2012 Korea Open SSP: Sunday 08-Jan (Finals)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2012.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

There is no doubt Malaysia will be in a transition period especially in team competitions after LCW's retirement. KKK/TBH are already showing alarming signs of decline and the backup pairs, although better than their singles counterparts, are not ready yet.

Even for the upcoming Thomas Cup Asian zone qualifying, Malaysia are in serious danger of not grabbing one of the 4 available spots. KOR, JPN, INA, IND, THA, TPE will be difficult to overcome.

2. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LD does this 'nose-blowing thing' very often and unfortunately this is watched by millions on live tv.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yup. Part of it. But lcw shd still need to get more advisor and fine tune his netting and smashing accuracy. ;)

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why did LD bother to defeat LCW in HKO and CO? Why didn't LD let LCW win those two matches? LCW behaved cool after the KO win because that was not his first victory over LD. He just regarded LD like any other opponent and that s smart thinking. LD is a great player but when the game doesn t go his way,(which is not often) he becomes clueless and mentally froze. Now no one would believe that about LD because it is incompatible with his perceived image of super mentally strong, they can t accept it because it creates deep discomfort.What non-CHN opponents don t realise about CHN players is that they are so used to and expecting to win that when the game is not going their way, they start to have that 'stunned' look which CHN fans like to interpret as disinterest, and then all their shots go haywire and they exhibit mental collapse in a flash. This happened with CHN WD YY/WXL as well, a pair considered invincible until the SF.

5. gk_sezhian

gk_sezhian Regular Member

What is the racket lee chong wei is using for this tournament? Its not the Voltric 80 i beleive

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Ya, if I were BWF or OSIM (sponsor), I would consider this to be inappropriate behaviour on international live broadcast, and would have a word with him.

He is along with LCW the pinnacle of badminton and as such they represent badminton to the world and to a lot of youngsters who look up to them as role models.

Didn't badminton originate as a gentleman's sport? I mean how hard is it for LD to just suck it in and swallow it, instead of blowing it out all over the side lines?

#746 visor, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  7. tirama

tirama Regular Member

Great Match :)

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    probably something that is really common in China as the hygene awareness is not very high there. but as an professional player involving in international sports they should be taught to not do those stuff when in public...

9. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Adding on to the lack of manners and hygiene, his unsportsmanship behavior should also be in the top of everyone's list.

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Well said again. Happens to me to when playing with my friends. When nothing seems to work or the opponent got answers to all my shots, mistakes takes over like a flash flood. Shots go way out, I will be wondering what the hell is happening and start cursing myself :) :)

When the the opposite happens, the confidence & rush of energy is incredible.

11. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Im not sure LD gonna try his best in MO12. I have a feeling that he might let CL and the rest do the job. Thomas Cup is around the corner, not to mention preparation for OG12. I might be wrong though.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

----____________

13. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

It is the new Voltric with dark greenish side paint job instead of brown, which model or revision I dont know. During the telecast they showed the close up of a few LCW racquets with broken strings and they had huge VOLTRIC words on the frame. I have a Voltric 80 so I can tell the difference.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

^^^ No, LD is too pro to be affected like that. Not to mention he was doing much better than LCW thruout G1 and G2, with LCW making most of the errors and feeling discouraged. Something else happened. Someone said it was some disagreement between him and the coaches at the mid game interval G3.

15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

China can win the Thomas cup without fielding their top ranked players. The 2nd choice or 3rd will get the job done as well. I cant say the same about the Uber Cup though.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    he has no respect for his opponent, coaches, and fans...

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Didn't you see Lin Dan running around and defending like crazy. Contrary to popular believe LD does have a chip in his armor. It is time people learn how to exploit it. Easier said than done.

Are you implying he threw the match to get back at his coaches or he was mentally disturbed from the disagreement?

18. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Yeah, I think if you walk around in China, you see people doing this and spitting around all over the place. To them it's so normal, don't even need to think twice. Not that I am making excuses or saying it's acceptable.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Have a box of tissues for Lin Dan at court-side

This is just a suggestion:

Have a box of tissues for Lin Dan at court-side. And tell Lin Dan to use the tissues whenever he wishes to clear his nostrils. :p:p:p

20. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

BWF Kleenex Super Series

From AFP Sports

The BWF Super Series circuit was abuzz with news yesterday of the entry of another sponsor for Lin Dan, Kleenex Brand Tissues from the USA, joining the ranks of Li Ning and other reputable companies.

"We believe this is an important part of our expansion plans in Asia," their Marketing manager mentioned at a Press Conference after the Korea Open last weekend. "And with a spokesperson of the stature of Lin Dan joining our ranks, the long range benefits will blow away our competitors in the region," he added.

"Lin Dan certainly has a nose for picking the right sponsors, and we are are happy to oblige. We will also work with Li Ning closely to see how our synergies can complement each other to ensure another successful year for Super Dan, including supplying some of our softest and highest end tissues to protect his olfactory senses."

Kleenex is a global brand specializing in facial tissue since 1924. Some of their high end products include everyday tissues, cold touch tissues, anti-viral tissues, and more tissues.

AFP/Reuters

#760 Voltric, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012