London Olympic 2012 : Can Indonesia mantain the gold medal tradition?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by miksss, Feb 12, 2011.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

No lah, i mean if INA WS can win the bronze medal considered good achievement already lah. :D But anyway, who expect MKY to win bronze medal in OG 2008? I believe that even that time not so many are expecting her to pass Tine Baun or win against Saina when trailing 3-11 in 3rd set :D i just hope for the best lah. :D

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yup agree madbad, our contender for gold medal is only Towi/Butet, Kido/Hendra and Bona/Ahsan. But i think Greysia/Meiliana should be a good contender for bronze medal. :D

3. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

I'm not sure if Kido/Hendra will even qualified to London. Towi/Butet still can't beat top chinese pairs at this moment. Bona/Ahsan is still inconsistent.

4. sen

sen Regular Member

I see the better chance at the moment is Towi/Butet. They have beaten all the top pairs. After that they are having a slump, losing some to those who can not qualify for Olympic. But in the grand final SS, they seem to be better, losing to the top 2 Chinese pairs by slim margin.

But with failure, then they will learn. I would be more afraid if they keep winning and the no1 pair.

As for Bona/Ahsan, yet to win a Super Series title so hard to imagine whether they can win Olympic gold as a pair who only won GP gold titles.

5. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

I think, the most realistic target is just can Indonesia maintain any medal in badminton on Olympic London 2012.

Because on the last super series 2011, Indonesia got beaten so badly. None of the player advance through semifinal.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Their BEST hope lies in their Mixed Doubles with Natsir being the one and only star player to carry Indonesia forward. I always have a feeling China won't win the Mixed Doubles because none of the Chinese girls are as good as Gao Ling except Natsir herself

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    One good question though.

With Taufik playing **** lately, do you think he will be allowed to play for Indonesia since they could alternatively deploy Tommy Sugiarto and Rumbaka in MS. They also stand an equal chance to qualify with their future rankings.

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Nothing is guaranteed by CHN has the best chance to win OLY12 XD. I bet you anything that CHN will win the XD and that Natsir/Ahmad won't. Only the DEN pair has a chance, and they probably has to go through 2 CHN pairs to win, not impossible but tough.

9. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    MS : very hard. Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Chen Long even Peter Gade and Chen Jin are better than Taufik Hidayat and Simon Santoso
    MD : Very Hard. CY/FHF, JJS/LYD, MB/CM even KSH/YYS and CB/GZ can beat indonesian continent
    WS : almost impossible. no one of indonesian WS on top ten even hard to only qualifier
    WD : very hard. CHN has crazy double i think the two CHN double (i can say that WX/YY and TQ/ZY has 70 % chance to win OG, 30% is other) even indonesia has MJ/GP or VM/Nm even NK/AF.
    XD : golden oportunities to tontowi/lilyana even still hard to beat ZN/ZZ, XC/MJ, and JFN/CP.

10. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Towi/Butet just need more consistency esp Towi need to cut down his errors and not easily get panic. If i am not mistaken, so far only Towi/Butet could beat ZN/ZYL and CX/MJ in a row in straight games in a tourney. Not to mention Towi/Butet trashed JFN/CP in world champs, but it was few months ago. They are not consistent now. In last encounter, Towi/Butet who are coming without a coach at Super Series Final almost beat ZN/ZYL in straight games(they threw away big lead in first game) eventually lost in rubber games, also lost to CX/MJ so tightly. Let's see later, hope gold medal for them ;)

#30 miksss, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  11. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

will depends on how kido/hendra and owi/butet performances in 2012..

it will be a whole different situation when they are playing on olympic :)

12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Agree.. Stil recall when AG 2010.. No one expecting Kido/Hendra to win any medal there, after lost to German pair in French Open. But guess what, Kido/Hendra won the gold medal and all for the so called 'top pairs' bite the dust. Also when OG 2008, who expect Kido/Hendra to beat Koo/Tan? Koo/Tan hold a 4-0 record against Kido/Hendra, KinDra lost all the matches in straight games. But in OG 2008 Kido/Hendra beat Koo/Tan in straight games. And They win the gold medal. Perhaps Kido/Hendra are born to win major titles ;) their game are so unpredictable. Who knows they could just suddenly won OG 2012?;) their title is complete already.. If they win OG 2012.. They will become the most successfull MD pair ever.. :D

13. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

agree with you mikss, but at this moment, Kido/Hendra still trying to qualify olympic 2012. They are not qualified at this moment. Losing to Ahsan/Bona and Alvent/Hendra.
    :crying::crying::crying:

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Any Indonesians here around willing to share some PBSI insider news to this channel? I am curious whether Taufik Hidayat will be even selected to participate in London this year after he had a poor run last year.

Are they planning to feature Tommy Sugiarto and Santoso in MS?

15. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

count firdasari as a contender for bronze medallist. She is doing well at Uber cup qualification.

16. miksss

miksss Regular Member

remind me of MKY, she did well several months before OG 2008(in Uber Cup and Indonesia Open). will this happen to Firda too...? nobody knows.. :D

17. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

yea man, MKY beat Zhang Ning before Olympic games.
    I think bronze for firda will be such a great accomplishment(national public holiday)

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Dont be so downbeat by their recent failures in Uber Cup 2012. I am Chinese but still rooting for Indonesia to preserve their golden tradition in Olympics..That's what makes the sports so special and meaningful. My biggest bet would be Natsir and Tantowi to win the gold because as predicted, the Chinese pairs are not mentally strong enough to defeat random pairs in big events and the same disappointment back in Beijing 2008 will repeat in London plus the pair has good/consistent record against non-Chinese pairs especially the dangerous Joachim Persson. The only shock defeat they suffered were against the British pair other than that the defeats were due to the Chinese pairs.

INA will prove to us that once again they are upset-resistant and the mixed pair has the best shot at gold. If China swept all gold in London, i believe 2016 is the last year we see badminton included in the Olympics.

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Here's a question for knowledgeable Indonesian fans: How early does the Indonesian team go to London before the Olympics?
    It would be wise to acclimatize to the environment and time zone. But it must be expensive to secure lodgings in London much in advance of the actual Games.

Will any of the Olympic selects be participating in the US and Canadian Opens in July?

20. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

well, lilyana and tantowi is so inconsistent at this moment.
    and it's kinda impossible to rely on bona/ahsan at this moment. they are losing a lot against "non strong" pair. imagine in olympic, if they have to beat CY/FHF, LYD/JJS, another korean pair, and Koo kien kiet/Tan boon heong( my favourite pair). btw, KKK is kinda good in MS(thomas cup qualifier).