Let's conclude it, Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Wong8Egg, Mar 9, 2009.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Are you sure? I thought it s worse than that.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Ask LYB the question :)

3. braids

braids Regular Member

That's only what you thought. The WBF doesn't take all matches into account. The precise H2H is 18:8.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Not for the year heading to Olympics. His primary goal is to help a third CHN MS qualify for Olympics. Because two CHN MS assists will increase his chances of winning OG12 more than just one CHN MS. So if LD and CJ are in the same half, then LD will make way for CJ, like in the recent Spore Open.By the way, LD practise energy rationing during matchplay and you know why.

5. damondemon

damondemon Regular Member

men of the world

6. damondemon

damondemon Regular Member

men of the world
    Don't forget, the rules require players to participate in certain amount of events, that's why LD take part, The magic word here is take part, WIN is not in the rules.
    Basically he is compelled to take part. Cut story short, SS/PSS/OPEN events, LCW take lah, MAjors like AG/OLMPICS/WC...ask the MAN 1st...WHO??? LIN DAN lah :D

7. iqbaljuve

iqbaljuve Regular Member

student
    are u sure? i count that H2H is 17:8, (16:8 from bwf website and 1 match again is not written in website : asian games 2010)

CMIIW

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    PG said "history", which refers to the past, not the future! ;)

Anyway his history may not included those past great players whom he has not seen nor played against. :p

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I am sorry for LD. What Peter Gade said is meaningless if it is not approved by the BCers. According to the trend of Badminton central.

Checklist for LD to become the best ever MS player:
    Ranked world #1 = checked
    Winning All England = checked
    Winning consecutive All England = checked
    Winning Thomas Cup = checked
    Winning Sudriman cup = checked
    Winning OG = checked
    Winning 1x WC = checked
    Winning consecutive WC = checked
    Winning WC at Malaysia soil = checked
    Winning TC at Malaysia soil + robot dance = checked
    Winning AG = checked
    Winning 4 times WC = checked
    BC approval = Epic Fail

Checklist for LCW to become the best ever baddy player:
    BC approval = Checked

Therefore LCW > LD :D

10. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Winning 3 OG = not yet
    Winning 5 WC = not yet
    Maylasia Open
    Indonesia open

LD can not be considered as the best ever player yet. Ld should work harder and retire at 35

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Who won 3 OG?

I would say he is the best if he can win the remaining SS titles like IO, SO and MO. ;)

Still it is too controversial to say he is the best because (again) people like YY and ZJH will not agree. lol. ;)

I would say Taufik is closer to being the best because he won all except for AE. ;) If both are at peak vs peak. It's 50-50 for sure. ;)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..closer to being the best based on winning the 3 SE Asian tourneys??..

IMO, winning the AE is somewhat of a requirement for someone to be called the best MS baddy player in human history, as it's the oldest and most storied tourney in baddy history...It's like the mother of all badminton championships/tournaments..

Actually, as i already mentioned, Yang Yang is arguably the best MS player in history if you want to count a player also winning the 3 South East Asia tourneys, on top of winning the WC, AE and the Olympics (YY won the MS title @ the 1988 Olympics badminton exhibition event)..*i, personally, don't count team events because the success depends on how good the team a player has..

#412 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Oldest football competition if FA cup, does it even matter now? Even in England??

How about this? TH at his best will toy LD at his best

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

FA might be the oldest futbol competition in the world, but unfortunately it stayed limited to British/UK/England region..
    On the other hand, AE started in British/UK/England region but expanded out to include the rest of the world..it eventually became "The unofficial World Championships" almost like the World Cup of soccer..

As to whether TH at his best will toy LD at his best, that we won't know. All we know is Taufik's last big match & win vs. LD occurred at the start of TH's downhill career and LD's rise to the top career (2006 MS AG)..It also coincided around the same time the new scoring system was implemented..LD's fans could also argue Taufik didn't play the best or 2nd best player in the world during the 2004 OG (Shon Seungmo); while LD played against arguably the 2nd best player in the world during the 2008 OG..Eventually, comparing TH vs. LD, they'll just look at how many major titles (individuals only) LD & TH have collected in each back pocket..

#414 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

As I said, even FA cup dont really matter anymore even in England. So the oldest tournament does not really mean the best. Today we have OG and WC, so why treat AE any better or even on par with them, to me AE is just another SS. Just like INA SSP that LD has not won.

Oh yes we know..... how about WC final 2005?? whos shaky hand were shown on the TV screen??

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

TH is the only player that ever put fear on LD eyes

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

FA only applies in British/UK/England; it's almost like a national championship. National vs. world. That's the difference with AE, the rest of the world still respects AE's history. It was literally the World Championship and/or the Olympics of badminton from the onset.
    As mentioned in other threads, OG is special because of its rarity; badminton event could even be wiped out from the Olympics in the future..and then what?..WC was or used to be a bit special because it was held every 2 yrs; not anymore but there have been talks the format will revert back to every 2 yrs..

Btw, for those curious about LD vs. TH's H2H record, see this thread, post #4 by bananakid:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ead-to-head-record-between-Lindan-and-Taufik?

#417 ctjcad, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I say it again: even in England FA cup is not even as popular anymore. The reason I mentioned that in post 413 is that I know that you will regard FA cup as national competition whereas AE is an international one. I hope by now you get the comparison if not then I give up :(

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I think it depends. I'm sure there are still those (die hards FA fans) who feel the FA Cup or league cup still holds some importance; up to each individuals & (die-hard) English futbol supporters..
    Is it not as popular in England/UK/British because it's remained a limited tournament? That there are bigger tournaments out there? That fans yearn for their team to get a bigger (world) audience and approvals? And the rest of the world's best players actually play outside of the FA?..

As is, AE, WC & OG hold importance partly because they all involve the rest of the world..
    ..should be post #5

#419 ctjcad, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agreed, coming from Peter Gade, himself an excellent player who has played against all the top players these last ten over years. Also the great Morten Frost said so - that Lin Dan is the best ever - when asked this question by Jo(Gillian) Clark in one of their joint commentaries during the just -concluded BWF World Championship 2011.