Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We ought to congratulate LCW

I agree. We could see that LCW tried with all his heart (and strength) to win.

We ought to congratulate LCW (and LD as well) at this 2011 World Championships Mens Singles Finals for giving us such a GREAT match. :):):):)

#6181 chris-ccc, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

I hope LCW doesn't breakdown. :(

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Not the famous BC jinx?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

heart to win, but not mind :(

5. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

I agree with you in this one. Gave so much points away.

6. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    he lost becos he was too jittery and tensed, making mistakes after mistakes.

At least Lin dan was better able to control his tension........sigh... LCW LCW bila lah kamu mahu menang........

7. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

we shouldn't criticise him because he tired his best and he is the only player representing malaysia! you fans of his should give him credit and understand how he feels right now..even LD felt nervous and made many mistakes too! without LCW..LD would be winning everything and sweeping everyone aside!

8. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    this final was full of mistakes from both players, sigh.........at th end LCW lost it again......

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The best of lcw are gone. So, for next year it is up to lindan if he want to keep it. ;)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Well said... Unfortunately, many do not feel what LCW is feeling now. :eek::eek::eek:

11. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Never have we in our Badminton History comes along a hero who had to carry the weight of the Nation on his shoulders, train very very hard, struggle to slay his demons and every internal demon he had slaain in today's match. If mental failties was his undoing before, he had shown today that he conquered that too. What more can we ask of him? He has given his best for us, But it is GOD who had decided that it is LD's destiny to rule the Badminton world. "To labour you have the right , but not to the fruits thereof." Bhagavad Gita.

12. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    unfortunate result for LCW.. am a LD fan, however, for some reason, really wanted to see LCW win.. was truly sad to see him on the podium in second place. SIlver is still a great accomplishment! hope to see a fantastic olympic final

13. D@Vincci

D@Vincci Regular Member

Again, LD win because LCW lost to himself... dramatic

14. goldensand

goldensand Regular Member

student
    lol..it's sad that the dan has to be sick or something just so our cw caan outplay him...

15. pralinescream 2

pralinescream 2 Regular Member

politician
    duncha guys ever learn? history had repeated itself over and over again.
    always, right before the event of the year, super dan will allow latok to win once.
    knowing how boleh-land fans always have unrealistic hopes and short memories, this is a psychological ploy to put pressure on him.
    even chen jin was sacrificed to instil the feeling of 'this time, this is it!" among all boleh-land ppl.

then super dan will come in and smash latok to dust.

16. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    I do not agree. While I am a LD's fan, I respect and am impressed by LCW too. He has been playing well in the game but just that he was facing the other best players in the world like him. Both of them put up a very impressive show throughout the game physically, tactically and mentally. Unfortunately, one of the two would have to lose just like in any other sports. And I would say, at times, such wins depend on luck and who has better confidence when both players are playing at their best form( LCW's last two points were really partly due to luck I would say).

And again, no one else(not only in Malaysia) but in this region could play at the level that is even close to him. So far, year-to-date he had won 43 out of the 45 games he played, we should respect his courage, determination and sportsmanship instead of being so critical about him just because of one game.

#6196 ct3833, Aug 14, 2011
  17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Even though LCW lost, that man has gave his ALL and that is all that anyone can ask for. LCW 'won' a silver, how are the performance of the others who went along for the sight-seeing trip? and the manager of this team business as usual tomorrow?

18. flite

flite Regular Member

Your POV is correct in all points stated as far as a troll is concern.

It was LCW who lost the WC rather than LD won it hands down and your 'super dan smashes him to dust' is definitely out of context.

The fact is he just let slipped a golden opportunity by his own shortcoming, mental strength being the culprit once again.

#6198 flite, Aug 14, 2011
  19. eaglehelang

[h=2]Badminton / World Championships: Chong Wei bows to Lin Dan again[/h] Vijesh Rai
    rai@nst.com.my
    2011/08/15

HIS apology to Malaysia was from the heart but Lee Chong Wei vowed to not only go for gold in the London Olympics next year but also make one more assault on the World Championships in 2013 before hanging up his racquet.
    The disappointment that he must have been nursing was well masked but there were times during the press conference that Chong Wei looked like he would break down -- as he did during the medal presentation -- but there was also a steely resolve visible.

Having settled for second place for a third time after also losing to Lin Dan in the 2008 Olympics and last year's Asian Games, Chong Wei could have been forgiven for thinking that he is just not destined to win a major.

But yesterday's result, which saw him coming within a point of claiming the World Championships title at London's Wembley Arena before losing 22-20, 14-21, 23-21, has made the shuttler even more determined.

"I apologise to Malaysia for I know that the whole country was behind me. I tried my best but it was not to be and I hope that they will forgive me," said Chong Wei, who needed medical treatment for cramps and nausea after the 86-minute final.

It was a final that had everything as momentum swung from end to end but when it came to the crucial moments, it was Lin Dan who was the better.

"His quality is such that he refuses to give up. He came back when I led 16-14 in the rubber game and even when I held matchpoint at 20-19 and 21-20.

"He was willing to take risks and that was the difference as I tried to play safe. He is a great player but what makes me happy, despite the defeat, is that I have narrowed the gap with him and this can only mean good for me," said the World No 1.

The ranking, though, would stand for nothing if Chong Wei doesn't land a major before retiring and the 29-year-old said this is exactly what he plans to do.

"I have a good chance in next year's Olympics and I am going to try for the world title one more time. I have unfinished business in the World Championships and both these tournaments will be what I will focus on from now on."

The World Championships will not be contested next year but Chong Wei said he will immediately start preparing for the Olympics, which are in less than a year's time.

"I will need help from all quarters, especially as we can be sure that China will unleash all their players from now on. I don't only have to worry about Lin Dan but also Chen Jin, Chen Long and Du Pengyu. There are also the rest of the nations to worry about and my programme must cater for all these."

On current form, it does seem like Lin Dan is the only player capable of stopping Chong Wei from winning Olympic gold but the Malaysian said he had been boosted by his performance yesterday.

"Lin Dan won the title and was the better player during the crucial moments but I was not too far behind. Nothing much separates us and victory is always going to go to the player who performs better on matchday.

"I had my chances but didn't take them while he did but this is not the end for I will continue trying to deliver what Malaysia wants."

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/lnkr31-2/Article/art_print

20. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday August 15, 2011
    Chong Wei suffers frustrating end to inspired run
    IT was a magical moment at the Wembley Arena yesterday but it did not belong to Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei.
    Yesterday, China’s superstar Lin Dan shattered Chong Wei’s dream of becoming Malaysia’s first world champion when he came from behind twice in the decider to troop home with a sensational 20-22, 21-14, 23-21 win in an adrenaline-pumping, one-hour-and-22 minute men’s singles final.
    The 29-year-old Chong Wei had held the upper hand at 16-12 and 20-18 in the decider in the dream final of the World Championships between the two greatest men’s singles players but luck deserted him at the crucial state.
    And to add misery to his agonising defeat, Chong Wei, who put up a sombre face during the victory ceremony, rushed out with cramps on both his legs and was lying in a corner with tears in his eyes.
    It was truly a sad end for Chong Wei, who had been so convincing and confident in his play throughout the week, sparking a great hope for Malaysia to produce a first winner since the tournament’s inception in 1977.
    On Saturday, he had reached his first final in his sixth attempt in the world meet to become only the second Malaysian after Wong Choong Hann to do so.
    After a good rub-down, Chong Wei said that he was disappointed with the outcome but vowed to move forward – with his focus on next year’s Olympic Games.
    “I had two chances to end the game but it did not happen for me ... Lin Dan took a great gamble at the crucial stage and I was quite unlucky,” said Chong Wei.
    “I gave my all. This is my best and closest match against Lin Dan. It hurts to lose by two points in this manner.
    “I may have lost to him but I showed that nothing much separates us. I made some mistakes today but I will be ready for him the next time.
    “I am still happy with my achievement of reaching my first final here. It has been a good season. I have reached every final since the start of this year.
    “I will shift my attention to the Olympic Games. It is 11 months away and I want to better prepared.
    And he gave the Malaysian fans some good news: “I may have lost the opportunity to become the country’s first champion but I am coming back. I will be back in 2013 to get it right,” added Chong Wei, who left for home yesterday.
    It started with three quick easy points for Chong Wei following Lin Dan’s unusual poor service return shots.
    Then, the real battle began with Chong Wei and Lin Dan trying to outfox each other with their blistering pace, punishing smashes, unbelievable netplays and incredible retrieves.
    The Malaysian stayed ahead to take a 20-18 lead but Lin Dan was always dangerously snapping at his heels. Lin Dan’s brilliance at the net saw him levelling at 20-20 but a quick recovery saw the Malaysian taking the first game at 22-20.
    The second game went on in the same fashion but this time, Lin Dan dictated the pace until 11-9. A brief nervy spell by a slower Chong Wei saw Lin Dan taking a 17-10 lead and eventually forcing a rubber game with a 21-14 win.
    Both came back recharged and determined to outdo each other and what a fight it was.
    The decider was a thriller with both displaying class and quality but it was Lin Dan who had a better finish to nick his fourth world title to emerge as the world’s greatest player.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/8/15/sports/9302267.asp&sec=sports