Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I agree with you. CL is a danger for LCW if he is off-form like what happened today. LCW couldn't find his range and made one too many mistakes.

Shoulder injury shouldn't be an excuse as even coach Tey said that LCW should be fine. People, please give credit to Chen Long.

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes i am agree that credit should be given to CL for defeating LCW, he played a good match, & he does improve.

I am sure that something has happened at CBA at the day before the Semis or maybe the scenario has been planned before, LYB asked CL what if LYB had the match fixed & gives him an opportunity to play in the final against LCW . What matters for LYB is not merely the result, he wants to inspect the progress CL has gone through & also how big the confidence CL has at that day especially in such crucial match with a risky decision . It turns out that CL has the guts to stand, take his weapon & fighting really bad to defeat the world's No. 1.

LCW on the other hand, suffered shoulder's injury 1 or 2 months a go if i am not mistaken , but as coach Tey said the World's no 1 shoulder has backed in shape, so i assume that LCW has recovered. But, the way he played in the first set is just not LCW's, more defensive & at a slow speed. Second set he did better, more aggressive, injecting the pace of the game, although it is not as much as he usually did, it is just enough to let the match progressed to the final set, where LCW did too many mistakes & become really slow & passive after 4 exchanges & above especially at the crucial stage of the game. As a result CL has just had a brand new Osim Chair that he could sit on during his free time, be relax, drinking tea while watching some cartoons back at CBA headquarter. :p :p

I hope LCW able to be back in his form soon & winning more and more title..Pointing his finger & mind directly to 2012 OG Gold Medal.

#6422 Licin, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    A win is a win

Surely we ought to congratulate Chen Long for defeating LCW at the Finals of the 2011 Japan Open SS.

A win is a win; whether LCW is injured or not, or whether CL has an advantage of getting a rest day before Finals Day.

I have not watched the match. But reading many posts at our tournament thread, I gathered that LCW lost the match (by making many errors).

So if what I have read is correct, shall we say that LCW lost the match to CL, rather than CL won the match against LCW? However it shouldn't matter, because the results show that CL won this match.

Well Done Chen Long and hope that Lee Chong Wei can make amends when they should face each other in their next tournament.

4. ahming

ahming Regular Member

this is the first time i see lcw tired when playing opponet other than LD.
    plese dont forget he is 29 year old right now,

5. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    I thought he's 28 right now and 29 next month? LCW is pissed that LD withdrew from the tournament for the 800 times to let his teammate rest and prepare....Pretty much no sportsmanship at the final but who could blame him. One shuttle hit his shirt and bounce out but judge didn't see and he didn't react. Then CL held his hand up before line judge could make a decision for the final point. LCW wasn't happy at all with that then CL started hugging everyone he could lay his hands on. LCW didn't even look at CL when they shook hands. Pretty much a controversial final. The polite and quiet Japanese crowd made the situation even more bizarre because there was almost no reaction to any of this except for the few foreign fans. If this was in another country, somebody is gonna get hurt real bad lol.

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Re the celebration i actually look at it the other way.
    CL's celebration was a compliment to LCW. after all it's only a SS title, one of the many yearly.
    That’s mean so much to CL because he knew how difficult to beat the world No 1, one of the best.
    if after the final point he just came over to shake hand made it all 'matter of factly' that it was mine in the bag and may be said something like 'try harder next time'. that would really hurt.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    In MAS, chinese people add 1 extra year to a person age, hence LCW is 29 now and 30 next month:p:D By having LD gave WO, CL has 1 day rest to prepare while LCW has to play PG, even though the match is 40 min, it is more mental knowing that your oponent in the final is rested to face you.
    I think besides gaining WR points for CL, LYB wants to gauge how close is CL to LCW as it is almost a guarantee that CL will be in LCW half in OLY12, as OLY rules split the top 2 players from the same country, so LD is WR2 and CL is next top CHN MS player and will be drawn into LCW half. So might as well have CL play as much as possible against LCW to get practice against your most probable SF opponent.
    I have not seen the entire match, I fallen asleep on live streaming, if the last point is not the winning point for CL as you said, then it is a repeat of AE10 where LCW beat Tage on a similar fashion.

8. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    LCW had last week off while CL was winning China, I don't think you can say the non semi was the reason for CL winning. Theyw ould train a couple hours even if they had a walkover. Plus LCW struggled against Tago, clearly his form is not as good as before worlds

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Some posts have referred to the AE 2010 finals where LCW had the benefit of a "questionable" line call at the very last championship point, over Tago. That is then compared by them to the very last "questionable" point at the JO 2011 where CL was the beneficiary, and walked away with the championship.

There is a fundamental difference. The last point at the JO 2011 was played in the rubber game; there could be no other decider after that point. In the AE 2010, the last point was played in game 2; so even if Tago did go on to win the game, there would still have been a rubber game to follow.

Therefore IMO it is incorrect to compare the two instances as they are not apples-to-apples.

10. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I agree with your view.
    I don't think KT could beat LCW in the rubber game if indeed there was one at the 2010 AE.
    G Clark said that CL influenced the linesman on the last point of the 2011 YOJSS MSF match with his two hands indicating out.
    The shuttle actually hit the far edge of the singles line but CL erupted with joy lightning fast and the umpire just gave in.
    Obviously in a rubber game there is no further recourse at the final point.
    G Clark commented she didn't like the attitude of the youngster. She also commented on the withdrawal of LD in the SF match.

11. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    Why can't bwf just use eagle's eye or other technology for line calls next time...there will be no disputes and you can guarantee it's gonna be a fair match in terms of line calls. Maybe it's even cheap to implement the tech. than hiring line judges.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    This is a load of crap..CL got excited and thought it was out, you could see from his reaction that he very quickly realised he should not sign that it was out and then turned to look at what the linejudge was showing. If the linejudge would be that easilly influenced I think the linejudge has a big problem.. Besides the Linejudges clearly favoured LCW at 6-6 in third.. Where the shuttle both bounced on LCWs back and hit the line and still was called out in LCWs favour :)

#6432 twobeer, Sep 25, 2011
  13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Actually some of the linesmen are volunteers who do what they do for the love of badminton.
    The BWF boss is a Korean and if anyone wants to implement the hawk-eye system, he should be the one and that will give the Koreans a head-start over the others.
    The Koreans boosted the prize-monies of the first SS Premier tournament this year and they are the largest compared to the other premier tournaments i.e. 1.2 million Usd.
    However, having the hawk-eye does not do away with the linesmen and this is clearly evident in tennis. It is only in disputes that the hawk-eye comes in useful.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Chris, please watch the match in entirety and tell us with your wisdom words whether LCW lost the match to CL or CL won the match against LCW rather than just reading the posts given here. There are 2 to 3 sets of posters here.

Same to Uncle OTB. Watch and comment. Please don't listen to hearsay or type and post as in Bad Central's case.

16. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    you can complain till the cow comes home it will not change the fact CL won JO because the umpire was who in charge of the game did not find anything wrong. Or maybe he got no balls to overdrew

#6436 benjamin59, Sep 25, 2011
  17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I would say that CL won the match

OK. :D:D:D

I would say that CL won the match. :):):)

The errors made by LCW were results from tight/good shots made by CL.

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    LCW = Let Chenlong Win. kekekeke.. he must have done lots of bad things to get this unfortunate karma... ;)

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Well we cant expect LCW to be in top form all the time. You win some, you lose some. For the match against CL, I got a feeling LCW was holding back due to some kind of injury and tried to take the easy way out by leaving the ball to go out (backfired like in the WC) and playing rally and drops.

Not taking anything from CL, he played well, defence was very solid.
    Lets see the next time both of them meet, how it turns out.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks. Your opinion noted. However I felt LCW lost to the match. Points below posted by Rogerv2 are similar to what I think. There were many instances in the 3rd game that he should have smash but played a drop like in game 2 but were retrieved by CL and subsequently lost the point.