2011 Denmark Open SSP: Finals Sunday 23-October

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    You can't win all the time, in my opinion, all Chinese players are very capable of beating Chong Wei in any major event, is like 1 against 5(Lin Dan, Chen Jin, Du Penyu, Wang Zhenming, Chen Long) unless Chong wei is on his top form all the time, quite impossible too.
    Is tough for Chong Wei, imagine he has to go thru the same routine next week on the French SS, very intense and stressful back to back SS series. I doubt he can deliver next week either. To me, as long as Chong Wei can keep his form well and stay healthy, the major focus is still the Olympic. The one to blame is the useless Malaysian youngsters, no emerging star and no help at all.

2. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Although there was a Lost Dan, but Lee Cannot Win the title today because someone else Couldn't Lose.

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Even CJ said after his latest loss to LCW that he found the way how to beat LCW, but he was just not able to execute the plan...Of course, I think CJ still lacks the neat technical that LD & CL have in order to execute the winning formula...

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chong wei's age isn't a factor,look at Peter gade(34!),Sho Sasaki(29?) and Lin Dan who is barely a yr younger. His problem is himself. He's got the skills and natural talent, but mental strength is something very difficult to train and nobody can really help you on this. That's why so many promising players are just a flash in the pan; they come and go, eg Zhu Lin, Lu Lan , Xi Jinpeng(Xia Xuanze's contemporary), P Gopichand, to name a few notable ones.

5. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Confidently I had PAWed TTY to win, but IR beat her.
    Then I PAWed IR, but her opponent WYH triumphed.
    Finally I PAWed WYH. The winner, as you know, was WX.
    Is there such a thing as a PAWer's curse??

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

remind me to follow you next time, to go the other way.

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Chen Long is better than Lin Dan, definitely! FROM tonight's performance!
    Consistency in future tournaments is another factor

8. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Good thing I have stopped gambling, lol.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you want to bet?

10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The "experts" already said LCW is better than LD, EXCEPT THAT LD will win the big ones.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chong wei must learn to let go and not care too much about winning or losing, just go in and play your best badminton and enjoy it. If he can keep this more relaxed and positive attitude, and maintain it until the london Olympics,he still have a chance. After all,what else can he do? Chen Long has just emerged as a serious threat, another formidable opponent,if he cannot accept it,might as well just give up now. In this aspect,he would do well to learn from Peter Gade who thrughout his career has/had to face Xia XZ, Taufik, Lin Dan and Lee CW, and now you have Chen Long. But is PG going to say: "Holy ****, besides LD and LCW,now there is CL - I give up,it's too much for me,can't wait until London 2012,there is simply no hope for me,I surrender"?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry,have to disagree with you. The "experts" don't include Morten Frost, Peter Gade, Gillian Clark, and many of the top badminton players and coaches. You must be referring to BWF and OSIM SS ranking.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long better than Lin Dan?! Not yet, too early to jump to such conclusion. Wait till he consistently beat Lee CW and LD, and wins most of the major titles while this two are still around. At most, you can say this three are in a class of their own.

14. RedShuttle

Morten Frost happened to be one of the "experts". Believe or not, Tang Xian Hu is another.

15. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Lol, I can imagine your streets lined with Williamhill, Ladbrokes and Paddy Power shops trying to entice you to enter.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

When Chen Jin came close yesterday unlike their previous one-sided encounters, it either means he has improved or he has found a way to counter Lee CW but hasn't mastered it yet.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Morten Frost merely said Lee CW played the best this two years in terms of results and when Gillian Clark asked him"many people regarded Lin Dan as the greatest", Morten Frost immediately responded "rightly so", followed by GC "you think so" to reconfirm it and then went on to talk about how difficult it is to compare past greats with present ones, about the lack of many top class tournaments in the past,etc,etc.

As for Tang Xian Hu, he is the one who coach Lin Dan to be what he is today, beating Lee CW in head-to-head and winning all the major titles, need I say more.

18. RedShuttle

I should clarify that the experts said LCW is already better than LD. The "EXCEPT" part is my personal observation.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Having the ability to analyse the foreign players and main rivals is one thing,having the right player capable of executing the technique is another. China happens to have many more talented players than others; maybe it also has got to do with critical mass, the resources,etc.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You mean age?