Chen Jin should have been denied already to play London 2012

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by 2cents, Oct 27, 2011.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the next 3 t'ments until the end of the year are all in China or thereabout, 2 in China and 1 in HK. I expect CJ and Co will squeeze PG out of the top 4 by then and just consolidate their positions after the new year.

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Full assault, full throttle? ;)

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some people are proud by winning with all dirty tricks...great country great people should not do it.....China players have dominated all tournaments in last 5 years....why need to get one player to make things look bad...including with all WOs....China does not need this and should not do it....even with 1 WD, I am sure they will win Gold medal...even with LD and CL they will be okay and WS, they have 3 and enough to beat everyone...China should stop these WOs...they think they are smart by doing it and actually they paint CBA with very bad images..

China is a great country with great badminton and they should help promote badminton around the world as again, as I repeat, badminton is not safe for 2020...

#43 huangkwokhau, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Unfortunately, CBA is controlled by LYB who does not think that way as you said to 'help promote badminton around the world'. The people in CHN, I would think the vast majority, would not agree with LYB too. LYB is doing this to ensure his players, as great as they are already, would have every edge and advantage, both mentally and physically rested, before facing their opponents, especially in majors. It could be LYB wanting to win at all cost for CHN, huge bonuses incentive for winning?....and who above LYB is giving him the go ahead to do all these, someone is condoning his action.

While I guess and understand why LYB is doing all these, I could not understand BCers, as purely badminton fans, who would argue, support and justify match fixing, faking WO, throwing matches, and it has been posted and quoted in BC by former CHN players of team orders, yet the same posters who have been with BC for a long time, still asking for proof or in denial.

As for badminton not safe in 2020, LYB is not thinking that far ahead...he could be retired rich, famous and powerful, and since LYB is highly regarded in CHN as the 'best manager', who knows, CHN government may reward him with a high government position.

5. laonong

laonong Regular Member

China is not that great. Also not too bad. It's just OK.

LYB is great in terms of career success.

He's not responsible to promote badminton. He's not working for BWF.

Badminton will still be popular even it's kicked out of olympic. May be more popular in China if CBSL well organized

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I still think if an organization deliberately creates new rules and regulations just to target or restrict a particular country's strength; hence, unfair or even indecent from the outset, then that country may kick back, just play within the rules and regulations, stretch them to the max. After all such rules and regulations only come into existence to restrict one particular country only. For me, i just sense some unfairness there :) it has nothing to do with pride... but more a bitter, fairness issue.

There is a saying that more or less means: "You initiated the move first; I'll just follow the course..."

About the 2020 threat, i don't share the same opinion.

Taking the example of table tennis, the balance of strength among countries is even worse than badminton, yet people don't talk down about its being unpopular, withdrawal from multisport events and so on. Table tennis as a sport remains to be popular until today. I don't see why badminton is such unique in itself.. or any exaggeration is relevant here.

Well, this is just a personal opinion :p

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    With regard to above position, if ANY of CHN top 3 players has the chance to meet PG before SF, then surely PG will have serious problem. We all know that so far PG successfully to reach SF or final stage without facing any of that three players. I don't know how to call it...PG is good, consistent but not that good, that consistent either provided... (just fill in). I just don't know how to call it...why better player must be prevented from attending... how to define fair/unfair then.

8. extremenanopowe

Sad case. Lyb was treated badly when he was playing. His way ti revenge on others. Mentally a sick person. Bwf bowing to the emperor. Political biz at stake for ither ciuntries to go against them. Big bully in the making. Sad sad...

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

On the contrary to what you mention, here's a very recent article with quotes from the ITTF president himself:
    The ITTF's president Adham Sharara said Singapore can expect to leverage the presence of the new headquarters to stage more international events.

He also commented on how Chinese dominance of the game was hurting the sport, causing media interest to decline.

On its part, the ITTF said it managed to convince China to open up its table tennis league to foreign players.

As Hau-Ge mentioned in his post, there's a REAL THREAT that badminton will be "kicked out" from the Olympics 2020. That is why BWF hired consultants to help the organization promote badminton and make it a more popular sport for everyone in this universe. Even baseball, a popular sport in the U.S. and some parts of Asia (such as Japan and Taiwan) was excluded as an Olympics event in 2005.

China's current practice of withdrawals for the sake of having more entries in the Olympics is certainly hurting badminton's image and its ambition.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I would guess (90% chance) that Chen Jin would not be able to qualify

IMHO, all BWF needs to do is to tell the Olympics committee to set a rule to restrict a maximum of 2 participants per country for each of the Badminton events at their Games.

This is good because 2 players from a particular country can be positioned in the separate halves of the draw.

I think that if 2 players of the same country are placed in the same half or the draw, some fishy business can be contrived, and it's not good for Badminton in general. At the Olympic Games, it is for our worldwide audience who follow and love Badminton to watch.

Even though I do respect China as our top Badminton playing nation, I would not like China to do their match-fixing ways at the Olympic Games like they do at SS and/or SSP tournaments.

Currently, it sure looks like only Chen Long and Lin Dan are the only 2 Mens Singles CHN players to qualify for the 2012 London Olympic Games.

I would guess (90% chance) that Chen Jin would not be able to qualify.

#50 chris-ccc, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  11. extremenanopowe

What and how do you calculate to show CJ will no qualify? ;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I guess Lin Dan, Chen Long and chen jin to qualify unless anything bad happens.;)

13. extremenanopowe

very confusing. chris says no and george says yes. So, what is the probability that CJ will qualify? How many more tournaments to go? ;)

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, CJ is scheduled to meet PG in the QF at the HK Open. With a head-to-head record of 7-3 to CJ's favour, barring any injuries CJ should take that quite easily. Assuming LD and CL both progress to SF as their seeding suggested, even if CJ got to the SF and go no further all CHN's 3 MS will finished ahead of PG.

with that said, CJ probably has the toughest draw to the QF. Hu Yun (HK) just took out PG at the French in the 1st round and either Tago/Jorgensen in the 2nd. As they said the destiny is in his own hand if he wanted to go to London next year better start winning.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

and all of CJ's 3 losses were in Europe, never in China/HK or even Asia

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I followed your posts and 2beer in discussing CJ chances of making to OLY12, and that is very interesting discussion. HKO and CO, then AE and so on, with so many Opens to come before OLY12 qualification ends, the many opportunity to fix results exists. I bet real money that CJ will make it to OLY12 if there is a place to bet and I can safely collect my winnings or pay up.
    Not only that, with the current form of the 3 CHN MS players, LYB would want CL to be in LCW half if he can fix that. That way, for LCW to win OLY12, he has to go thru 2 very tough players: CL and then LD. While LD has to beat only 1 very tough player: 1 LCW to win. Of course I am assuming there is no upset along the way.
    I see your previous point that if a player is good enough to win, playing 1 SF while your opponent in the other SF gets a WO, no big deal as the player should be physically fit and so on. But at the highest level, it is very much a mental game, than physical, that a player has to prepare for 2 tough opponents consecutively and knowing that the player is playing against a 'system' than an individual while knowing that the opponent you face in the final is well rested, prepared and waiting for you. It is easy to say, don't think so far ahead to the final, concentrate on the SF. That is Camilla Martin saying the China Wall, not 1 player but the whole team.

In WS, unless there is upset, with all 3 CHN WS players seeded 1-2-3, potentially there will be 3 CHN WS in the SF. That is really intimidating for any player to go through, as though 1 is not tough enough, now deal with 2 consecutively. Unless we see a Susi, Bang Soo Hwan or Camilla out there facing the CHN, OLY12 gold, silver and bronze to CHN is highly possible. The women CHN Wall is safe.

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

For WS, because of OLY's 3 WS in the top 4 to qualify policy that give a better chance for the others, isn't it? At most you need to beat two CHN's WS to win compare to a normal open t'ment that can be 3 or even 4 in a row. imagine that!

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

btw, don't take too much notice about that. just tried to wind someboby up since there isn't much going on for 2 weeks, badminton-wise

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    On the 1st quote, OLY has fewer participants right? Agree with you that to beat 2 is better than to face 3 or more as in SS.

On 2nd quote, are you throwing out a troll with your post in another thread? On te other hand, I really think so that to to do than for LD to play 1 and win it all (again, I am assuming there is no upset). I say so because it has been shown that when it comes to all CHN final, CHN coaches are absent from the court and the players fight it out themselves.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

yes, i think players at this level are all in their heads.

if you have a WO even you probably work much harder than have a rest day, you're not going to tell your opponent you're really wasted, aren't you?
    you are going to show up full of energy to get that 'physiologically' over your opponent.

on the other hand as I said if you can't play 1 match a day for 5 days you might as well forget it.