2011 French Open SS: Finals Day Sun 30-October

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2011' started by nokh88, Oct 29, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Who will win the 2011 French Open titles?

Who will win the 2011 French Open titles?

My guesses;

XD:
    Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [4] (DEN)

WS:
    Wang Xin [3] (CHN)

MS:
    Lee Chong Wei [1] (MAS)

WD:
    Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei [2] (CHN)

MD:
    Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae [2] (KOR)

2. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    This match-fixing issues through walkovers, fake retirements/injuries weren't new as you all know of course. It's been years is it? I remember Taufik Hidayat urged BWF to investigate when Lin Dan gave a WO to his teammate (can't remember which tournament it was). In one interview, Tine Baun angrily questioned why she had to attend a tournament (can't remember which tournament this one too) whilst she was truly injured but Chinese players can easily get away with WOs. Tine Baun or Rasmussen at that time, can't withdrawn from that tournament because BWF claimed her withdrawal came too late and she'll be fined if she don't attend it (she came anyway, she didn't compete though because she was injured).

FYI, BWF's Have-Your-Say is gone from their website. Can't blame them, too much hate for BWF in there.

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

GOOD prediction. Not sure about the WD one though, but the rest I can agree on

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He better do or he will be sidelined and we'll end up seeing Chen Long and Lin Dan playing "ping pong" - first you win,then I win, or I let you win this one you let me win the other one, and so on and so forth.:p

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

btw, if KT wins today, which is unlikely, he will be the first Japanese single to do so for the SuperSeries

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ah, one more title for you: Cobalt the contrarian. Someone said CW is over-confident? He is super-confident when he plays anybody except Lin Dan and Chen Long now,always demolishing all opposition with disdain. Whoever picks Tago to beat a buoyant(after yesterday's redemption) CW must be crazy (saying this tongue-in-cheek). Should the unimaginable happened - Tago played above himself to stun Chong Wei who played his normal game - CW will sink into depression,quickly disappearing from the badminton world,while CHN will sit up,take notice of Tago,and just as quickly go back to the drawingboard to study this new phenomenon {Interesting,very interesting;dreaming,daydreaming}:p:D

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

What make u think like that ? Did he said something arrogant or what...???

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So are CL and LD going to sink into depression , quickly disappearing from the badminton world...after being stunned?

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WS, Wang Xin - Li Xuerui : we're in for a treat,both play a ferocious attacking game usually but ,of late,Wang Xin is trying to be a more complete all-rounder. I predict Wang Xin to win,though I'll be rooting for LXR.

For the MD, another thrilling clash, Cai/Fu to take it this time.

XD, Xu/Ma,it will be a match too far for Fischer.Pedersen.

MS, Chong wei to win hands down;still,surprises not impossible,considering that CW has been shaken by Chen Long of late, denting his self-confidence, and putting ideas into his other (than CL and LD) opponents who now dare to dream of upsetting him.

WD - "I don't care" and not intersted. Suffice to say, Wang XL/YuYang at their best is so dominating they will reign for a long time to come. I've half-jokngly said somewhere,their killer smash, even when executed from the baseline,is enough to scare their opponents out of their wits.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Felt it in his facial expression and body language during his match against LCW.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long is the stunner. Lin Dan pretended to be stunned,all self-engineered as part of his gameplan. Chong wei was stunned by Chen Long but he is coming to grips with it. Chong wei to be stunned by Tago? - no way, at least not now.
    Whatever it is,this three maestros are in a league of their own - it will be for quite a while.

12. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Right, that's what I also observed. But the funny thing is that CL forgot to win the match. lol

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Its always easier to be a challenger than being challenged..........CL was a challenger to LCW but now their position have changed, LCW become challenger to challenge CL......and CL is feeling the pressure now !!

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

My guess for the WD (Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei to win) is a guess that China is going to match-fix this one. :p:p:p

It's only a pure guess; I have nothing to support the guess.

We shall soon know if the guess is right or wrong in a few hours' time. When it's a CHN-vs-CHN match played outside China, I often believe some outcomes are fixed. ;););)

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Credit ought to be given to LCW this time for defeating CL. On another day, CL will remember to win again.

But I dare to say that if they are to face each other (at their current form), LCW has a 55% chance to win, while CL 45%. Having said this, I won't be surprised that some BCers will come to challenge me to a serious discussion about this comment. :D:D:D

#35 chris-ccc, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Disagree in a way. :D:D:D

LCW is still World No.1 with a big difference of points above CL. CL is now World No.2, the best ranked player from China.

I think the pressure is on CL, whether he can maintain as the No.1 player in China; For Lin Dan is closely behind him.

However, it's not easy to understand LYB's mind; For he could fix his players' rankings; just to confuse all of us. :D:D:D

17. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

CL was lifting far too much in this match against LCW.

just had a different complexion to this match, compared to others - cos lcw was dictating, and CL was always scrambling to stay in rally.

anyway, we all know CL is now a genuine threat to lcw, and this win by lcw doesn't change that. CL should only get better.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ok,first one to comment. At this point in time,Lee CW is still slightly better,only thing is my percentage for them differs a bit from yours : LCW 52% - CL 48% , not trying to split hairs,just trying to make a point that your 10% gap is too clear-cut,I tend to put their difference closer based not purely on their skills but also taking into account other factors,such as mentality,age,natural talent,coach,etc. Furthermore,I believe CW has reached his peak while CL continues to improve and will soon overtake him(CW i.e.) - Lin Dan,watch out, don't just focus on CW.

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

considering the age gap between the two I say it's 50-50 at the moment, and the gap will grow by the day to CL's favour.
    and both about 5% below LD when it comes to the BIG titles.

#39 AlanY, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's right, CL will keep improving,he has time and age on his side, whereas LCW,and LD too,have already reached their respective peaks after playing so many years and getting on in age. Within a year or at most two, CL will be King of Badminton, with CW simply being overtaken and LD's mind not purely on badminton, if they haven't retired by then.