc, not all critics, there will always be 'trolls'

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u might not aware that lcw had announce this edition will not be his last

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If LCW at his peak now cannot win this time, 2 years from now when CL will be better, CJ is not that old, and LD also announce he will be playing (I doubt it though), and who knows who else will be coming up, Axelson maybe, LCW chance of winning at 31 years old will be even harder in 2013, maybe he got married and goes downhill:D:p

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    One more thing, I think LCW announced he will be playing after OLY12 is because he is truly patriotic and feels bad for MAS that there is no one to carry the torch, much like TH is doing for once mighty INA.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star

[h=1]Chong Wei to use improved net play to bag maiden world title[/h][h=2][/h]

IT was the first day of training at Wembley and the talk was all about world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei’s improved net play.
    His repertoire at the net is set to be one of his most important weapons as he bids to end the country’s long wait for a title at the World Championships, which will begin at the Wembley Arena on Monday.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei was seen busy showing his mastery at the net during a sparring session with coaches Tey Seu Bock and Rashid Sidek and back-up shuttler Chan Kwong Beng at the Preston Manor High School Sports Hall.
    Chong Wei and his team-mates had to train at a different venue yesterday because the main arena could only be used for practice from today.
    [​IMG]
    Seu Bock said that Chong Wei’s consistency and accuracy at the net was the result of hours of diligent training.
    “It can be quite mundane to do it repeatedly for hours every day but he does it without fail. Now, he has even developed a few tricks to outfox his opponents,” said Seu Bock.
    Team manager Ng Chin Chai was impressed with the tight spin shots at the net by Chong Wei – not once but a few times – yesterday.
    “This clearly shows his consistency and quality. He has amazing wrist work. I think Indonesia’s Taufik Hidayat is one of the most gifted players at the net and his skills are outstanding. Now, Chong Wei is at par with him,” he said.
    “China’s Lin Dan relied on showed speed and power en route to winning the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games but, since then, he has also mastered the art of precision at the net.”
    Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj said that Chong Wei’s spin and double motion tricks at the net reminded him of several former greats.
    “The great Rudy Hartono (of Indonesia) is one such player. He takes the shuttle from the top of net and his opponents just do not know where the shuttle would go,” said James.
    “Other players with good net play are India’s Prakash Padukone and our own (Datuk) Punch Gunalan. China’s Han Jian also has his own style. He likes to take the shuttle from the bottom at the net and it works for him.”
    National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky said that his mentor Christian Hadinata and South Korean Park Joo-bong were in a class of their own at the net.
    Asked who his favourite singles player was, Rexy said: “It has to be China’s Zhao Jianhua. He was the master at the net. Hendrawan is also good at it.”
    Finally, when Chong Wei was asked who he felt was the best at net play after his two-hour workout yesterday, he flashed a wide grin and said: “I am ... And probably Taufik too.”

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think most top players has good net plays too includeing CL, he showed it during the INA Open.................

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think LYB studied LCW well ahead of CL's match against him in the INA Open. CL was consequently able to operate better at the net and force LCW to lift thereby exposing him to more attacks. I'm sure LCW is very aware of this and taken steps to remedy it.

On the other hand LYB is probably devising another plan for CL to crack LCW's defences. Ahhhh... the chess of badminton.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, very true..........indeed !!

16. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Married with children, yes, a rapid decline is in order but maybe getting refreshed if he decides to postpone on having a bunch of babies?:D

17. julianng

julianng Regular Member

oh I didnt know he announced this.

18. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I agree with you man, LCW is probably not going to win the WC or OG in his career. So sad really for such a great player.

But we should all learn to appreciate his time in badminton by supporting him and enjoying all his wins starting from first round to final in the SUPER SERIES EVENTS everytime he plays from now on. :D:D

not winning the WC or OG isn't the end of the world.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Maybe I should not say 'announced' but it was in the MAS news that Datuk was quoted he intends to keep playing after OLY12...and something along the line that there is no one to take over from him. Those BAM fellas should be thankful cos' if LCW quit and those millions ringgit given to BAM to find another LCW only to produce a bunch of players that cannot survive the first round, and the ladies team going nowhere but downwards, and those high paid coaches and who knows how much the Chin Chai and his gang make, that would be headline news. This WC11, MAS is basically banking on LCW and TBH/KKK to medal. And how many officials are in London now? Bata James, all the coaches, Chin Chai, 2 cooks, and who else? And what is Bata James doing there? Talking about squandering tax-payer money.

On your 2nd post, wait a minute, this WC11 has not even started. LCW currently is playing his best baddy, and the one weakness he has before i.e. mental and confidence when playing LD appears to be solved. In fact, if you watch AE11 which was the last time these 2 fellas played, I have never seen LCW so focussed and confident. If LCW plays LD on an even playing field, I pick Lee. It is just the WC11 draw that makes it harder for him, but who knows if CL, CJ got KO. LD may face SS, and the last time they met in SO, SS almost KO LD out. I am just polling in picking LD to win, simply based on the draw, what do I know? We will find out next week;)

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Don't know how you can predict that 'LCW is probably not going to win the WC or OG in his career'? :confused::confused::confused:

Let's check back on your prediction after he has completed these 2 events, namely; after the 2011 WC and the 2012 OG.

#6060 chris-ccc, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011